• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Mechagodzilla, Gigan, Hedorah, Biollante and of course JET JAGUAR.
Didn't even mention Destroyah.

smh

Hasn't there literally already been a movie where Godzilla is in contact with a telepath and fights monsters, protecting humans?

I thought from the jump that that's the direction this was going.
I can't remember if he was ever directly controlled (maybe in one of the Millenium movies, because I haven't seen all of them) but the Heisei movies have telepaths out the ass. There's so many of them in those movies.

But he's still a dick in those movies.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't there literally already been a movie where Godzilla is in contact with a telepath and fights monsters, protecting humans?

I thought from the jump that that's the direction this was going.
That sounds more like Gamera, in his 1990s trilogy, who had a spiritual connection to mankind.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Since Godzilla is up against Ghidorah he is playing the protector of earth role here. He isn't protecting humans, he's protecting where he lives. We'll cheer for him when he stands up victorious in the sunlight at the end of the movie regardless of how many cities he flattens lol

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
Since Godzilla is up against Ghidorah he is playing the protector of earth role here. He isn't protecting humans, he's protecting where he lives. We'll cheer for him when he stands up victorious in the sunlight at the end of the movie regardless of how many cities he flattens lol

I won't. Most of what you hear in the mainstream media these days is anti-Ghidorah propaganda. Don't believe their lies.

Deleted member 2085

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone hook me up with a high res version of this please

pp6QiHJ_d.jpg
JSnCiR8.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even mention Destroyah.

smh

I can't remember if he was ever directly controlled (maybe in one of the Millenium movies, because I haven't seen all of them) but the Heisei movies have telepaths out the ass. There's so many of them in those movies.

But he's still a dick in those movies.
It's okay I got Jet Jaguar which is the most important one.

On another note Godzilla arguably hasn't been a flat out good guy since Terror of Mechagodzilla unless you count the 1998 Cartoon.

Last edited:

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Have you? Godzilla is evil/bad in all the best movies.

Godzilla(Gojira) 1954.
Godzilla 1985
Godzilla: Monsters all out atrack.
Shin Godzilla
Etc.
Yeah I have which is why I know about friendly/protector Godzilla since it's not some new thing that has just happened in this movie

Which is not to say that he's not totally badass when he's being evil, either. But he's been friendly/protector a loooooot

Merrill

Oct 27, 2017
Halifax
Yeah I have which is why I know about friendly/protector Godzilla since it's not some new thing that has just happened in this movie

Which is not to say that he's not totally badass when he's being evil, either. But he's been friendly/protector a loooooot

Friendly Godzilla is the worst. Imo.

To each their own. Plenty for both camps to enjoy.

Oct 25, 2017
Godzilla works either way. Just as long as he doesn't become someone's pet. You still got stuff like Godzilla vs. Hedorah and Mechagodzilla where he's a good guy, and the humans would be scared of him whenever he gets pissed.

I've been getting bored with him being the villain or having him get sealed away or defeated at the end of the film. Only for him to come back the next movie like nothing ever happened.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017

Except there is no friendly Godzilla in this movie or the last one. He's a neutral animal and if people happen to die while he stomps in to kill some monster then so be it.

Wake me up when he starts inviting humans to ride on his back and teaching them life lessons.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017

I enjoy all Godzillas! I can never remember the proper name, but the Godzilla with the white eyes that's made from all the souls of the WWII soldiers is one of my favorites and IIRC he's pretty evil right? He's from GMK? Or am I getting him confused, there are so many Godzillas @_@

Oct 25, 2017
I enjoy all Godzillas! I can never remember the proper name, but the Godzilla with the white eyes that's made from all the souls of the WWII soldiers is one of my favorites and IIRC he's pretty evil right? He's from GMK? Or am I getting him confused, there are so many Godzillas @_@
You're right GMK is the evilest incarnation that flat out goes out of his way to kill people.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, from GMK and he's pure evil, the only Godzilla to be so.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You're right GMK is the evilest incarnation that flat out goes out of his way to kill people.

Bwhaha I remember this. What an asshole. I love Gojira. My siblings and I used to watch all his movies together with my dad when we were kids so Gojira holds a special place in my heart. So much so that we even bought commissioned art from one of the Gojira artists (he helped designed Biollante). Even asked him to draw a piece of Gojira fighting mechagojira for my dad for his bday.

Can not wait for this movie.

JdFox17

Oct 26, 2017
Godzilla works either way. Just as long as he doesn't become someone's pet. You still got stuff like Godzilla vs. Hedorah and Mechagodzilla where he's a good guy, and the humans would be scared of him whenever he gets pissed.

I've been getting bored with him being the villain or having him get sealed away or defeated at the end of the film. Only for him to come back the next movie like nothing ever happened.
Neutral force Godzilla is best Godzilla. I really liked the tone of Godzilla '14 right up until the end, when it turned full on stupid. He contributed to the deaths of literally thousands, if not tens of thousands, and yet he's praised as a hero by the media as he walks away. Then again, the media often praises Donald Trump, so perhaps there's a thread there. But seriously, that "news footage" of him at the end of '14 felt almost like a reshoot to change the tone at the last minute.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

My favorite evil Godzilla and I absolutely love that scene. It's because growing up I always wondered, did people really think they were safe after he passed by? That tail had to do damage as well and this movie finally showed it. Wasn't intentional, just unavoidable destruction

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I wish they didn't color grade the shit out of this movie, it looks like every scene is teal or orange, not natural looking lighting or colors, everyone looks like they are standing under a street lamp it's so overdone. Thought Hollywood was finally moving past this look, it's just so unnatural looking.

Reminds me of "In The Heart of the Sea."

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017

Not to be that guy but just like with Godzilla 2014....

Gotta be some massive scale problems going on here. I mean, don't get me wrong, Ghidorahs big, but there's no fricken way he's THAT big.

The actual height of that volcano is 9,910 ft, that makes Ghidorah ridiculously exaggerated here, but I won't lie....Looks cool as fuck.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we will see Godzilla beating Guidorah and then getting kicked by King Kong in the sequel.