• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Media.Vision has not worked on a Shining game since the release of Resonance on PS3 in 2014. They had a steady release schedule up till March 2018 when it stopped. Since April 2018 they expanded staff to 132 people.

Since July 2018 they were looking for a in-house character designer who can properly draw people. They are looking for someone who has various tastes of illustration production experience. In other words they are not interested in manga/anime artists who can barely draw people. Manga/anime is fantasy art style.

Wild Arms series director, Nobukazu Satoh, is president of Media.Vision today. Tetsuya Okubo has basically taking over his role in game development when other collegues practiced on smaller projects as directors like Summon Night 6, Valkyria Revolution, Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Hacker's Memory and VC4.

It was already in the plans back in 2010 they had to go global in the future when the time is right. PS3/PSP era wasn't the right time, neither was PS4 era.

There is a reason why Sega went to O-Two inc to remaster Resonance. It's getting more important for companies to start think of their in-house talent over outsourcing. Capcom has built that up over the years. Square Enix seems to go in the same path recently. Sega is not shy with improving Sonic Team's quality with assistance from Ryu ga Gotoku Studio on New Sakura Wars.

But if they bring back Shining someday Sega's new president realize it has to be made in-house with a new character designer to reach quality.
This is the 'Battlefield RPG remake' thing I'm talking about. Would link the original hiring post, but it seems to be down, and this tweet has a screenshot of it anyway:

Three there is almost definitely Hacker's Memory, while one is probably the bigger Cyber Sleuth RPG that we know is in development / or was VC4.

Henrik

Jan 3, 2018
This is the 'Battlefield RPG remake' thing I'm talking about. Would link the original hiring post, but it seems to be down, and this tweet has a screenshot of it anyway:

Three there is almost definitely Hacker's Memory, while one is probably the bigger Cyber Sleuth RPG that we know is in development / or was VC4.

It is mistranslated from the source. It didn't said "Battlefield RPG remake", it was "continuation of a battlefield RPG series for PS4". Which is true, it was Valkyria Chronicles 4 developed for PS4 by Media.Vision. Ported to other platforms by Sega.

What titles they have developed:

The first one didn't say fantasy long-seller for PS4. It was "a fresh take on a series for PS4"

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all in on an HD collection, especially if the emulation was QUALITY, which means I only trust M2 to do it.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It is mistranslated from the source. It didn't said "Battlefield RPG remake", it was "continuation of a battlefield RPG series for PS4". Which is true, it was Valkyria Chronicles 4 developed for PS4 by Media.Vision. Ported to other platforms by Sega.

What titles they have developed:

The first one didn't say fantasy long-seller for PS4. It was "a fresh take on a series for PS4"
Huh? You're looking at a completely different thing.