• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
The framerate is a duh, but good news about saves.

Doesn't sound like they're bumping the resolution on performance mode, though, which I didn't really expect but man it would have been a nice thing to do.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is obvious because the game already had a 60fps mode. What I would like to know is whether they've increased the resolution for the "Favor Performance" mode.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I mean, PS4 Pro offered "Up to 60 FPS". Hopefully this means locked, would love to play it again.

Shame it seems there won't be a 4k 60 option.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
This doesn't mean much, unless they've also uncapped the resolution in that mode, otherwise you're stuck with 1080p.

qatak

Oct 27, 2017
4k/60? Or does this mean that the performance mode is just gonna be more stable now than it was on Pro?

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is that implying there's graphical improvements in a 30 fps mode or? I would think the PS5 would be able to handle the pro's improvements at 60

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing surprising there. It runs uncapped in performance mode so 60fps was expected.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
"We didn't really do anything here".

lol, I am sorry, but you could have at least have a dynamic res / unlocked fps mode.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Here I was expecting higher resolutions at 60fps but there is nothing new about this. It's literally the bare minimum when it comes to what backwards compatibility can do (i.e. more consistent unlocked framerates in games with 1080p 'performance modes')

As for save transfer, I'd be shocked if it didn't support it considering how every single other BC game will lol.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
so its just a straight up boost mode, oh well. the team is probably lazer focused on getting ragnarok out next year, which i can definitely understand.

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
Very nice. I wonder if we should expect these for the rest of the big 2018-2020 games as well.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This doesn't really tell us anything new... it uses PS4 Pro modes and PS4 saves. Every BC game does this too I believe.

Cross save only comes into question when you are going from a PS4 -> PS5 game.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
"save transfer" is not news lol, it is a backward compat title so saves obviously still work. and the "up to 60 fps" part just shows that they didnt even bother trying to run the game to see if it sustains 60fps all the time (likely will, specially because it runs in full hd in that mode!).

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what will happen to the "load" screens. Will the portal still open while they're still talking?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
There was always an unlocked frame rate mode, it just never hit a solid 60. What was resolution in that mode? I'm more curious if this can hit a solid 4K/60, I'd kind of expect the PS5 to be able to brute force the unlocked frame rate to 60fps lol

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
Expected since the frame rate cap is unlocked.

I was thinking the same thing. Any unlocked PS4 games are gonna benefit, unless there's some weird extenuating circumstance.

Not that this will hit too many people, but I think they should be more clear that a paid PS+ subscription is needed for cloud access to any saves. When they use the "cross save" language, that normally doesn't mean "if you put your save file on external media, you can then use it on the other system in BC mode." :P

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
Good news.
Dumb question while we're at it: I have played through early parts of the PS4 disc version. Will I be able to continue where I stopped using the digital PS Plus Collection version on PS5? If yes, might as well sell my physical version.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like 'saves transfer' is only noteworthy if there are BC games on PS5 that you can't transfer your saves to.

Which I doubt?

Oct 27, 2017
The framerate is a duh, but good news about saves.

Doesn't sound like they're bumping the resolution on performance mode, though, which I didn't really expect but man it would have been a nice thing to do.
Wasn't the game running on 4K dynamic resolution with performance mode but the difference is that the fps mode was unlocked? If I am correct then safe to say it should run with consistent resolution.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Sound good. I started the game a couple times but never got all that far and this is a great reason to jump back in on PS5 at some point before Ragnarok comes out.

Plum

May 31, 2018