• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

Article

Even if you don't remember ever seeing a Gillette razor commercial, you've almost certainly heard or seen their iconic catchphrase, "The best a man can get."

The company flipped the script in a new advertisement that addresses the #MeToo movement and the role toxic masculinity plays in it, asking, "Is this the best a man can get?"

Naturally, this is not going well on Twitter:

What say you, Era?

Are you also hurt?!

Oct 30, 2017
imagine being offended by an ad that tells people to respect others and to set a good example for those who look up to you.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
When I first read the thread title I thought it meant that Gillette's was inspiring toxic masculinity.

I'm glad that it's the opposite.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
That's a fucking fantastic ad. And you'll be goddamned sure I'm proud to share the morals of Terry Crews than Piers fucking Morgan.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This ad cuts deeper than a razor with six blades.

That six-bladed razor does a great job cutting hair off my face though, so double kudos to Gillette.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Commercials have a good message but are heavy-handed. I think the goofy dolts are more likely to drop Gillette than my beard oil mafia is to start using Gillette based off of this commercial though.

Oct 30, 2017
I almost secretly wonder if Gillete has data that women in the household are most likely to be the one's to purchase razors for the husbands and sons. And thus it's an appeal to women. Mostly just joking. But they do know a decent sub-sect of alt right loons will be offended by this and will no longer buy razors to shave their neckbeards one time a year.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I literally cannot understand the negative response to that ad after watching it. Like what the fuck is wrong with people? God damn so many people are absolute cunts it seems. Pisses me off to see a positive ad like that get such a negative reception.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Damn....that is probaby the most important commercial I've seen in a long ass time. I'm not naive to think that the way conflicts being resolved in the commercial are realistic. But idk this should be mandatory viewing for every guy having a kid.

Laser Ramon

Oct 28, 2017
If you don't do the kind of shit they show in that ad, you have no reason to be upset over it. If you do, you deserve this stuff shoved in your face every day of your life.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Been using Gillette razors since I began shaving. Will continue to do so. Great ad.

Sober

Oct 25, 2017
Don't see anything wrong with the ad. If they want to make the world a better place, let the giant corporation try in its little way.

Can't wait for people to burn their razors on social media I guess and out themselves as right wing fools.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
86k downvotes....lol

Wow... but it's true, the negative folks are usually the most vocal.

I'm sure they all spread the word to everyone on their little hate forums.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
That title is confusing lol.

I think I've only ever used Gilette and this seems like a pretty good reason to continue on that trend...apart from the fact I like them.

nemoral

Oct 25, 2017
Fiddler's Green
Good commercial. As usual, the real outrage brigade is on the right, crying because someone suggested that treating people with respect and dignity was a good thing. Fuck 'em.