• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RocknRola

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Source (in Portuguese):
https://pplware.sapo.pt/jogos/kratos-e-atreus-de-visita-ao-dragao/

Video:

In short, Sony Portugal are teaming up with FC Porto to celebrate Fathers Day here in Portugal (though, the actual day is only on the 19th).

The reasons being that a) this will reach a lot of people (not only in the stadium, but at home too I'm guessing) , b) thematically, the story of Dad Kratos and Atreus fits with the whole Fathers Day thing and c) FC Porto have been going strong on the internal marketing front, thus they likely become a prime candidate for this (and other similar events).

As to what exactly the celebration will be, who knows, could just a be a fancy trailer projected onto the field (like that NBA game some time ago) or it could be something else entirely. Tomorrow will tell!

---

Man Sony is going all in with the marketing! Niice! Never seen them going at it this agressively, at least not here. Hope all this effort pays off for them :D

Last edited:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Football makes sense as a name for soccer. It does NOT make sense as a name for American football. They only kick the ball occasionally. It's stupid.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Football makes sense as a name for soccer. It does NOT make sense as a name for American football. They only kick the ball occasionally. It's stupid.
Soccer is just a short form of "Association Football" so it's football either way.

But since we no longer have to differentiate between Association Football and Rugby Football, "soccer" is not needed.

So, Football it is.

MR ARCADE

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Football makes sense for both sports or any other sport that uses your feet, if it was called kickball then amerkcan football would not make any sense

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Don't those derbys usually get a little violent?
giphy.gif

MR ARCADE

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Trying to demerit the sport because it's not violent or thiugh like yours is a poor way to compare two completely different sports. It would be like saying that basketball sucks because of the way any contact is a foul

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to demerit the sport because it's not violent or thiugh like yours is a poor way to compare two completely different sports. It would be like saying that basketball sucks because of the way any contact is a foul
It wasn't meant that way. Angie22 showed a normal foul, not even remotely violent.
So I said she should watch more Football...not that other crap that doesn't deserve to be called Football. :P

MR ARCADE

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It wasn't meant that way. Angie22 showed a normal foul, not even remotely violent.
So I said she should watch more Football...not that other crap that doesn't deserve to be called Football. :P
Both sports are named incorrectly. One should be called kickball and the other throwball. In regards to viokence ironically I saw a statistisc that soccer has more concussions than afootbaal

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, Football is absolutely correct. You play constantly with your foot and playing with your hand is in any circumstance forbidden. That's the closest you get to a sport that deserves to be called Football.

You do understand the thing they play with is called a football? The thing you play with in basketball is called a ball?

KrigareN-

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
I saw so many merchandise of this game in Best Buy. They're really pushing this, which is good.