• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

faircure

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Day 5 ends, faircure, the Vanilla Townie, is eliminated and MAFIA WINS!
OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
W7Ijntb.gif

z0V1oRm.gif

KC2IPgd.gif

faircure, the Vanilla Townie, has been removed from the game.

Welcome to Gif Mafia: Blue Version!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here: <Link>

Please reply to this message to confirm you received it.

---

And with that, the Mafia team has trivially achieved majority!!

Blargonaut and nin, the Mafia Goons have won the game!

faircure

Oct 27, 2017
just woke up and oh my god did mafia team not kill some nights to make us believe we had a doctor

gg well deserved win :')

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of things I want to say about both games, but first, some guidelines for the discussion:

- There is criticism that can and should be raised wrt this game, but let's please leave that for the next few days, or maybe even a review thread by the end of our current Mafia season. I'm in a christmas mood and I want to be positive about things;
- Let's stop completely comparing Red and Blue games for being different. Each game had different players, different setups, and only one of them ended near Christmas when people are busy so it was obvious that they wouldn't happen in the same way. Creating a sense of elitism in our community, "my game was better than yours", is definitely not something I want to see happening.

---

Now that we are past that, some things I wanted to ask the players:

- Red and Blue players, did you enjoy this dynamic?
From the very beginning, all I wanted these games to be was entertaining. I didn't care if they were going to be competitive or anything else, as long as people had fun with it. So if that happened to you, I feel I achieved my goals.

- Would you like to play another game with the same dynamic? Maybe with different rules, phase length, or roster size?

Last edited:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Red and Blue players, did you enjoy this dynamic?
Yes! As I've said a few times already now, this was the most fun I've had playing a Mafia game so far.
Would you like to play another game with the same dynamic? Maybe with different rules, phase length, or roster size?
Yes! I definitely want to see another Gif Mafia in the future! Personally I do think it probably works best with an open setup, but I'd honestly sign up for anything like this again.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
y'all can start talking through text. pls don't be trapped in gif mode foreverrrr

ah, I asked the OM team to make the boards public there, but it's christmas don't expect that to happen, like, today

faircure

Oct 27, 2017
There are a lot of things I want to say about both games, but first, some guidelines for the discussion:

- There is criticism that can and should be raised wrt this game, but let's please leave that for the next few days, or maybe even a review thread by the end of our current Mafia season. I'm in a christmas mood and I want to be positive about things;
- Let's stop completely comparing Red and Blue games for being different. Each game had different players, different setup, and only one of them ended near Christmas when people are busy so it was obvious that they wouldn't happen in the same way. Creating a sense of elitism in our community, "my game was better than yours", is definitely not something I want to see happening.

---

Now that we are past that, some things I wanted to ask the players:

- Red and Blue players, did you enjoy this dynamic?
From the very beginning, all I wanted these games to be was entertaining. I didn't care if they were going to be competitive or anything else, as long as people had fun with it. So if that happened to you, I feel I achieved my goals.

- Would you like to play another game with the same dynamic? Maybe with different rules, phase length, or roster size?
yep, i had tons of fun! i got a little frustrated dealing with being on mobile a lot, having slow wifi, and such but that was just since i was traveling for the holidays.

i wouldn't mind changes, i think mostly i'd like a phase change to 48h since i don't feel like i had enough time some days for 24h :(