What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• MOM'S DEAD, PARKOUR!

Votes: 120 40.0%
  • I Hear You In My Blood

Votes: 50 16.7%
  • Welcome To The Hugbox

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • What Is To Smang?

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Y'all Don't Like It Because It's Bad

Votes: 111 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
vbq92V2.gif

No you're right, Austin is way better. I take back everything.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Hella you weren't kidding about this new Waypoint pod being better. Not that Rob and Patrick can't speak to labour issues at all, but you get Austin in there and you get a pointed, powerful discussion with suggestions for meaningful things you can do.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Ya'll going on about RDR 2 and I still have like 30 hours of Persona 5 to slog through

After that I wanna see if God of War and Spiderman hits 20 bucks over the holidays.

Avengers23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Business is picking up in Starlink as the invasion timer starts clicking, giving the game a StarFox 2 feeling.

I wonder what happens if I let a planet fall completely.

However, Starlink makes the enemy diversity in Freedom Wars or Soul Sacrifice look practically encyclopedic. There are maybe 6 enemies to fight (Outlaws, Imps, Cyclops, Shielded Cyclops, Giants, Primes) in the whole game so far.

SaveWeyard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all ever see a rephrasing of a classic comment so bad that you are forced to rise up and send death threats to the reviewer who dared to go against the consensus?

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, I thought the point of the early and late impressions thing was to have Alex's reactions at the start and then show how he feels late in the game?

edit: oh I guess they're just going to do another video on the late impressions?

Yeah, I was ready to press the pause button the whole video for when they cut to late game impressions.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
rather be in a coma than play p5
Honestly, for my first experience with the Persona series and traditional JRPGs in general, I'm still undecided on whether or not I like it, even after 60-70 hours.

Like, I think the story is great. This game could use an editor like a motherfucker, but I think everything outside of the fighting is well done. However, the combat is just so easy to check out of. Every encounter goes something like "Find the common weakness of the two or three different enemies you'll see in this dungeon and just keep critting them to do an all-out attack." Combat is never fun outside of major setpiece fights and boss battles.

Just started November in the game, so I'm nearing the end. I'm enjoying my time with a good chunk of it, but I can't fathom why people say this is one of the best games of last year.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
That 10 year anniversary podcast was legitimately one of the best things they've ever put out.

Also makes me really wistful for Silly Jeff. You just don't ever get stuff like that drobot bit ever since Ryan passed and Vinny moved.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Best Buy, too. In the US.
I remember when midnight releases were super common. The Blockbuster I worked at stayed up past midnight for Gears of War 2. We had like fifteen preorders and we were in the same stripmall plaza as an EB Games, and Microsoft sent us a half dozen t-shirts to give out with them. I still wear one of those shirts for exercise; it's just black with half a read gear on the right hip.

It ain't like that anymore.

I have it pre-loaded already
Well lah-dee-dah, Mr. My Bandwidth Allows Me to Preload Games. TBH with the day one patch and install time you'll probably still be playing before me.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, for my first experience with the Persona series and traditional JRPGs in general, I'm still undecided on whether or not I like it, even after 60-70 hours.

Like, I think the story is great. This game could use an editor like a motherfucker, but I think everything outside of the fighting is well done. However, the combat is just so easy to check out of. Every encounter goes something like "Find the common weakness of the two or three different enemies you'll see in this dungeon and just keep critting them to do an all-out attack." Combat is never fun outside of major setpiece fights and boss battles.

Just started November in the game. I'm enjoying my time with a good chunk of it, but I can't fathom why people say this is one of the best games of last year.
P5's combat is great precisely because it's so straightforward. It's a game of resource management, tasking you with getting as far as possible while using as few resources as possible. If every battle was a fight for survival it would get repetitive really quickly.

Also P5's dungeons are like five generations ahead of 4's. It's such a massive improvement that it's hard to believe.

I should really finish it some time...

Lentic

Oct 27, 2017
That 10 year anniversary podcast was legitimately one of the best things they've ever put out.

Also makes me really wistful for Silly Jeff. You just don't ever get stuff like that drobot bit ever since Ryan passed and Vinny moved.
Yeah, I miss that too. I forget how pre-2015 GB was very self destructive in general, which made for some good entertainment. He's seems in a better spot emotionally and physically these days though, so that's good.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
The RDR2 talk on Bombcast was so good. I love when Jeff talks about these serious issues. Looking forward to Vinny and Alex doing the same tomorrow.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017

Just started November in the game, so I'm nearing the end. I'm enjoying my time with a good chunk of it, but I can't fathom why people say this is one of the best games of last year.

The combat is the only good part of the game because the story is bad, the characters are bad, the writing is bad, the music is bad, and the S-Links are bad.

I guess the game looks pretty good tho.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Well lah-dee-dah, Mr. My Bandwidth Allows Me to Preload Games.
Apparently it takes something like 2 hours to install from the discs so I might still end up playing it before you lol.

Speaking of Bandwith.... I have decided to sign back up for TV cause it's 2018 y'all!

EBOX, my great ISP is offering an Internet TV Package that is not bad at all and it uses an AndroidTV Box so I'll go pick that up tonight.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Apparently it takes something like 2 hours to install from the discs so I might still end up playing it before you lol.

Speaking of Bandwith.... I have decided to sign back up for TV cause it's 2018 y'all!

EBOX, my great ISP is offering an Internet TV Package that is not bad at all and it uses an AndroidTV Box so I'll go pick that up tonight.
What are you even gonna watch?

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
This coma stuff makes me sad because this isn't how I wanted EGM to be remembered. They really went out with a whimper on that one.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
P5's combat is great precisely because it's so straightforward. It's a game of resource management, tasking you with getting as far as possible while using as few resources as possible. If every battle was a fight for survival it would get repetitive really quickly.

Also P5's dungeons are like five generations ahead of 4's. It's such a massive improvement that it's hard to believe.
I should really finish it some time...

Man, I don't know. I think I actually started enjoying everything a lot more once I got SP charms and I was able to actually complete dungeons in one day. The way they force you to advance days after going inside the metaverse is just so bad. Yeah, I understand that chunking 3/4ths or an entire palace isn't ideal for the pacing of the story, but I want to experience as much of the social link stuff as possible and I can't do that if I'm jacking off in the metaverse for weeks.

The combat is the only good part of the game because the story is bad, the characters are bad, the writing is bad, the music is bad, and the S-Links are bad.

I guess the game looks pretty good tho.
kawakami is bae tho tbh

also I would disagree with you on the music point but after hearing 'YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING' for at least the 300th time, I'm so fuckin tired of it.

Oh I forgot to say the dungeons are awful, overly long and full of tedious bullshit that is the opposite of fun.

Wzlm9xX.gif

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017

What.....? WHAT?!

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that Impressions video ended pretty abruptly. They must have effed up and not attached the late game impressions at all before uploading it, or rather, just uploaded the file they used for the first half.

vectorj

Oct 30, 2017
Hella you weren't kidding about this new Waypoint pod being better. Not that Rob and Patrick can't speak to labour issues at all, but you get Austin in there and you get a pointed, powerful discussion with suggestions for meaningful things you can do.

What pod we talking here? New episode of the waypoint cast?

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also that Doctor Who fella was really into Persona so it kinda ruined Persona for me too despite the fact I had bought Golden for the Vita before I met him

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

When Austin is on point he's just the best. There's no one better at putting the serious stuff in games into context

Status
Not open for further replies.