• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
EASY ALLIES

View: https://youtu.be/0deDkT53b3s

VGC

www.videogameschronicle.com

God of War Ragnarök’s first 5 hours suggest the sequel could be better in every way | VGC

Better combat, better looking and more expansive…

KINDA FUNNY GAMES

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhttPmy0r7Y

GAME INFORMER

www.gameinformer.com

God of War Ragnarök Preview - Spoiler-Free Impressions From The First Five Hours - Game Informer

The biggest question nobody wants the answer to about God of War Ragnarök yet is what happens next? This preview won't ruin that, but will let you know if you should be excited for the next chapter or not.

EUROGAMER

www.eurogamer.net

God of War Ragnarök feels like everything you'd expect - but is there more?

Our hands-on with the first few hours of God of War Ragnarök.

MINNMAX

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxBmbrsbh58&feature=emb_title

PRESS START AUSTRALIA

press-start.com.au

God Of War Ragnarok Hands-On Preview – More Of The Good Stuff

God Of War Ragnarok Hands-On Preview – More Of The Good Stuff

PUSH SQUARE

ACCESSIBILITY INTERVIEW WITH DEVS BY STEVE SAYLOR

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBrRNl5mydU

MP1ST

mp1st.com

God of War Ragnarok Hands-On Preview - Valley of the Giants

(MP1st) God of War Ragnarok Hands-On Preview: Check out how the core gameplay fares in this hands-on preview of the sequel.

ZWAME (in Portuguese)

jogos.zwame.pt

Antevisão a God of War Ragnarök

Damos um primeiro olhar às primeiras horas de God of War Ragnarok.

GAMESRADAR

www.gamesradar.com

God of War Ragnarok game director on the importance of the opening hours

And the evolving relationship between Kratos and Atreus

WELL-PLAYED AU

www.well-played.com.au

God of War Ragnarök Preview – Ragnarök ‘N’ Roll

God of War Ragnarök Preview

NEXUSHUB NZ

nexushub.co.za

God of War Ragnarok - First Impressions After 5 Hours | The Nexus

After 5 hours lost in the mystifying God of War Ragnarok, it's safe to say that this sequel is bigger, meaner and potentially more exciting.

NEXT GEN BASE

www.nextgenbase.com

God of War: Ragnarok - Early Impressions - Next Gen Base

Ragnarok is coming... We've got our hands on the game. Let's talk about it, right here! It's shaping up to be pretty special...

GAMEPUR

www.gamepur.com

God of War Ragnarok feels like the Terminator 2 of the series – Hands-on impressions preview

Kratos, Atreus, and Mimir shine in this blockbuster sequel.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Is there no new gameplay footage? The previews I saw so far didn't have any. :(

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Still don't know if I'll pick this up. I liked the original but not enough to ever go back to it.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
However, what I personally feel is the biggest improvement is the gore and dismemberment in Ragnarok. I felt that God of War 2018 made the idea of blood be a bit sacred, saving it for some key moments in the game. It made sense given that Kratos was trying to put his violent history behind him and raise his son, but I still missed it. Ragnarok see's a big return to carnage, as Kratos once again finds himself drenched in the blood of his enemies. ... And there are a large number of finishers you can pull off that all end in a pool of blood. It's not just from Kratos either, as Atreus will even do some tag team takedowns, gutting creatures alongside Kratos. Nothing screams more of a father and son activity than that.
mp1st.com

God of War Ragnarok Hands-On Preview - Valley of the Giants

(MP1st) God of War Ragnarok Hands-On Preview: Check out how the core gameplay fares in this hands-on preview of the sequel.

Let's hope the gore will also be shown in the way characters are killed off!

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
TLDR; after skimming through

It's good. Very good. Oh and gore is back.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I'm so hyped but at the same time so scared, lately the games I await the most like Elden Ring end up being disappointing, GOW is top 3 in my favorite games of all time so hope this one lives up to it

Graphics Modes for Ragnarok (4K/40FPS, 60FPS, 4K/30FPS and a 120FPS mode)

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
unknown.png

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Ohhh a HFR VRR mode, up to 120fps. Anyone know what average fps in that mode is?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
MORE GORE
MORE DISEMEMBREMENT
MORE ENEMIES
MORE VARIETY

I'm sorry Miyazaki, but they might have won once again.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Sounds great as expected. Im sure some of the familiarity mentioned will change once they introduce more elements later in the game.

Nice. Can you say how good does the 60fps mode look relative to the 30fps one? Is it around the same fidelity as the patched 2018 game on PS5?

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
Any mention of input latency tests???

EDIT: Or capping the Frame rate to 75-80 for smooth frame times when using VRR mode???

JordanMiddler

Journalist at VGC
Verified
Jul 15, 2021
Afternoon gamers, here's ours, we also answered some questions from folk in the PlayStation OT

www.youtube.com

We're playing God of War Ragnarok: The first five hours

God of War Ragnarok makes an incredible impression from the very beginning. There is so much crammed into these opening five hours it’s astonishing. There ar...
www.videogameschronicle.com

God of War Ragnarök’s first 5 hours suggest the sequel could be better in every way | VGC

Better combat, better looking and more expansive…

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda dont need to know anything. Loved the first one and doubt its gonna be worse.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Read that they put even more focus on the RPG stuff, stats and whatnot, don't know how to feel but thankfully I trust them

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
nexushub.co.za

God of War Ragnarok - First Impressions After 5 Hours | The Nexus

After 5 hours lost in the mystifying God of War Ragnarok, it's safe to say that this sequel is bigger, meaner and potentially more exciting.

In the first hour of God of War Ragnarok, I immediately knew that developer Sony Santa Monica Studio were aiming for something much grander, both in scope and ideas, than 2018's God of War. I went through what I can only describe as a fluctuating state of emotions, ranging from sheer excitement to unhinged panic, euphoria and deep sadness - and this was all just in that first hour. After a few more hours with the game, I feel confident to say that Ragnarok is turning out to be an expectedly brilliant sequel.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
4K 40fps bless those heroes

I cannot wait for this!!! Better in every way... lordy

shancake

Managing Editor ‑ Press Start
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds great as expected. Im sure some of the familiarity mentioned will change once they introduce more elements later in the game.

Nice. Can you say how good does the 60fps mode look relative to the 30fps one? Is it around the same fidelity as the patched 2018 game on PS5?

Unlike other games such as Horizon Forbidden West & Dying Light 2, there wasn't a massive graphical downgrade. It wasn't as crisp, but if you're wanting better frame rates, you won't be missing out on any shine.

Wolfman.JD

Nov 24, 2017
Curious to how the actual console handles this, looks like it could push the PS5 a lot more than other titles.