• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Lol I just loaded the game and kratos was shirtless before his armor loaded in haha.

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting to focus a bit more on the main story on my second playthrough. Turns out that shiny over there is still really shiny, and I'm doing every quest again.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I just finished that fight with the guy covered in tattoos and holy shit, I know this is an overreaction, but wow this game is amazing so far.

eleuin

Oct 25, 2017
Last valkyrie wasn't too bad. Can't runic spam her like the rest but treat it like dark souls boss and it went by quick. Lots of leniency with her attacks and it becomes a pushover if you use the berserker resurrection stone. Good game 9.5/10

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Just beat Sigrun.
Next step it the platinum.
I am just missing 5 artifacts and a bunch of odins ravens.
Any tips on how to find the ones I am missing?

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Just left
Alfheim
. I feel like i've played 20 hours already and i'm still in the first half of the game.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Sigrun.

Powerpyx has a collectibles guide on youtube for each area in the game if you want to know exactly where the ravens and artifacts are. There's no easy way to tell which ones you didn't pick up already, you'll just have to try and remember or run through each spot again.

Oct 25, 2017
Said I wasn't going to bother with the Platinum.

c5r3Qb8.jpg

How could I not? Cory and SSM put so much work into this game. The least I could do was get the Plat, haha.

Bravo guys. Beautiful game. Honestly, feels like the start of a brand new franchise funnily enough.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Make a manual save, you get 10 manual slots, just load up your game make a manual save then when you want to resume your game you can load it up. If he wants he can make his own manual save before he finishes playing so if he wanted he can continue where he left off, shouldn't be a problem. I have a a few manual save slots from various parts in the game which I can load and continue from.

Edit: As said below your autosaves would be gone though which is why I said make a manual slot, but to be real safe he could just create a new profile on the system.

1.21Gigawatts

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Munich
Powerpyx has a collectibles guide on youtube for each area in the game if you want to know exactly where the ravens and artifacts are. There's no easy way to tell which ones you didn't pick up already, you'll just have to try and remember or run through each spot again.
Yep, I guess I will use one of those guides.
Luckily all the artifacts I missed are in Helheim.
But finding all the missing ravens on my own would take ages.

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Make a manual save, you get 10 manual slots, just load up your game make a manual save then when you want to resume your game you can load it up. If he wants he can make his own manual save before he finishes playing so if he wanted he can continue where he left off, shouldn't be a problem. I have a a few manual save slots from various parts in the game which I can load and continue from.

Edit: As said below your autosaves would be gone though which is why I said make a manual slot, but to be real safe he could just create a new profile on the system.

Just get him to start a new PS4 profile. Pretty simple if you are scared.

Have you manually saved at all? This game has auto and manual save. If he started a new game, your autosave would get busted I think.

Easiest way would just have him make a profile on the PS4. He can just skip the psn stuff when making it. Profiles have separates saves

Edit: oops already answered

I really appreciate the replies guys! Sunhi speaks!?! Yeah I've been manually saving every time I shut down so wherever I left off is equal or around the auto save.
He should be able to create his own manual save and stick to just that. Heck he should be able to own the "continue" for the weekend as I'm comfortable with my last manual save.

everyer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So I'm closing in on finishing the game. I can see I have 2 storyline Trophies left to earn.

I can fully say this game started Hella strong, but playing with it over 2 weeks at a nice brisk pace, this game is a solid 9

I don't see it is a 10/10 title. If the ending wows me might bump up to 9.5 but I had to take a point off for certain things

1 thing I didn't like throughout was the "Your Princess is in another Castle" of making you venture throughout the lands and always be like well yeah, didn't know we needed that, to do that, which should do this, but not that, but oh yeah later on we needed this to do that

I would liked more cohesiveness on the story having a flow. Things come and go, doesn't feel natural to me story wise. Like Thor's 2 sons you would think be the middle part of the antogonism of the story, they're just dropped in, then just dropped out

Same goes with the Stranger, like the story isn't more telling on why the gods in this realm are the way they are, just plot points, not true antogonizers

I should hate them, there's a reason why you detest Ares by the end of the original and why by 3 you just want to fuck up Zeus to finish the fight overall.

The world building is amazing, environments and just the feel of the world makes you realize it's a living breathing world, not just screensavers

I didn't like Muselpheim and Nefilheim to be routed into such ways and position 2 worlds into challenges

Hel was way too Hades/Underworld recycled to me. I was like I swear to God if they have a rotating pillar with spikes I have to climb, I'm gonna groan so hard. Maybe it was the color but the hue really felt off

I get going for dreary, just didn't look well against the characters

1 strong thing about the whole game that I do commend was the Kratos and Atreus relationship

Before when the game was shown and its trailers, there was always that Press X to Jason thing lingering in my head. Thank fuck it never came up.

This maybe a long diatribe, but it's my personal experience while playing this game.

The game is truly about a father and son adventure which leads to a connection of male bonding. Ive played countless games, but this game really gave me a new understanding on Fatherhood. Now this may sound superficial or stroking ones ego, but it's the gods honest truth.

I play my games as that I want to be in them. I put myself into the world, the choices I make, the overall feeling of being enveloped by it. Just reality bleeding away and me going into this virtual world and just enjoy what's presented.

My dad died in 1995, I was 15. He was very Religious (Islam), but a moderate on other things. So my callback to memories of him were not the very fondest. All the bad stuff that he did via physical abuse via religious learnings and societal upbringing, really did have a strained relationship with me.

So the image of him was never a true positive out look. A stern devout man, who loved his family, but never showed it.

Playing Kratos and seeing all the actions of Atreus made me look back into my inner self. Like yeah if I was Atreus, I would rebel, no caution, pure rage, etc.

Then I had the endearment of my father in my head through other memories I had pushed away. Like from photos him holding me, kissing me. Home video of me being bear hugged by him and tiling his friends on camera he's proud of me and I'm growing up before his eyes. Like you were at my knees once and now we see eye to eye. The same journey Kratos and Atreus are having in their word, us reflecting back to me with my dad. Like you can see the angst and frustration Kratos has with Atreus at times, but it's always to better but also see him progress further than when the journey started

I have to admit not many games could bring that much of emotion and thought out of me like this game did. As I lay on be here typing out this personal experience, I wonder what my life would be like with my father alive. Would my life with him be as how Kratos and Atreus will continue going forward or would have I drifted apart and went on my own.

I know this much, corybarlog did one hell of a job keeping a great dad and son dynamic going strong from starting point to end point. It does make me miss my dad and relive the good times and wash away the resentment I have kept inside, of all the negativity as a barrier not to revisit. Maybe this game was needed for me to reconnect back to something I lost 20+ years ago and it took a game to make me appreciate Fatherhood. Might not have kids of my own, but I do know what a dad goes through.

My father died when I was 20... Luckily we still have someone to share our happiness and sadness. And enjoy the game together. ^_^

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
But the nearest gateway is Brok's Shop?
The elevator thing is stuck after Atreus lodged his knife in it so you can't do back down normally. Is there something I am missing?
There's a sand-bowl at the middle of the lake. You can use it and go down, its an elevator

Ciphyde

Nov 22, 2017
Just got the platinum. Had to - only get plats for games that I truly love.
I appreciate the no cut thing - but collecting everything and doing a lot of the labors- I reallyyyyy wish there was a fast travel system. Hopefully in the next game you get the ability to somehow/magically build your own mystic gateway whenever you want, still maintaining no-cut while giving us fast travel.

Im still missing 2 mystic gateways, 1 or 2 ancient fights, and 1 legendary chest to get 100% on Midgard, not sure if Ill do it. Also for some reason I dont have Arena 5 in Helheim, weird.
Said I wasn't going to bother with the Platinum.

c5r3Qb8.jpg

How could I not? Cory and SSM put so much work into this game. The least I could do was get the Plat, haha.

Bravo guys. Beautiful game. Honestly, feels like the start of a brand new franchise funnily enough.
Nice, hi5!

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Sigrun.
I believe your choices are to tip toe around the various regions where you're missing them and keep your ears open for their all too subtle call, or you follow a guide.

Mubrik_

Dec 7, 2017
Just beat Sigrun.

Go searching yourself, you can highlight different areas on the map and it'll tell you how much stuff is there and what you missed. Note that there is always a raven in any hidden chamber of Odin.

Or just use YouTube. There's a channel that has a very good artifact and raven video. You'll be able to tell instantly by the amount of likes.

How can you tag users?
I just need corybarlog to know I/we need new game+ now.
I seriously don't feel like playing any other game.
Thanks guts

Last edited:

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
Go searching yourself, you can highlight different areas on the map and it'll tell you how much stuff is there and what you missed. Note that there is always a raven in any hidden chamber of Odin.

Or just use YouTube. There's a channel that has a very good artifact and raven video. You'll be able to tell instantly by the amount of likes.

How can you tag users?
I just need cory barlog to know I/we need new game+ now.
I seriously don't feel like playing any other game.
You just insert "@" followed by the username

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Mimir is such an hilarious addition to the already amusing dynamic between Kratos and Artreus. I'm really impressed with the voice work from the whole cast - the performances are not only emotionally resonating, but the comedic timing is also on point.

Deimo5

Oct 25, 2017
There's a sand-bowl at the middle of the lake. You can use it and go down, its an elevator

Sorry if I wasn't clear since I was talking about Tyr's Temple and you are talking about Alfheim here it seems. No problem anymore though since I was able to find the entrance from another guide video. That big red door on at the back and bottom level of the temple outdoors if anyone else was interested. Man, what a relief lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
So the issue I have with these games is my obsession with collecting everything and trying to 100% it. It actually makes these games somewhat less fun regardless of how brilliant the actual game and gameplay is. Case in point; BotW is amazing and ye5 I burnt out quickly because I tried to "methodically" clear each area before moving on.

With GoW I've decided to naturally explore the game and if i miss things, so be it. So my question is, can I go back and clear areas out once I've finished the main game/before the final boss?

Kolya

Jan 26, 2018
So the issue I have with these games is my obsession with collecting everything and trying to 100% it. It actually makes these games somewhat less fun regardless of how brilliant the actual game and gameplay is. Case in point; BotW is amazing and ye5 I burnt out quickly because I tried to "methodically" clear each area before moving on.

With GoW I've decided to naturally explore the game and if i miss things, so be it. So my question is, can I go back and clear areas out once I've finished the main game/before the final boss?

Yes.

Bethell

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone 100% this on Give me god of war difficulty? Dunno whether to start a second playthrough or just 100% it on Hard instead.