• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
********************************************************UPDATE: IN AN INTERESTING TURN OF EVENTS*****************************************
Google is refunding all Stadia purchases — hardware, software, and DLC. Members of the Stadia team will be "carrying this work forward" in other departments at Google.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************

In usual Google fashion, Google is rolling this out in regions so not everyone has it yet (I don't). No word on if the native Android and TV apps are getting any kind of UI update, as of right now it just seems to be the PWA through browsers. Google themselves haven't formally announced the new UI changes but the community manager on the Stadia Reddit has acknowledged it and said it's slowly rolling out to everyone.

With that being said it's hard to know exactly what all new features are included but going by other posts/stories it seems the "Home" page has gone through a complete revamp. From what I can see some really neat features added are being able to jump into trials without having to go to the store, game lists are scrolling now, being able to see if any friends are playing any of the games on your page, and being able to view/jump into any open public parties for said games as well as being able to start public parties for a game without having to start the game. I'm sure if there's anything missed Google will outline it when they formally announce the new UI.

Anyways, just thought it was interesting and if you haven't used Stadia in a while then it might be cool to check out. For reference here's the old "Home" UI:
Screenshot-2022-09-28-9-26-35-PM.png

And here's the new:
ayahnoosonq91.png

View: https://youtu.be/otK0r4_00Xk

Story with a few more details and where the above video came from: Updated Stadia Home Dashboard UI Rolling Out

Last edited:

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of it. It does look more appropriate for a cloud streaming platform whereas the older one looked like a local console.

OP
OP

DonnieTC

Apr 10, 2019
I'm not sure if I'm a big fan of it. It does look more appropriate for a cloud streaming platform whereas the older one looked like a local console.
I'm reserving judgment until Google finally decides to roll it out to my region 😊. A couple of things I really like though: being able to scroll instead of having to click "See all" every time your game or capture isn't in the first 3 slots and also being able to see public parties and jump into or start your own without having to actually start the game.

Last edited:

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Looks nice. I did think that Stadia had the best UI/UX of all the streaming platforms tbh. Xcloud is functional, GeForceNOW is dreaful.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Havent used Stadia in a while, hope they drop some free months of Pro for existing users for the Holidays.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I'd love to try it out. But Google wasn't accepting my money for either the controller bundle at launch or a sub even today because of my location. Ended up going for GeForce Now and xCloud instead that are fine with my location.

The UI looks nice though.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Damn, new UI that's only going to be seen for 3 months. That sucks, I feel bad for the team involved with making it

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
things changed fast...updating the UI to announcing closing and refunding all purchases done through the Google Store.
Maybe it was one of those, "we will be announcing closing things down later so lets just have the UI we've worked on out before then"

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I'm really glad the people who have spent the last three years shitting on Stadia at every possible opportunity are enjoying this news so much.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
What did they update? Added a notification that they are shutting down?

Feels bad for the devs. Seems like they are blindsided.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad the people who have spent the last three years shitting on Stadia at every possible opportunity are enjoying this news so much.
blame the people who actually had a hand in this botched roll out and underwhelming offering.
act like people wouldn't have wanted what was promised if there was a real sincere effort and they weren't always expecting the eventual Google ignore.

unless you want to share the misery and spread the pain in which case, do carry on.