• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Snack12367

Oct 28, 2017
Is this a spoof? I honestly cannot tell. I'm posting this from my mobile, so you may have to wait for more detail.

TLDR: Atheist is befriended by an account on FB called God. Spiritual awakening ensues...

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
*God was at Earth - 38 minutes ago*
"Haven't been here in a few thousand years and honestly it kinda sux. Want to go back 2 heaven STAT lol"

*God shared The Constitutional Conservative's post - 12 minutes ago*
"Literally gave these people the will to do anything in life and they chose the Bible and guns. Fantastic. Glad to see you guys using up all your my-given potential /s"

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a movie we need Lionel Mandrake to watch for us?
TV series

*God was at Earth - 38 minutes ago*
"Haven't been here in a few thousand years and honestly it kinda sux. Want to go back 2 heaven STAT lol"

*God shared The Constitutional Conservative's post - 12 minutes ago*
"Literally gave these people the will to do anything in life and they chose the Bible and guns. Fantastic. Glad to see you guys using up all your my-given potential /s"

If they inserted stuff like this in there I might be more inclined to watch but I don't think there is any new show on CBS that I'm willing to check out

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't they already do something like this on ABC? And it's canned now?

Better chance on CBS I guess.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly feel like the team who wrote this shit are looking to score an easy win at the box office, hahaha. Christ.

Wait is this a series? Holy shit.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
I would think God wouldn't be that insecure but then you remember what he let Satan do to Job just to show Satan that people love him.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The John guy is obviously fake "God". He's just making use of the protagonist to go after the female protagonist.

And this is a series???

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man... I had to turn it off the moment the "Video Game enthusiast" lived a double life as a "Hacker" that he keeps on the down low...

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Why do trailers for new TV shows show literally the entire pilot abbreviated? Not that I'm complaining in this case. It's actually a plus here, but still.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
*God - 12 minutes ago*
I'M GAY

*God - 9 minutes ago*
Left my FB logged in again and Jesus got my phone SMH

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't compare to God Cop.

83fc4e4c7d08b3ad825dc0f4bd2e6d67--season--plaza.jpg

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
As a Christian myself, I really can't tell if they're getting better or worse at making films.

I also couldn't tell for the majority of that 6 minutes if this was real or some kind of parody making fun of Christian "filmmaking" (if you can even call it that).

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume this ends w/ God having a seat w/ Chris Hansen, since he's trillions of years old and trying to pick up much younger men on the internet.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting idea but I can't gauge a tone from this. Is it trying to go Bruce Almighty or Miracles from Heaven or somewhere in between? Assuming closer to Bruce Almighty bu then the comedy's falling a little flat.

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A few things:
  1. Looks more like a crappy movie, than a show.
  2. A 6 minute trailer? And I sat through all of it? What's wrong with me?!?
  3. Half part cringy, half part preachy. Has canceled written all over it before it even starts.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
I could only watch abiut a minute but lmaooooo

I gotta watch more of this later.

This is a parody right?

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lol it even has the tragic atheist backstory that their mom died and that's why they don't believe anymore.

God's Not Dead is back!

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I can enjoy stuff with a religious or spiritual bent, but this just looks objectively bad. "Yes, it's strange that I'm an atheist, because, as you know, my father is a reverend," and "I became an atheist because the lyrics to Blasphemous Rumours happened to my mom in real life." Jeesh.

Also, is it true that no one uses Tinder anymore? I'm married and have no clue. I still thought it was a thing?