• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vhoanox

Oct 25, 2017
Vietnam
For the most part Netflix seems pretty cheap with their budgets (probably because they value quantity over quality). I remember Bright was supposed to be like this huge studio blockbuster but it's budget is about what those normally cost.

Netflix movies's budget mostly are under $100m.
There are exceptions like Irishman, but they only commit like one really expensive movie a year. After all their runtimes are only 2 to 3 hours while longer tv shows are more important to keeping people subscribes monthly.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah there's no way unless you're James Cameron that Bioshock movie was ever going to be made especially when yeah movies to do with Water is super expensive and for a video game movie when those historically fail and not like a big dumb blockbuster or super hero movie

No studio would have picked this up

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Would it need a massive budget? I guess only the beginning and end would show the CG City of Rapture in all its glory when Jack enters and leaves, I guess most of it could be physical sets, good make up for the splicers and a cool animatronix Big Daddy. There would only need about 4 main actors in it. Maybe they'll be a few expensive flooding sequences but they'll not really important to the main story. You wouldn't need a final fight at the end with the Atlas Shrugged super mutant. (No one will miss that lol)

Bioshock Infinite I think would need a massive budget though.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Would it need a massive budget? I guess only the beginning and end would show the CG City of Rapture in all its glory when Jack enters and leaves, I guess most of it could be physical sets, good make up for the splicers and a cool animatronix Big Daddy. There would only need about 4 main actors in it. Maybe they'll be a few expensive flooding sequences but they'll not really important to the main story. You wouldn't need a final fight at the end with the Atlas Shrugged super mutant. (No one will miss that lol)

Eh if you could cheat Bioshock you could especially cheat infinite especially with today CGI alot easier than Bioshock

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Eh if you could cheat Bioshock you could especially cheat infinite especially with today CGI alot easier than Bioshock
Most of Bioshock is inside, I guess Infinite would need so much green screen, and the war between the vox populi and the Founders sounds really expensive, loads of airships blowing up, sky hookshot action sequences, loads of more actors since Rapture is full of dead bodies or 'splicer' extras.

Oct 27, 2017

I definitely think you could do a cheaper version of it than this. My guess is the problem with that version is it would be in the awkward "mid budget" range no one in Hollywood wants to make anymore, so they were bound to scale up with lots of CGI and huge sets and big stars.