Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I really don't understand why you guys read spoilers years before a movie releases. How does that not diminish the impact of a movie?

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Thats not a spoiler, its a theory.

I think they're referring to how the plot of the movie has apparently been leaked via 4chan. So if that's the case, the contents of said leak would constitute spoilers.

And well... some people like assurances of content, and do not consider such to 'ruin' the experience; this is not some alien concept.

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Amazing trailer.. but the first Godzilla also has an amazing trailer. Hopefully this doesn't disappoint

Markitron

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
I think they're referring to how the plot of the movie has apparently been leaked via 4chan. So if that's the case, the contents of said leak would constitute spoilers.

And well... some people like assurances of content, and do not consider such to 'ruin' the experience; this is not some alien concept.
It's alien to me, I just don't understand how knowing what happens while watching a movie doesn't diminish the experience. A movie then loses all ability to surprise you.

To each his own I guess.

duckroll

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
It's alien to me, I just don't understand how knowing what happens while watching a movie doesn't diminish the experience. A movie then loses all ability to surprise you.

To each his own I guess.
I'm not watching a giant monster royal rumble to be surprised, I'm watching it to see hopefully kickass monster battles. So I don't see why knowing or not knowing what happens will change my enjoyment. Lol.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
I just want Ghidorah being the most evil, ominous thing ever and I'll be happy. I've got to have that roar also.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is Godzilla sapient? Like, he knows those fighter jets at the end are on his side?

You mean sentient? (Or I guess Intelligent would probably be the best phrase to use here)

If so, I'm pretty sure mildly at least. May not understand things like a Human would but probably enough to understand those on his side and those who aren't.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I saw a article over the weekend.... having read the leak, I'm assuming this journalist did as well, but in poor form, used it as a theory article as if he came up with the thought. He shouldn't have done that.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Is Godzilla sapient? Like, he knows those fighter jets at the end are on his side?

Got a feeling that, at least, during Godzilla 2014, he didn't care for the humans. Showed no real reaction to the attacks from the brigde, and he certainly didn't show any kind of aggression when the humans tried to nuke him back then. Now, i didn't read that Awakening comic, so i don't know if there was some kind of reaction from Godzilla to the humans.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got a feeling that, at least, during Godzilla 2014, he didn't care for the humans. Showed no real reaction to the attacks from the brigde, and he certainly didn't show any kind of aggression when the humans tried to nuke him back then. Now, i didn't read that Awakening comic, so i don't know if there was some kind of reaction from Godzilla to the humans.
Yes, its implied that he is intelligent. Since MonsterVerse is based on the Showa series and Godzilla explicitly has human-level intelligence and self-awareness. In the 2014 film he shielded the buses on the Golden Gate Bridge from the missiles on purpose. He intentionally swam under the navy ships on the way to SanFran. Its implied that Godzilla was worshiped by an unknown pre-Sumerian civilization and likely protected them from other kaiju.

As for the nuke he was probably like "thanks for the snack". In fact I suspect that the nuke is what gave him his atomic breath.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I keep watching the few seconds when Clair De Lune really kicks in over and over again. The shot of Godzilla and Mothra spreading her wings has me hooked. I'm glad it looks like the shots of the kaiju are still pretty artsy and not just clear as day. I really think that helps the mood of the whole thing - then again I liked Godzilla 2014.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love how they made his spines more classic looking.

latest

Compared to:

latest

Man I really hope we get a new console game. I loved the 2015 game for what it was.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer looked amazing, can't wait for this. Haven't seen Skull Island, worth watching?

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love how they made his spines more classic looking.

latest

Compared to:

latest

Man I really hope we get a new console game. I loved the 2015 game for what it was.

His atomic breath is also much stronger looking. I always felt like the 2014 version was too weak. I get that it was supposed to look like fire but I prefer it when it looks like a laser beam.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
So I hope we get an organization that creates giant robots, first M.O.G.U.E.R.A, that ends up being a jobber, then mecha Godzilla , who goes evil, one last attempt jet jaguar a rousing success

Finaika

Dec 11, 2017
So is the "Long live the King" line referring to Godzilla (King of the Monsters), King Ghidorah or King Kong?

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say, that in the interview they said there are more monsters than what was shown.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, what a trailer. Put off watching it but just checked it out and I'm stoked. I knew Dougherty was a great pick for this.

Gotta bail from this thread though. It's obviously tainted by the leak and the articles/previews that have been using info from that.

Oct 25, 2017
So is the "Long live the King" line referring to Godzilla (King of the Monsters), King Ghidorah or King Kong?

My guess is it'll be referring to both Godzilla and Ghidorah. We know Godzilla got the "King of the Monsters" moniker in the last film, but it's a safe bet this incarnation of Ghidorah is going to wreck his shit for a good chunk of the film. Dude seems like he could single-handedly wipe out the human race in record time, judging by the apocalyptic damage shown in the trailer.

Maybe Kong will win the "King" moniker at the end of the next film?

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
I'm guessing Anguirus is one of the unlisted movies? The spikey half shell monster? I mean he's Godzilla's first monster he squares off in... i can see him being a throwaway fight.

Wished the 2014 had a monster from the old TOHO films...rather than some made up monster for the movie....it's like a Batman movie with a new villain not from comics....

Is Gigan and Mecha-Godzilla too out there for a movie down the line? Alien/Cyborn/Robot kaijus?

I also want Godzilla's March original theme....it's beyond epic and builds up so perfect for a final showdown with King Ghidora.

Last edited:

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the character is Kong in a newly added post-credit sequence lol.

So I guess the entire 4chan summary is BS? Lol.
I don't know what the 4chan summary is, but I read a plot leak on the Godzilla reddit a few days ago that was fairly accurate minus omitting one of the major set pieces/fights. So the real details are definitely out there. Be careful if you don't want to be spoiled.

Awesome.

Can you tell us if there are other Toho monsters present besides the ones present in this trailer or is that under NDA?

EDIT: Looked at some previous pages and it seems there are indeed other monsters in the movie, but I don't know if they Legendary's original creations or the Toho classics.

There are other monsters in cameo roles (less than 30 seconds screentime total). Unfortunately I can't tell you if they were Toho or not for 2 reason:

1. I'm not super well versed in Godzilla-lore past the 4 monsters featured here and Gigan.

2. There were 100% some placeholder monsters being used in the version I saw, including a Pacific Rim Kaiju and the MUTOs from the first movie, which I'm assuming will be replaced with something else in the finished version.