• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Mar 29, 2022
godofwarragnarok-1-740x431.jpeg

PSA that this is waiting confirmation by Sony

novicegamerguides.com

God of War Ragnarok PS5 Resolution and Frame Rate Detailed

God of War Ragnarok will go live for pre-order tomorrow July 15 and details around the PS5 resolution have been revealed through the Store promotional material.

God of War Ragnarok will go live for pre-order tomorrow July 15 and details around the PS5 resolution have been revealed through the Store promotional material.

UK Retailer ShopTo has started to send a promotional email for the pre-order of God of War Ragnarok and it contains some information on the PS5 features including 3D Audio.

Based on this information, it has been found that there will be two render modes in the game. One will allow the game to render at native 4K with 30 FPS performance. The other mode will allow the game to run at a dynamic 4K resolution with 60 FPS performance.

• Feel your journey through the Norse realms, made possible by immersive haptic feedback and adaptive trigger functionality.
  • Take advantage of multidirectional 3D Audio; hear enemies approaching from any direction.
  • Bask in the beautiful worlds you travel through, brought to life by precise art direction and arresting attention to detail.
  • Switch between full 4K resolution at a targeted 30 frames per second, or dynamic resolution upscaled to 4K at a targeted 60fps

secretanchitman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Excellent news - 60FPS is the way to go for me. Playing GoW 2018 with the 60FPS update was a night and day difference so glad to see it supported from the start.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
I still need to play through God of War for the first time.

Should I do it Era? Especially with Xenoblade 3 so close?

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And 6 months after release the 40FPS VRR option will be available

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Native 4K is definitely not the future of game rendering, but I guess it's because it's cross-gen that they're doing that. I hope that, despite having a native 4K mode, it will still have noticeable graphical upgrades over the PS4 version. HFW did a solid job making the PS5 version look better with the same graphics modes, so it's possible.

Hopefully as we leave the cross gen period we'll start seeing games that push the visuals a lot harder and focus on new upscaling techniques to give you sharpness instead of wasting power on native 4K.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Expected nothing less tbh. Just hope the 60fps mode image quality is crisp too

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so how low is dynamic gonna go, and what kind of rendering techniques are they using

Fawz

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Glad that they're offering a proper 60FPS mode at launch. Hope it's just the resolution that takes a hit and not actual graphical settings and that the framerate is fairly stable & locked

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish they had an unlock framerate for the full 4k/30fps option to future proof it on future hardware through BC.

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
Yes? I sure as hell hope that you don't plan to skip it and dive right into Ragnarok.
oh I don't plan to play Ragnarok without playing GoW first, just wondering when I should get it done considering I've got a few games coming out soon that I'm slightly more interested in and they're gonna be long games that will take me lots of time to finish because I don't have a lot of downtime to play games

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Let's also hope that everything is good day one and that it doesn't take multiple patches to get the framerate mode's IQ smoothed out like Forbidden West. In any case, pretty excited to play this. Considering a replay of the first game on story mode just to get reacquainted with it.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
GoW18 was very solid at 30fps, so I'll play that to max out the visuals and switch to 60fps when doing the post-game stuff and on replay.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
As expected, but great to hear. PS5 performance modes have been mostly fantastic.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
ALL I WANT IS THE DAMN RELEASE DATE

...which is Nov 9. =D