aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I noticed there isn't a thread about this but it's due in 2 and a half hours

The main keynote will start at 10 a.m. PT on Tuesday, May 14 (5 p.m. UTC.) The event will be hosted live. It's 6PM UK time.

Im expecting some hardware and Android 15. Perhaps more AI stuff (Gemini)

I'm hoping to see a more premium chrome cast which can rival the Nvidia shield but I can hope right. Here is how you can watch it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/XEzRZ35urlk?si=4a0Kph2yF1sAahpq

Native_Vel

Jun 5, 2022
Perhaps more AI? I expect AI to be 90% of the keynote.

I'd love some hardware though. Since they already announced the pixel tablet without the base and the Pixel 8a it would have to be something new.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Pixel Fold 2 would be neat. But if prior years is anything to go by, it's going to be like watching paint dry. My god are their presentations dull.

Otheradam

Shinra Employee
Nov 1, 2017
Man, there was a time were I was super excited for this event. The phones haven't really done anything for me in like a decade.

Doby

Oct 25, 2017
Pixel fold 2 perhaps.
There was a rumour it's now called the Pixel 9 Pro Fold which suggests it'll be revealed alongside the the other 3 Pixel 9's in October. Unless they do what they did in 2022 and reveal the latest Pixel line up so they can talk about the Fold and launch that model sooner.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Would like to see if they do anything new with the Fold.

and yea…. big yaaaawn if it's focused on AI. WWDC is going to be even worse w/ AI that no one wants from Apple.

tejinashi

Dec 23, 2022
I'll be tuning in as usual, though it can be really dry and hard to watch, it's like a ritual I have to go through every year, lol.

Want to see some AI magic, but I have a feeling it will all be a little tame. No idea what to expect on the hardware side of things.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I will catch the super cut of the highlights later. I'm not interested enough to tune in this year.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
The part that always frustrates me about IO is they seem to release stuff and it's like who knows when it's rolling out, unless I haven't been following much. I'm excited to see what they do with AI. Especially after the GPT 4o announcement.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I've played around with Gemini 1.5 Pro on Vertex to summarize videos, and it's pretty impressive. The context window is definitely a differentiator.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
lmao
I actually had to review a bunch of pictures to get my license plate number so I could reserve a park n fly lot space for a trip I'm taking next month.
Get outta my head Charles Google

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
this whole "use AI to make a return for you" is sorta contrived bullshit and it stands out against the better uses for AI like transcribing meetings

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't imagine a scenario where I would load up an AI assistant to return a pair of shoes. lol

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Megaman BN PET incoming

megaman-access-pet-3d-printing-192353.png

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to pair useful and interesting things like meeting transcripts, protein folding, and photo search with... "pls return my shoes" makes the dumb things stand out IMO
Absolutely. Like, most places include a return label (or make it easily accessible) and you just drop them off at UPS or wherever. Do I really need an AI to like... *do anything* in that scenario? lol. Meanwhile yeah it overshadows other, more meaningful things in the presentation.

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
Generative content is universally dumb, and actual tools like AI-powered image correction, gen-fill, and noise reduction highlights that. Like, when you have neural filters or locally-powered AI noise reduction, stuff like "make a wolf" seems extra dumb

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
Musicians shilling for generative music shit will always be weird.

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
AI in video for stuff like object removal, impromptu slo-mo is neat, trying to just... make whole videos seems so useless

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
Can't wait to add Gemini SEO to my resume. /s

It has become funny to me because you get Reddit in the list of tools when you ask a question now lol

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
AI stapled to Google Search is dumb as shit too lol, man you have Maps right there for more robust restaurant lookup and trip planning.

Native_Vel

Jun 5, 2022
I wonder how many people will use these new Gen AI search features and no longer feel the need to end every search with "reddit"

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
AI stapled to Google Search is dumb as shit too lol, man you have Maps right there for more robust restaurant lookup and trip planning.

I don't know, adding logic to those kinds of queries is kind of great. "show me restaurants that have an ice cream store close by" for example eliminates a few manual steps

disparate

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, adding logic to those kinds of queries is kind of great. "show me restaurants that have an ice cream store close by" for example eliminates a few manual steps
That's what I mean, Gemini does this where I can ask it to look for the best afternoon tea to X tube station and it'll give me a google maps plan