• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
thats because they barely used it to any real effect. MGS5 had single take cutscenes but they were also shown from a handheld perspective which made them memorable

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
The single shot thing is a neat idea but when I think about other games I've played, especially open world, it ultimately isn't that special. Take BotW, for instance, you could be running around for hours between shrines/cutscenes. If you sit down and play GoW for a couple hours at a time it's effectively the same thing.

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
I would have liked at the end of the game you could fast travel from anywhere to any of the portals(even in different dimensions) though even if that meant a load.

Oct 27, 2017
I would have liked at the end of the game you could fast travel from anywhere to any of the portals(even in different dimensions) though even if that meant a load.

It's not like it would have made things faster. The fast travel is loading, just hidden behind the portal and running through the area. The door doesn't pop up until it's loaded.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Super Mega Baseball adds the ability to share custom teams. I'm not sure if that will happen though, as people would probably just make MLB teams and MLB would shut that down immediately.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017

I'm pretty sure the fast travel portal is a load anyway.

They treat it as a unique storytime thing though so I thought it was a good way to handle it.

QFNS

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I understand why GBInfinite (still a worse name than GBTV) moved to twitch, but I still think it sucks. I hate that twitch player.

Teddified

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like it would have made things faster. The fast travel is loading, just hidden behind the portal and running through the area. The door doesn't pop up until it's loaded.
I'm pretty sure the fast travel portal is a load anyway.

They treat it as a unique storytime thing though so I thought it was a good way to handle it.
I more would just like to have pop over to where the combat arenas are real quick without having to run back to a thing and then do the load in the shrine. Mainly just the ability to go to the other dimensions without having to do two loads.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England

pKPiG1m.gif

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I was listening to Harmon's podcast and thought it was decent for a while then he had a female guest on and immediately got creepy with her. Like right after apologizing for his little incident with a writer

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Single take is a dumb gimmick in most cases. You're artificially limiting yourself for no gain, and it lowers my ability to suspend disbelief. Like, the magic of montage/editing is that it compresses time, and allows you to just show the important bits, and the audience can just assume that all the mundane stuff happens in between.

What I'm saying is when does Kratos shit?

ThanksVision

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so my partner and i are watching through the MCU movies for fun. just watched iron man 1. it was... fun!

do we skip the hulk? i'm confused on what i am supposed to be watching. it looks like the incredible hulk is considered part of the MCU but then they replaced ed norton with the charismatic mark ruffalo for some reason. not sure why, but prob better for it (i have not seen any of these movies). i guess i'm asking -- which ones am i supposed to watch ?

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
so my partner and i are watching through the MCU movies for fun. just watched iron man 1. it was... fun!

do we skip the hulk? i'm confused on what i am supposed to be watching. it looks like the incredible hulk is considered part of the MCU but then they replaced ed norton with the charismatic mark ruffalo for some reason. not sure why, but prob better for it (i have not seen any of these movies). i guess i'm asking -- which ones am i supposed to watch ?

You can safely skip the Incredible Hulk movie. Most of it is ignored or recapped in the first Avengers movie anyway. They actually retcon a few parts of that movie, too.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
You should still watch The Incredible Hulk tho. If not just for the fight scenes. That last one in the streets with Abomination is pretty cool.

hell watching Tim Roth chew up everything around him and go toe to toe with a hulk is pretty awesome.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017

Han Seoul-Oh

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I'm still waiting for Fast and Furious to bring back Jesse's dad on the hunt for his Jetta.

I sometimes wish that they would bring back Jesse by saying that instead of dying, he just got repaired and went on to graduate from college and stuff.

yes you do. I'm currently unemployed right now, so I'm trying to find an excuse to just sit down and run through all 7 before I go back to the work force.

There's 8 films and an additional 2 short films.

Han Seoul-Oh

Pls don't get banned

Also, editing audio in AE is hell

If you say so. Also, I have no idea what's going on in that picture, but thanks for going through with it and making the streamable.

Last edited:

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Johnny Tran would be welcomed into the family at this point even after killing that one guy in the first movie.

Such is the low moral value of Toretto.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017

Watch Ang Lee's Hulk, then stop

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a tough time getting back into Yakuza 6 after 2 weeks of super intensive God of War playing...

I played a couple of hours of Y6 when it first came out but then switched to GoW on release so I'm kinda far enough that I wouldn't want to restart but at the same time it's kinda tough to get back to in in the middle of a random quest...

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
thor ragnarok was very fun. fight scenes were kinda eh though but maybe all fight scenes are kind of eh

Status
Not open for further replies.