• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
"Google says that the future of streaming technology is much more than video. It has partnered with Ubisoft to build a demo of Project Stream around the upcoming Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Unlike video, a game requires extremely low latency for direct control of the experience in real time. Buffering and graphical errors that might be acceptable with video aren't going to fly when playing a game."

"Project Stream isn't necessarily limited to games, but that's where Google is starting. You can sign up to try Project Stream when the service launches on October 5th, but this is a limited time test. Google doesn't say how long it will last, but you'll be able to play Assassin's Creed Odyssey for the duration free of charge. You need to have at least 25Mbps of download bandwidth to use Project Stream."

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...stream-will-let-stream-high-end-games-chrome/

https://projectstream.google.com/aco/signup

https://blog.google/technology/developers/pushing-limits-streaming-technology/

Edit: can a mod edit the title to Android Police please
Edit 2: beaten and can be closed if need be https://www.resetera.com/threads/go...ases-assassin’s-creed-odyssey-gameplay.72097/

Last edited:

Zeroneo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The first link is a referral. Why?

I'm guessing that this will end up being similar to Rainway but with a Nvidia Shield-like service instead of streaming your own games.

Time Loop

Feb 2, 2018
I hope there will be old games from retro consoles. Dreamcast, Saturn, PSX, PS2 - it would be really awesome.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
i probably should have signed up at home where my connection is way better than work. hopefully they haven't secretly pulled stuff from here to decide.

OP
OP
defaltoption

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
The first link is a referral. Why?

I'm guessing that this will end up being similar to Rainway but with a Nvidia Shield-like service instead of streaming your own games.
Just noticed actually not sure, it leads to the sign up link below, it's from the article. If you don't want to click it the link below is the sign up oage without it

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Unless they add steam, gog, and battle.net like GeForce now it's just going to be a worse version of GeForce now

Guymelef

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
What's the point launching a direct feed video for a streaming game?
Show me another cam with somebody playing and we can judge input lag, etc...

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
25 Mbps isn't that high for many Western European countries. The future is now, ladies and gentlemen.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I'll sign up just to see how bad this runs on my internet, lol. Though it'd sure be something if it ran well.

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
Registered. After watching the Phil Spencer interview with Giant Bomb at E3 I started to lighten up a bit toward this whole streaming thing.

I am excited to see the tech develop as I believe it really is the next paradigm shift for the medium - perhaps even more so than VR. The potential for new audiences with no hardware paywall is astounding.

Goronmon

Nov 9, 2017
Well, this is Google, any bets on how long before this service shuts down? Six months, a year?

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Well, this is Google, any bets on how long before this service shuts down? Six months, a year?

Naw, this one will survive.

it's sister app, that does a great job managing your controller configs, allows you to manually port your saves, has a super clean library interface and allows you to resume on any device...THAT ONE will get shut down after 6 months.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish there was a way to set this kind of thing up on your PC so I could stream games running on my PC elsewhere.

PS4 Remote Play is great but still needs to be improved.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Interested to see if Google really has plans to infiltrate high end gaming. They'll need studios, hardware, software, services, etc.

Fascinating times ahead.

BeI

Dec 9, 2017
I can't even get a "good enough" low level of latency when streaming games across my home network (20ms streaming lag), so I dunno how they would manage to do that remotely.