• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get the 1Password Safari extension.

A site I'm already logged in is asking me to verify myself again by entering my password so I can update some account settings.

iOS displays my credentials in this bar above the keyboard. Tapping it inserts them correctly. That's what I used to so so far.

But when I tap the 1PW icon in the password field instead, the only option is to create and insert a new randomly created password.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I don't get the 1Password Safari extension.

A site I'm already logged in is asking me to verify myself again by entering my password so I can update some account settings.

iOS displays my credentials in this bar above the keyboard. Tapping it inserts them correctly. That's what I used to so so far.

But when I tap the 1PW icon in the password field instead, the only option is to create and insert a new randomly created password.
I've noticed it gets confused on some sites' account management pages. Especially if there are "new password" and "current password" fields.

Personally I'd open the extension through the AA button. It'll know what site you're on and have the credentials ready. You can try autofilling them (but that might fill the "new password" field if there is one) or just copy to clipboard. I can't remember the last time I had to do this but it's the most reliable method.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
I've noticed it gets confused on some sites' account management pages. Especially if there are "new password" and "current password" fields.

Personally I'd open the extension through the AA button. It'll know what site you're on and have the credentials ready. You can try autofilling them (but that might fill the "new password" field if there is one) or just copy to clipboard. I can't remember the last time I had to do this but it's the most reliable method.

Using the icon in the Aa menu showed me three items: The correct one, an ancient generated password for that site which I must have forgotten to delete, and the item with my real name which 1PW created when I bought it or something.

I'll just keep using the password bar above the keyboard. I don't have any patience to deal with wonkyness like this.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Using the icon in the Aa menu showed me three items: The correct one, an ancient generated password for that site which I must have forgotten to delete, and the item with my real name which 1PW created when I bought it or something.
Yep that's correct behaviour. The item with your name is there for autofilling forms and is always displayed. The other two were for the current site.

I always use the keyboard bar anyway. Seems way more convenient than that tiny 1PW icon in the text field.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of other issues I am facing (Not sure if iOS 15 issue or new 13 promax issue)

- When I am on a facetime audio call and hold the phone to my face, the proximity sensor does not switch off the screen.

- When I am on a facetime audio call/phone call over my car hands free system and I switch off the car/disconnect from bluetooth, the music/podcast app starts playing while I am still on the phone -_-

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
Hmm… kinda annoying I can't seem to delete Gmail emails via notifications from the Lock Screen anymore

Slack also isn't using the right notification noise. Just uses the default one now, instead of Slack's own noise

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Man the iPadOS update is really not gelling with me. I used to very often have Safari on split view with Resetera on the smallest size and a video or something on the rest of the screen. But now when you do that it looks like it attempts to render the desktop version of Resetera and nothing is readable. Very frustrating.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having issues with the outlook app in iOS15? Doesn't seem to be giving me notifications/auto-refreshing.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know this isn't specifically an iOS15 thing as it started happening before the update, but what is the deal with embedded youtube videos playing at the slightest tap in safari? Has no one else noticed and if so can it be changed?

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
I know this isn't specifically an iOS15 thing as it started happening before the update, but what is the deal with embedded youtube videos playing at the slightest tap in safari? Has no one else noticed and if so can it be changed?
This started happening to me a lot here too. I half think it started before the update though, so maybe YouTube changed something to make them just activate more easily. I honestly wish YT embeds could just be disabled here, between that and all the ones that don't work anyway.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
God I hate the way YouTube videos play automatically. Like it makes me not want to browse the site anymore.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
The bottom tab bar on Safari iOS has really grown on me, but for some reason it refuses to populate the start page with my frequently visited sites. That works on macOS with Safari 15, and I have iCloud syncing of the start page turned on (which also works, since active tabs are synced) but I cannot get the start page on my phone to show any frequent visits - just favourites, active tabs, and "shared with you".

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
My 11 Pro has been having random glitches. Kind of annoying. Screen stops responding, screen doesn't turn back on when I move the phone off my face during a call, and others. Are other people also having screen bugs?

RockAction

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked before or the answer is obvious but is anyone else having problems (and solutions) with sending live photos with the Bounce or Loop animation in WhatsApp?

Works ok sending on iMessage and I can save to Files then save back into Photos and then send it...

But for some reason either within WhatsApp or from Photos I can't send animations, it just says "this item cannot be shared. Please select a different item"

Thanks

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh the info section for photos does a decent job with plants.

Also did the same recognition for a couple of landscapes in my photos!

Image.png

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
The bottom tab bar on Safari iOS has really grown on me, but for some reason it refuses to populate the start page with my frequently visited sites. That works on macOS with Safari 15, and I have iCloud syncing of the start page turned on (which also works, since active tabs are synced) but I cannot get the start page on my phone to show any frequent visits - just favourites, active tabs, and "shared with you".

Same issue for me on my XR.

mrchad

Oct 27, 2017
Noooooo. Never been a problem before. Guess I need to be more careful.

I think you used to have to touch a specific play button in the center of the thumbnail before. Now it seems like a touch anywhere in the preview panel triggers a play, which means casual scrolling is more likely to activate the video.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
On Android I'm used to using a browser with a constant dark mode. Since Safari now supports extensions, I downloaded one of these. Is this a normal warning or is it better not to use such extensions? Is it safe?
It's a normal warning. It's safe if you trust Apple's review process, which... well. the jury is out. But you're likely fine.

I've installed three extensions with that warning.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Definitely not putting this on the 6S I'm using currently but excited to try it out eventually.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
Add X to the notification summary???
Add Y to the notification summary???
Add Z to the notification summary???

If I wanted those apps to be included in the summary, I would have included them, so how about you kindly fuck off?

Does it ever stop asking? Cause I'm about to turn this shit off.

Also, fuck every developer whose dialogues only have a "Not now" option but no "No" option.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
anyone else notice the keyboard getting stuck (can't get rid of it) when typing posts on here? I don't notice it anywhere else.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
God I hate the way YouTube videos play automatically. Like it makes me not want to browse the site anymore.
The issue is this:

If the screen is at a dead stop and you put your finger on an embedded YouTube clip when you start scrolling the screen, the clip will play. This did not happen prior to iOS 15.

I've only noticed this on my iPhone though. Doesn't happen on my iPad.

edit: Or rather, I didn't notice it before iOS 15. Seems like it was a thing beforehand.

Last edited:

Presskohle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I didn't test 15.0.1 yet, but on my Mini 12, iOS completely "forgets" my last audio playback near instantly (like ~2min.). Hitting play on my headphones does nothing, the audio playback in the control center is just empty. I need to open (for example) the podcast app and resume my playback there.

Extremely annoying.

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is this:

If the screen is at a dead stop and you put your finger on an embedded YouTube clip when you start scrolling the screen, the clip will play. This did not happen prior to iOS 15.

I've only noticed this on my iPhone though. Doesn't happen on my iPad.
for what it's worth this started happening prior to ios15 for me. it's probably some fuckery on youtube's behalf.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
I've configured my phone to always show the content of notifications, even when the phone is locked. Of course, the notification summary doesn't respect this setting and prompts me to unlock the phone instead. 🙄

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
What I've always wanted and feels so close but still not an option:

When dragging icons around, dragging it to the dots bar opens all the pages and let's you drag to one and open it up to drop on, like how it works with dragging to folders. Having an app icon on the final page and wanting to get it to one of the first ones still feels bad for people with a ton of pages.

the_bromo_tachi

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Japan
Is this how focus mode supposed to work?

Say I have a scheduled mode that starts at 8am every weekday. However, today, I used a different mode that turns off all notifications before my scheduled one. Yet, the scheduled one took over…and notifications started coming my way. If a focus mode is already on, why did the scheduled one kick in?

I was kinda annoyed by this as I got a bunch of notifications during a meeting…

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone having issues with Chrome? I notice that when you try copying an image, it's copying the URL for some reason.

Singh

Oct 26, 2017
Is anyone having issues with excessive data use? I refresh a page on Resetera and mobile data use increases by 2mb….. I turned off private relay and I am still getting the same issue. Just to add some context, I barely use 1gb a month, but just for today I am sitting on 220mb used.
(To add some extra info - I received a text from my mobile operator saying I had used 80% of my monthly data, I have never previously ran into this, to me this seems iOS15 related….)