WinFonda

Oct 27, 2017
USA
just noticed this, i think it's new? click on your profile in the upper right on the search home page. pretty blatant with the stacking and everything. coulda swore playstation has used the X replaced with a heart before too, for like a charity or something. probably won't last long heh.
rBBSrfB.jpeg

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Guy who's only seen Boss Baby memes: "Getting a lot of Boss Baby meme vibes from this thread."

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
You think that's familiar? My Amazon packages have started arriving in GameCube shaped things.

Canas Renvall

Mar 4, 2018
Wait until OP finally gets to high school and discovers they invented a whole field of mathematical study based on blatant Sony infringement...

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
y'all mocking me, i'll take a 30 day ban bet if this is still there in a month

We can actually look this up because Google places all their Material Design assets in open-source repos. Here's the Github link to their Material Design symbol icon for Interests:

github.com

material-design-icons/src/social/interests/materialiconsoutlined/24px.svg at master Ā· google/material-design-icons

Material Design icons by Google (Material Symbols) - google/material-design-icons

There is only one commit listed for that icon, for when it was added to the repo. That commit is dated November 15, 2021.

In other words, that icon has been in existence in the Material Design symbol set for two and a half years and counting.

o7

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
I think they used symbols like that in the Home app like a million years ago? Like they'd rotate and make a grid of different shapes?

Also hate that I have to use their Home app to set up my Chromecast Audio when I used to be able to do it through a web interface.

Also hate that there is no Chromecast Audio anymore. It's a pretty sweet device for people with legacy home stereo systems who want to take advantage of streaming and internet radio.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I saw a banner in my kid's classroom that was blatant Nintendo infringement.

AB? Ok, weird coincidence. L? R? Getting a little sus. XYZ? District better lawyer up.

Aug 31, 2019
y'all mocking me, i'll take a 30 day ban bet if this is still there in a month

I'm pretty sure I've seen that for ages?

It's a standard Material Design Icon: https://fonts.google.com/icons?selected=Material+Symbols+Outlined:interests:FILL@0;wght@400;GRAD@0;opsz@24&icon.query=interests&icon.size=24&icon.color=#e8eaed

Which means it's likely been around for years (material design is maybe a decade old at this point? 5+ for sure). Can't find a changelog.

Taking a quick look at GitHub, it's not the easiest thing to search for, and you can't order search by commit datetime, but I can see usages for at least 10 months.

Edit: it's existed as an icon since 2021, at least: https://github.com/google/material-...ons/48dp/2x/baseline_interests_black_48dp.png

Last edited:

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
Google just shot themselves in the foot. This logo fiasco is going to bankrupt them.