• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There's a gap between crimes that matches up with the birth of his daughter.

A victim (or victims) recalled him ranting about "Bonnie". This dude is married to a Bonnie.

Its definitely him. Amazing when justice wins out.

Man, that's wild.

Bouncing between that "Radicalization of young men" thread and this one, it's interesting how different "classic" serial killers and today's lone wolves are.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
It didnt diminish anything. The other names they gave him were lackluster and unmemorable. The one she gave him was the complete opposite, which helps keep the case in the public consciousness. EAR/ONS did nothing for that, which sucks because he was much more heinous than the Zodiac killer, who everyone knows simply due to his moniker.
I feel like if he has had a catchier name, this dude would've been more known. I barely just found out about him last year even though this guy is Zodiac tier. It was such an insane case that I had to tell people about it and none of them knew about him, either.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being say 25 years old and living your whole life on a street with the same neighbors and then today having SWAT show up to apprehend the old guy who lives next door, who it turns out is a prolific thief/rapist/murderer that you've known your whole life. Shit is crazy.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hope he suffers every moment that remains of his vile life until he's in the dirt, and that the victims and families can get some semblance of closure and peace from him finally being caught.

kris.

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy to me that these serial killer can raise hell indiscriminately and without remorse for years and then....have a family and "retire" to a normal life. Didn't BTK do basically the same thing?
Essentially. His last confirmed murder was in '91. He lived in Wichita, had a job, family, was a fixture of the community, etc. They only caught him because he started sending letters to police again in the mid-aughts.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Essentially. His last confirmed murder was in '91. He lived in Wichita, had a job, family, was a fixture of the community, etc. They only caught him because he started sending letters to police again in the mid-aughts.

Yeah, exactly. Its mind boggling to me. So this is basically like BTK again, except far more prolific.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
THIS IS FUCKING CRAZY! Never thought it would happen

I wish Michelle was here to see it

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who knows, I'm just 100% speculating as to why he seemed to stop and settle down in the 80s.

Gotcha. I just wonder if there are more crimes to be discovered.

Crazy how much all the sketches look like DeAngelo, at the same time each sketch looks completely different from one another.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's crazy too is he was in the Navy. So there could be other crimes he committed overseas that we don't even know about. Hopefully this guy talks.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Man, the way they allegedly caught this guy is nuts. The FBI had the Australians run a DNA sample saying they believe this guy was a related to Mr. Cruel's spree in Australia. They got a half match in their DNA database for an illegitimate child of the guy which he would have fathered when he was on leave in Australia during his time in 'Nam. Crazy.

Nevermind, this was just a theory. Reading comprehension is bad today.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I watched a documentary or show on this guy a while back. So terrifying. I'm glad he was finally caught.

Oct 31, 2017
I'd actually never heard about this, or at least I'd mostly forgotten about it, until recently when I saw the first episodes of the series on it on HLN, Unmasking A Killer.

Watched the first few episodes with my mom and I told her "I bet he's a cop, or was in the military, or both." due to the nature of how he scoped, planned, and committed his crimes. Lo and behold...

Good to see that they actually caught this scumbag.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
http://fox40.com/on-air/live-streaming/

Switched over from a replay to a live feed.
P5oqVdj.png

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hope this guy never gets another peaceful day for the rest of his miserable life.

Reading up on everything now, everything about this story is crazy.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
What's his daughters name? That girl I know with the same last name from Sacramento also kind of looks like him in that Navy photo. Holy fuck if she is his daughter. :X I'm afraid to ask her.