• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Negev is super niche considering her skill activates on reload and takes 3 procs to max out. I have yet to see a battle which could last that long.

LWMMG is a 2* with the stats of a 4* and a crazy OP burst skill. If you end up needing an MG there's no reason not to have her as a backup plan at least.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
Drop the MG for another AR and maybe the HG too for a third AR. 2SMG/3AR just works, especially since STAR15 and M4A1 are given to you.

MGs are pretty expensive to run and their tiles only apply to shotguns. I don't know the math but with a non-tanking HG you're trading a third damage dealer for party buffs and I don't know if it's worth it at the moment, at least with ARs.

For SMGs you want a main tank (like UMP sisters) and an off tank that helps with damage (Skorpion, Vector).

Interesting. My MG consistently is highest dmg so I figured I'd eventually be going more MG.

And I don't need a hg for non night battles?

qon

Oct 25, 2017
MG does high burst but it eats the most ammo resources so it's kinda hard to maintain starting out. You also want to finish fights quickly cause they take forever to reload.

You don't need HGs for day time AR/SMG team unless you value their tiles and buffs over another gun of another type, or just flat out don't have anything better. You should be using M4A1 to buff your other ARs.

Abylim

Oct 29, 2017
MG does high burst but it eats the most ammo resources so it's kinda hard to maintain starting out. You also want to finish fights quickly cause they take forever to reload.

You don't need HGs for day time AR/SMG team unless you value their tiles and buffs over another gun of another type, or just flat out don't have anything better. You should be using M4A1 to buff your other ARs.

Ok I'll swap my HG with M4a1 asap. I'll level up another good AR to replace my MG but ammo isn't an issue atm. I'm sitting on 30k+ almost always. Which I'm sure isn't a lot but it feels like it lol

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
If you're ever hurting for ammo...

Echo said:
I have over 80k ammo and it grows each day.

https://en.gfwiki.com/wiki/Logistic_Support#Analysis
"The four most efficient missions for ammunition are 5-2, 3-3, 4-1, and 0-1, which together generate 841.67 ammunition per hour, for a maximum of 20,200 ammunition per day."

Obviously I can't be playing 24/7, so my per day take is actually closer to 8-16k (don't forget that "Great Success" will increase your amount further). Still, I only chew through about 3-6k in a day, and get bolstered further by completiing dailies and weeklies and such. No matter how you slice it though I am always taking in more ammo than losing, so personally I don't worry about ammo use. :p

Currently I'm sitting on 225k Ammo lol. I've heard the resources cap at 300k, guess I'll find out soon. ;p

qon

Oct 25, 2017
1530300115179.gif

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
Regarding the upcoming summer event (spoiler tagged for those who don't want to know):
It will probably be Operation Cube+ and composed of two chapters, with 4 stages in each chapter. You need to clear each stage multiple times before moving on to the next, except 1-1.

I have only cleared chapter 1 so far (events will be added to the base game permanently after a certain period of time). All four stages are night missions. Prepare at least three echelons which are reasonably powerful, with units using AP ammos.

The map is huge. You are going to play hide-and-seek with the boss so I recommend having at least 3 echelons searching for her.
OK, fuck that shit. Keep the point events coming Mica, lol

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Type-100 looks really cool. Incorporating sakura to her design was smart, love the skirt for example.
===========

KSG the sole 5* SG for En ver. for a bit.

She also looks really cool, but the 5* SG I really want is Saiga. I will probably roll a bunch anyway!

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Can anyone tell me what it means when it says in a quest "armored machine type units"? which type is that? I thought it was the ones with the metal helmets but apparently not?

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
Armored units are only found in night battles and are the yellow armored units that are resistant to normal attacks. You'll need high firepower or armor piercing rounds to fight them.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
Sora just posted a walkthrough for Cube. It doesn't seem SO bad apart from the final boss.

I guess that's not too hard, I got the echelon's to handle it, but boy does it not look fun.

As an aside I did the stats breakdown and it seems like mid-tier and high tier heavy construction are completely useless. Well maybe not completely if you desperately want to save manpower/ammo/ration/parts, but those are easy to farm so no one should be that desperate. Everyone was kind of already saying this so I won't give a full number break down, but suffice to say even if you have every 3* like me, moving to a higher tier construction to take them out of the pool isn't worth it, because you have a better chance at getting what you want by doing the cheaper construction more times.

Possibly more interesting, is if you aren't looking for a shotgun, then don't wait for heavy construction. Doing a normal construction for say, an MG 10 times, would cost as many contracts (and this time it would also cost the same number of resources) as a heavy construction and give you a better chance at whatever 4 or 5* you're shooting for. Up until recently I was doing a lot of rolls trying for PK, and I know some other people were shooting for MG5 or one unit or another, basically if that unit you want isn't an SG, stick to regular construction. Of course I want SGs even more than PK so I'll do at least 10 heavy constructions, but after that I wouldn't do more than 1 a week and wait for those 5* rate ups I keep hearing are coming.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The only thing I'm really worried about is T-doll contracts. I have maybe 95?

Equipment contracts: 400+
Cores: 203

I suspect I'll have to whale on T-doll contracts just a bit when going for an SG.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
I got like 250 T-doll contracts, and that's after spending way too many trying to make MGs. I honestly don't know where they came from, because I never prioritize them when I'm picking logistic missions.

200 cores sounds insane to me though, both because it would take forever to get that many, but also there's so many good guns I have begging for dummy links, no way I would hold on to that many. Are you saving them for a doll you don't have or what?

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Japanese exam is done! Now I can commit my free time to gaming again!

I never have over 100 cores. Maybe I should try to grind a bit to prepare for summer.

Edit: New pre-register goal at 200k for JP version... I am jealous.

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
The reason I always have so many cores is my dang "wrong" luck lol.

I get tons of 4* and 5*, just tons. Duplicates for days. So I end up being able to dummy link for free, save cores, and when I have enough to 5X for free I start to retire the dupes.

It's very annoying. Some would say it's a good problem to have, but it's very frustrating to constantly have the luck to pull high level things yet never the one you specifically want.

ENFIELD NEVER EVER GODAMNIT. >_<

aSqueakyLime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England
I've never got anywhere close to being in core hell, constantly have 150+, though T-Doll contract hell is real for me. I'm at like 37 rn after trying for so long to get Welrod.

Also running low on quick productions, which are kinda a pain to farm because logistics don't have many options for them.

spiritfox

Oct 26, 2017
I have a lot of dolls I still want to dummy and a bunch of cores, but I'm just sitting on them cause I know if I spend them all I'll be in core hell lol.

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
I've never got anywhere close to being in core hell, constantly have 150+, though T-Doll contract hell is real for me. I'm at like 37 rn after trying for so long to get Welrod.

Also running low on quick productions, which are kinda a pain to farm because logistics don't have many options for them.
You probably know this, between logistics 0-1, 3-3, 4-2, and 6-2 you can make a lot of production and repair tickets (>1 per hour at least). they're also not the best but still decent for resources that aren't manpower.

OP
OP
Einbroch

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY CRAP

I just did a MG recipe for fun.

I can't believe what I got!!!!

idw da fuckyou

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
Has anyone done any grinding in chapter 6? I only started doing it recently and haven't kept track of any numbers, but I always felt like I never got that many cores from 0-2, but in 6-6 it feels like 3* drop left and right.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Since everyone was doing it, I did 3x of the 6/6/1/4 previously mentioned and got the following.

PPsh-41, LWMMG, Thompson.

At least I got 5 cores out of it. (Already have Thompson at 5X) Another fine demonstration of wrong luck lol.

Deleted member 9746

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone done any grinding in chapter 6? I only started doing it recently and haven't kept track of any numbers, but I always felt like I never got that many cores from 0-2, but in 6-6 it feels like 3* drop left and right.
Really? I get 3* all the time in 0-2. Once I got three 3* in one run then two right after.

HOLY CRAP

I just did a MG recipe for fun.

I can't believe what I got!!!!

idw da fuckyou
qjnx1ksi9a711.png

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Well played qon, well played.

Enjoy these units. :)

One thing that makes me sad is I quite like the artwork for Bren, yet she is possibly one of the worst MG's. -_-

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got M1891 and compose my first RF team! Now she and her sister (M91/38) will stay together forever.

So happy. I am going to sleep well tonight.