• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
3005158.jpg

The comic that bridges the gap between God of War III and God of War 2018 was supposed to come out last year but like many things was delayed thanks to COVID. Dark Horses website has recently updated with issue 1 seemingly set for March now.

God of War: Fallen God #1 :: Profile :: Dark Horse Comics

Can a man ever be free of his past? Can the tides of time ever wash away the bloody sands of sin? Or do transpired trespasses permanently an ...

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can a man ever be free of his past? Can the tides of time ever wash away the bloody sands of sin? Or do transpired trespasses permanently and inescapably stain one's soul?
After conquering Zeus and thwarting Athena, Kratos believes himself to be finally free from his bondage. He sets sail for the desert in an attempt to distance himself from his home and his shame only to find his rage and guilt follow close behind. Kratos rages against the one foe that has proven to be unconquerable--himself. But a war against oneself is unwinnable, and only invites madness.
* An all-new tale, set between the events of God of War III and God of War (2018)!

I'd have loved a Lost Legacy/Miles Morales type of game that covered this period.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
YOOO!!

I still need to get the other GoW comic that released with the game.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Timing is bizarre, why not do this before the 2018 game.
Because not everything needs to be spelled out. The game had very nice sense of mystery, with pieces of the past slowly unearthed throughout the campaign. This also gave them the chance to have clean narrative break, to enable brand new players to have smooth entry point without the need to hunt for some random comic.

BTW, I think that everything that happens in this comic will be set in the age before Kratos arrived to Nordic lands.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Netflix can pick up this as a series similar to Castlevania and Blood of Zeus.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm just right now finishing up the Valkyries in the 2018 game, can't wait for this and marketing campaign for the sequel to kick-off. C'mon Sony, hit us with that new State of Play!

Ocirus

Dec 4, 2017
As a huge fan of the first trilogy, I wanted this story in a game. Very disappointed.
I'm pretty confident we'll still get the major beats at some point in-game, but I'm guessing they had some in-depth story ideas that just felt too long and would stall the game. I can't imagine they just won't acknowledge how he got to the Norse mythology in-game when the story will exist elsewhere. Not explaining it in the 2018 game was fine - even mysterious - but it's time to explain.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
kinda convenient that the 2018 game just sidestepped the hard part of turning kratos into a better person. it's just "here he is"

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Because not everything needs to be spelled out. The game had very nice sense of mystery, with pieces of the past slowly unearthed throughout the campaign. This also gave them the chance to have clean narrative break, to enable brand new players to have smooth entry point without the need to hunt for some random comic.

BTW, I think that everything that happens in this comic will be set in the age before Kratos arrived to Nordic lands.
Your first point is an argument for not having this at all. Which I get, but personally I thought the omission of any explanation whatsoever in the game for how Kratos came to be in Norseland was a bit egregious.

For your second point, I doubt new players would even be aware of the comic, let alone feel it's compulsory reading.

For your last one, the cover suggests that at least some of it will be in Norseland, but I agree most will be in Greece.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020

Yes. One of the biggest selling points for the game (for me at least) was "what happened between GoW 3 and 2018?", so a comic explaining this releasing before GoW 2018 would hurt the sense of mystery.

About the comic: can't wait! I need to read the other ones too though.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Was hoping it would be covered in game. But this is something I guess.

Will watch a video summary whenever it comes out.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
IMO, this will cover just Kratos getting the blades and chains of his hands. All before his rival to the land of Nordic gods.