Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
this is how i feel too.
it's a crazy uphill battle imo.

the Clash of the Titans movies are kind of the bar for me visually which is definitely a major difference in budget

Think they'll definitely try to use the Unreal LED tech StarWars use. Some on location stuff in snowy areas. The fights and CGI characters with scale will be near impossible. They'll have to ground everything most of the time.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I want this series to be kinda Percy Jackson for adults, I think they could adapt the trilogy to be more moral dilemma-y and less mindless killing. Kratos does realise he's a monster at the end of 3, feels like a fitting end.

Edit: Oh, it's the norse one. Good luck then, I still think the greek saga will need quite the screentime to put the norse one into perspective.

Yeah, skipping all of Kratos' crimes against humanity just feels like them again trying to sanitize his past. Not the way I'd do a show.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
Yeah, skipping all of Kratos' crimes against humanity just feels like them again trying to sanitize his past. Not the way I'd do a show.
I know people are attached but there's actually very few moments that really need to be shown of the Greek saga in the show to get the point across and the obvious points in the game story to intersperse those flashback moments in the show.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I know people are attached but there's actually very few moments that really need to be shown in the show to get the point across and the obvious points in the game story to intersperse those flashback moments in the show.

I don't think brief flashbacks really cover how ELEMENTALLY monstrous and evil Kratos is. He's one of the worst living things on the planet, you have to show that. You can't hide from it.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if the show is successful they can make the Greek saga as a cheaper, animated prequel spin-off or something

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
I don't think brief flashbacks really cover how ELEMENTALLY monstrous and evil Kratos is. He's one of the worst living things on the planet, you have to show that. You can't hide from it.
who said brief? i think you have a whole episode of flashback and other moments dotted throughout - but you want it to be a reveal what a monster he is, and his son is finding out etc... bc it is a new show

BUUUUUUT you also don't need to spend hours and hours showing him murdering and raping everyone in sight (and at a certain point, we have to admit we're in 2023 and that stuff won't have the same effect it did back then when the edgelord 2000s schlock that it was, was seen as monstrous but cool), bc you have to believe that he can change and want him to change which is what he does over the course of the Norse saga, and the Greek games weren't made with that story in mind.

Do a full flashback episode when he gets the blades from under the house of Him brutally leading the Spartans, doing the deal with Ares for the blades, his family becoming scared of him, Murdering his wife and child. Have other flashbacks of Deimos to show the cruelty of the Gods, and brutally burning Greece to the ground in his quest for revenge including innocent people to the ground is plenty - stick to the stuff that's personal and meaningful (like TLOU) and make it very violent, brutal and tough to watch.

My point is there doesn't need to be three games worth of Greek stuff... you can get the point across much quicker without dragging down the much better Norse story.

WhtR88t

May 14, 2018
2018 is my favorite game of all time and I have low expectations for this. No idea how they adapt it to TV without it feeling hokey af.

Yeah, no idea how they adapt some of the insanely over the top things from the games
Pretty much, going to need an insane budget and I dobut they'd be much point doing God of War Live-Action if the spectacle is neutuered, same with 40K. Rings of Power S1 was $500ish Million dollars with some flaws like frankly subpar costume design (Vs the Jackson Trilogy Costuming, what a downgrade), GoW or 40K going to need a bigger budget than Rings of Power and even if managed better (AFAIK RoP suffered production issues?).