StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
I use the PS3 Japanese remasters of 1&2 these days. Much nicer than the PS2 originals, plus no awful English dub! Though granted its all in Japanese so that is a problem for some!
I have that, but my Kanji isn't quite good enough without a lot of pauses and looking up character meanings. And that's with me playing through 1&2 multiple times. :P

Hmm... I wonder if there is a translation patch for 1&2 PS3 version and if I can run that through RPCS3. Going to have to look that up.

Noctis

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Among us Yakuza edition

maxresdefault.jpg

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Remembering the promotion for Yakuza 3 they had in Japan with Kiryu walking on a beach or something to some hilarious music. I can't seem to find it....help me out Era!

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Y0 Kiryu is the hottest. All of the others are kinda ugly tbh, but it's okay cause he's got a heart of gold.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe partly because his 0 design is the only one in like the entire series where he doesn't constantly have a furrowed brow, as if he were always suspicious or angry or something
His Yakuza 0 design is different if only because he's about twenty years old in that game.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
LMAO just wait until you see Majima..
Also do they really just write off Sayama? What the hell was the point then? Could they not handle Kiryu having a girlfriend? I liked her.
Yeah weird choice. I love how if you go into the character relation web thing, it says Kiryu and Sayama have a "mutual understanding" lol

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
His clothing is likely to reflect Yakuza stylings in 2007. Suits look funny if you go back in time. Just check out the stylings of NBA suits 2000-2010. Also this is the first "HD" game after PS2. Man looks pretty normal to me, a really striking stare but he's seen some shit.

Kiryu's suit fits 100 times better than old NBA suits lmao

I don't see the big fuss with him here.

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
To me personally the bouncy suit is the most off-putting aspect of his look here. It makes me uncomfortable.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Kiryu runs like a refrigerator in Yakuza 3. It's very amusing, and very jank.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
This screenshot is perfect. It's 100% something I would expect to see from the PS3 era when hyping up a new system and graphics.
Yeah, very nostalgic feeling to it. Brand new 720p screenshots ! Look at how many characters on screen!

Also i dont think kiryu face wise looks bad, its his suit that looks flappy and that its made of a silk cloth

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'd argue that his PS2 character model is actually more aesthetically pleasing than the 3/4/Dead Souls face. He just looks bad. A dark period in the history of Kiryu's face; thankfully he's looked great since Y5.

Nothing compared to what they did to sweet boy Ryuji in the PS2 -> PS3 transition, though:

mQfnz4G.jpeg

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Lol, what a gigantic exaggeration. That's like waking up besides your partner and shouting "Oh my god you're ugly as FUCK" before he/her went to the bathroom first.
Is this a secret weekend troll thread?

OP
OP
Astral

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'd argue that his PS2 character model is actually more aesthetically pleasing than the 3/4/Dead Souls face. He just looks bad. A dark period in the history of Kiryu's face; thankfully he's looked great since Y5.

Nothing compared to what they did to sweet boy Ryuji in the PS2 -> PS3 transition, though:

mQfnz4G.jpeg
Yeah Ryuji was supposed to be like 26 and yet he looks older than Kiryu lol.