Votes: 119 77.3%
  • Ultimate

Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Beast

Votes: 8 5.2%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So Gohan has had some important transformations which have become synonomous with his character. Out of all of them which one is the best?

SSJ2:

latest

Ultimate:

Beast:

latest

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
The transformation sequence for SSJ2 is the most iconic sequence, but I prefer the simplicity of Ultimate as a transformation with all the other super saiyans around.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
lol SS2 is gonna sweep here.

I like Ultimate a lot, or at least the original idea behind it.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
I mean SS2 is the high point of the entire franchise so this is gonna be a really skewed poll lmao

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
They're all awesome but I've always preferred Ultimate (mystic?) just because it was unique to Gohan.

Ashrak

Obviously his second Super Saiyan, followed by Ultimate, Mystic or however you want to call it. With more and more transformations stacking on each other, they become meaningless. And Dragonball Super, including "Beast", can find a hole to wither away in.

thanosotitan

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I dunno, pi picked SSj2 as its was the most impactful. Ultimate was Meh, was good for 1 ep and then was trash as soon as Buu did the 1st absorption. Beast to me is more like SSJ2 stacked onto Ultimate or Ultimate SSJ2 which i think sounds better than beast.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really want to hear the explanation for whoever voted for Beast lol

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I really want to hear the explanation for whoever voted for Beast lol
It's the chaos choice.
The SSJ2 transformation is iconic
Ultimate is great because it shows "normal" Gohan would probably be the strongest in the DBZ universe if he wanted to be
Beast looks cool af and it was nice seeing him get a unique non SS form.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
SSJ2 was iconic and had the best buildup outside of Goku's SSJ1

Ultimate was cool and all but only because it was unique to him once everyone else magically got to SSJ2.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
Ultimate is the best in concept but SS2 is best in execution. Beast seems to be a redo on ultimate so jury is still out. It's not done enough yet to judge.

Ultimate seemed like a final payoff to what SS2 already paid off, and it might've worked if Gohan didn't lose every fight after he got the upgrade.

Saiyaman

Dec 19, 2017
Waiting for the day we get beast Gohan in the Saiyaman fit.

I think beast is his coolest looking transformation, but overall I gotta give it to SS2 because the build up and payoff was amazing. Also, teen Gohan at the world tournament in SS2 mode looked badass.

I honestly don't like ultimate because as simple as it may be, I like it when their hair changes color.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
ssj2, beast, then ultimate. i always felt ultimate was kind of boring looking

Apr 20, 2022
SS2 is peak. I went nuts watching him unlock that power then bully cell.

Ultimate/mystic sounded cool on paper but he never really matched all the hype: fought buu, got tricked then kept the same form all these years with wacky powee scaling.

Beast is an ass pull if I ever saw one. Looks badass though.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Ultimate is my favorite. I love the idea that after 200 episodes of Hair goes up and its blonde, oh and now its more spiky, oh and now its even longer, the strongest character is just him in his normal look.

Also, Gohan with the orange ki > everything else.
Beast looks absolute hideous, like fan-art level of hideous, but to be expected coming from a post-GT content.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
it's pretty cool in the last manga chapters

I have a soft spot for Beast but functionally it's just a SSJ2 nostalgia trip so not much point voting it over the original

It's the chaos choice.
The SSJ2 transformation is iconic
Ultimate is great because it shows "normal" Gohan would probably be the strongest in the DBZ universe if he wanted to be
Beast looks cool af and it was nice seeing him get a unique non SS form.

I like the color choice but it has too much hair going on, honestly ruins it for me. But mainly I just meant in the sense of voting for it over SSJ2 (Ultimate has been dumb the minute Gohan stopped being the strongest/strongest Saiyan)

Not even speaking from a nostalgia standpoint, if Goku had a similar poll and some voted for OG Ultra Instinct, I'd get it

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna say Ultimate but I just can't because how badly he fucked it up by eating complete SHIT during his fight with Buu. He could've won but nooooo.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
SSJ2 is when Dragon Ball as a whole peaked. There have been other moments that have come close, but have never reached the emotional height that Gohan turning SSJ2 has at least for me.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Beast Gohan, I found the whole "super powered manchild reliving the fact that he peaked before puberty" angle they were going for to be pretty interesting.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I like the color choice but it has too much hair going on, honestly ruins it for me. But mainly I just meant in the sense of voting for it over SSJ2 (Ultimate has been dumb the minute Gohan stopped being the strongest/strongest Saiyan)

Not even speaking from a nostalgia standpoint, if Goku had a similar poll and some voted for OG Ultra Instinct, I'd get it
I felt bad for it tbh lol. I figured SSJ2 would win easy and wanted to toss it a token vote.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I like some of the design ideas for beast and it was nice to finally have his own form. SSJ2 was really just about the moment in the show rather than the design itself which we'd already seen on others anyway. Ultimate I've never really been a fan of tbh. It's fine, but also kinda dull.

Yeah the random hair growth has never been something I'm fond of in the designs. It's one of the reasons SSJ3 has been bottom of my list forever. With a Goku list I'd probably have UI in second place. Can't beat the iconic first ofc but there's some things I really liked in the UI reveal too.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
SS2 easily. Perfect hair length and spikiness, the single bang, plus the electricity that makes SS2 cool as fuck.

I think Ultimate is cool because he looks more mature and imposing, but it's too subtle maybe. Beast is basically the opposite and so over the top it's hard to take seriously.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
My headcanon is that "Beast" is the same thing as SS2 anyway, just applied to Ultimate instead of SS.

OP
OP
PhoenixAKG

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
SSJ2 is also the culmination of what I think DBZ was leading up to since its beginning, no? The whole show focuses on Gohan's "hidden power" from the time he's a freaking toddler with Raditz, Vegeta, Namek, etc...