• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
We're showing members some love by gifting you 3 months of Stadia Pro. Enjoy Google's new gaming platform – on us.¹​

Email is titled "Member benefit: 3 months of Stadia Pro for YouTube Premium members" and is being sent to anyone who has YouTube premium as of March 26th.

I have a family account I share with 4 people, and we each got this email with a unique code.

(Edit) the fine print.

This three-month Stadia Pro trial promotion is only open to participants in the United States (excluding Guam and Hawaii) who have an active YouTube Premium paid subscription as of March 26, 2020, and received the promotional email, or while supplies last. Offer must be redeemed by June 2, 2020, by 11:59 pm PT. Valid only for new Stadia accounts. Code required to access Stadia. When you sign up for a monthly Stadia Pro subscription, you will receive the first three months at no charge. You will enjoy the same benefits in your first three months as in future recurring months of membership. Valid form of payment required at sign-up, but you will not be charged until your first three months have completed, and you may cancel at any time. At the end of the first three months, you will be charged the standard subscription price, currently $9.99 per month in the United States. No refunds for partial billing periods are available. If you cancel your subscription, you will lose access to games unlocked in the subscription and any add-on or expansion content you have purchased for those games. Add-on content is not refundable. If you resubscribe, access to games that you had previously claimed will be restored including any add-on content that you had purchased. Stadia reserves the right to change or cancel the offer at any time. Offer requires a Google Account. Promoter: Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.

² Stadia Controller and Google Chromecast Ultra are required for play on TVs. Chromecast Ultra requires a TV with an HDMI port, a Wi-Fi network, and a compatible (Android or iOS) mobile device. Minimum OS requirements are at g.co/cast/req. Availability and performance of features and services are application-, device-, and network-dependent, and may not be available in all areas. More information is available at the Chromecast Help Center.

³ Stadia supports Chrome OS tablets, including Pixel Slate, Acer Chromebook Tab 10, and HP Chromebook X2. Stadia also supports Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3a, Pixel 4 family phones, and popular Android phones. See g.co/stadia/help for the minimum iOS requirement and a list of compatible mobile phones.

Last edited:

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
9dffbb1d79e5b0edcca70a0359a2d153.jpeg

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Hey I have that

I guess I'll give Stadia a shot out of curiosity more than anything

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I've been subbed to Google music since day one. I haven't gotten an email yet. Are they sending this out in waves?

lovecatt

Nov 12, 2017
oh is the code in anyway linked to your Google account or something? Cause I have YT premium but no intention of trying out stadia so maybe I can just give it away to someone on here

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
sooo if I use my t-mobile youtube premium 2 month trial, I will get this?

EDIT: nope

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
The tech is great and I enjoy it... Not going to ever replace my console of choice but the tech is super impressive or at least has been for me. So if you get pro these are currently the free games you can claim.

Destiny 2 The Collection (Cross save works)
Grid
Gylt (exclusive)
Serious Sam Collection
Spitlings (Exclusive)
Stacks on Stacks On Stacks (Exclusive)
Steamworld Dig 2
Steamworld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
Thumper

So hope those of you with open minds who get to try it enjoy it. Commence with all the tired jokes.

El_Chino

Oct 25, 2017
Will try out for the hell of it.

Which free Stadia Pro game should I try though?

I already play Destiny on my One X.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Just got the code in my email as well. I'll try it out one of these days, fine print says redeemable until June I think.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's very strange that now of all times there's still no word on it at all. Like zero communication or teasing or anything about it. Id love to give the service a try but I'm definitely not paying 129 bucks plus the price of a game to try it.
Wait.....what?! They are still charging $130 upfront to use the service? You can't just opt-in on a month-to-month subscription?

It's almost as if they don't want users.

amc

Nov 2, 2017
United Kingdom
I'll wait 'till they send out 3 month trials for YT premium to get a 3 month trial of Stadia. Both will probably be given out with cereal in the not to distant.

GamingRobioto

May 18, 2018
Exeter, UK
First thought was, "nice I'll give it a go", but who am I kidding, I won't even try it, waste of time to be honest. No games I want to play on it and I have multiple gaming hardware platforms in my house. Not even worth it for free for me personally.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Email is titled "Member benefit: 3 months of Stadia Pro for YouTube Premium members" and is being sent to anyone who has YouTube premium as of March 26th.

I have a family account I share with 4 people, and we each got this email with a unique code.

(Edit) the fine print.

I don't think this is "being sent to anyone who has YouTube premium". I've had YT Premium for a few years and didn't get an email.

Might be targeted, unless it is going out in waves.

OP
OP
Inugami

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this is "being sent to anyone who has YouTube premium". I've had YT Premium for a few years and didn't get an email.

Might be targeted, unless it is going out in waves.
It reads like it's being sent to everyone (likely in the US) who has had since the end of March. It's also likely going out in waves.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Got one and honestly don't give a fuck. If there was an iOS app I'd give it a try.

I also have the family plan for YouTube premium.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
I cancelled my YouTube premium today and thought this just was to try and keep me on for YouTube premium by offering this

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I have a feeling this only applies to actual YouTube Premium subs and not Play Music subs that include YouTube Premium (they're priced differently)

amc

Nov 2, 2017
United Kingdom
Agreed. How can they expect people to use Stadia at home, when nobody is even allowed to be at home! They could not have picked a worse time even if they tried.
I think he's talking about the extra stress on the already stressed bandwidth from everyone doing WFH or being stuck in streaming Tiger Kings that these games would bring.

Nov 23, 2019
RRT4 ▶︎▶︎▶︎
Agreed. How can they expect people to use Stadia at home, when nobody is even allowed to be at home! They could not have picked a worse time even if they tried.
www.theverge.com

YouTube joins Netflix in reducing video quality in Europe

‘We are making a commitment to temporarily switch all traffic in the EU to standard definition by default’
www.nytimes.com

Surging Traffic Is Slowing Down Our Internet (Published 2020)

With people going online more in the pandemic, internet traffic has exploded. That’s taking a toll on our download speeds and video quality.
www.gamesindustry.biz

Quarantine questions for the streaming future | Opinion

The COVID-19 pandemic has placed an enormous degree of strain on a lot of global institutions and infrastructure -- mos…

A lot of consumers are experiencing for themselves exactly what happens when their local broadband infrastructure is put under pressure, regardless of any measures taken by streaming and digital distribution giants -- and in a great many places, it doesn't even need to be a lot of pressure.

The rapid rise in bandwidth usage by ordinary households switching over to HD video streaming and game downloading in recent years has left many regions, even in wealthy developed countries, with broadband infrastructure that already struggles to keep up during periods of high demand.

So yeah, good luck.

Infastructure is barely holding these days.