• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Metacritic PREDICTION

• 0-96 - Mortal

Votes: 527 42.7%
  • 97 - Hero

Votes: 97 7.9%
  • 98 - God

Votes: 93 7.5%
  • 99 - Titan

Votes: 21 1.7%
  • 100+ - Dad

Votes: 495 40.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His notifications like

smartphone-app-yellow.gif

TiG

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
corybarlog

I just wanted to say I have always wanted an epic game but also an deep story for a very long time, and I am hyped beyond belief for this game. Thank you and the team at Santa Monica!

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap this thread is going turbo. Welcome Corey, you probably didn't notice but everyone is so excited to play GoW :) I hope you get some well deserved rest soon.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, the kids that were 12 (way too young lol) when they played GOW in 2005, are now 25 and old enough to be reviewers. Nostalgia for them too, there's tons of Playstation kids

I would agree with this if the GoW we are getting now was the GoW we had gotten back in 05. Had he been a more sympathetic or at least nuanced character from the get go, then yeah, but I feel like back then we had very little to attach ourselves emotionally to Kratos with. He was pretty much just an avatar for us to exert mindless violence through. I don't think many people cared about him, and I'm sure a substantial amount even disliked him, so I can't see "nostalgia" play for him to the same extent it plays for Mario or Zelda (though I'm sure it will be there for a few of us, me included, but I was always a greek mythology nerd so that element of GoW had me hooked from day 1)

I'm just glad to have GoW back and going by previews and impressions, it seems like Cory and the rest of the team might have cooked up something special, I've been wrestling with myself trying to temper my expectations but I want it to be a potential game of the generation (I know, I know, it's not fair on the game). I'm so hyped though. I've got a week booked off to play the game and I'm calling in sick tomorrow so I can stay at home reading the reviews.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I do got to admit, I am surprised I'm hyped for this. I never played the previous God of War games, hell I think the only time I played 3 was a demo loooooong time ago.

So the fact that I'm so hyped now for the new game is kind of a testament to the quality it looks like the team is putting out. :D

AAMARMO

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Join the God of War over at SonyEra Discord

EDIT: Remove link due to too many people already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.