Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yikes, the Song Machine will return in September? Well, at least they're being upfront about the delay. The song's pretty good, though on first listen I still think Aries/Desolé are the best tracks of this record

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a song machine featuring Tame Impala teased some months ago? Where did that go?

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damon was on Annie Mac, talking about Pac Man, he says that this was the final song to be completed before lockdown, but he says that he's been recording with artists through zoom calls, but that those are "some of my favorite experiments, we're really happy with it"

www.youtube.com

Damon Albarn interview - BBC Radio 1, July 2020

Damon Albarn about the new gorillaz single PAC-MAN time featuring ScHoolboyQ. July 20, 2020.

May 26, 2018
Damon was on Annie Mac, talking about Pac Man, he says that this was the final song to be completed before lockdown, but he says that he's been recording with artists through zoom calls, but that those are "some of my favorite experiments, we're really happy with it"

www.youtube.com

Damon Albarn about the new gorillaz single PAC-MAN time featuring ScHoolboyQ. July 20, 2020.

Experiments... I know what that means. A ton of great material we will never hear 😢

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017

www.youtube.com

He says the rest of the songs have a "different atmosphere," and with the preview for the next episode you can already tell that it's looking like a much stranger and more ominous song than we've heard yet. Very excited to see the form these next few songs take.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Love Pac-Man. The beat during the chorus / Q verse is fantastic.

I've really enjoyed all of Song Machine. Damon's still got it man.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
There's a song floating around with Beck. Not sure of the actual title but it's rumoured to be called West Hollywood. It's not part of the Song Machine, but people might still want to check it out. It's a phase 4 or 5 leftover afaik.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
There's a song floating around with Beck. Not sure of the actual title but it's rumoured to be called West Hollywood. It's not part of the Song Machine, but people might still want to check it out. It's a phase 4 or 5 leftover afaik.

Well, actually people don't know if it's not a Song Machine thing, people have uploaded it to YouTube and it gets flagged by Warner as TBC-9, so it could be the ninth song machine track. It's really good honestly, Beck+Gorillaz is something I never knew I needed but damn if it isn't great

shoptroll

May 29, 2018

You have my attention. Hope it actually gets released!

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Seems unlikely that we're going to get 10 episodes before the album (supposedly still) hits in October no?

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
now there's a song featuring St Vincent being sold, recorded in 2017

Hopefully people manage to get it, but I wouldn't get my hopes up

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, gotcha! The snippet got re-uploaded a minute ago btw. You'll know where to find it.
Thanks for letting me know! Can't make out much due to the tag unfortunately, but what I can hear definitely makes me want to lean towards this being Humanz-era over TNN. Can't be too sure though

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
rumored that the next episode is Strange Timez ft. Robert Smith. Supposedly pops up when shazaaming the teaser at the end of episode 5

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 6 should be out on the 9th, or so people think. Episode 7 is likely called Valley of the Pagans ft. Beck

Gonna get real interesting after that. I wonder if the almanac CD will spoil the upcoming episodes? I kind of hope not, cos there's some real cool stuff coming

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Episode 6 should be out on the 9th, or so people think. Episode 7 is likely called Valley of the Pagans ft. Beck

Gonna get real interesting after that. I wonder if the almanac CD will spoil the upcoming episodes? I kind of hope not, cos there's some real cool stuff coming

Damn, cooler than Beck and Roger Smith? This is shaping up to be their best record in a long time.

I initially doubted this monthly schedule, but I read a quote from Damon saying that if a record comes out all songs are mostly forgotten, but if done like this, each song has it's time to shine, and I have to agree with him

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Lookie, lookie...

It's Robert Smith!

Holy shit, can't wait for this.

Semi-related, but have y'all heard The Cure lately? Few months ago on YouTube I randomly stumbled onto a few of their live sets from last year and was shocked by how great they still sound, especially Robert's vocals. It's been so long since their last album, I guess I just hadn't been paying attention to their touring. They did a bunch of big 2019 festivals like Roksilde and Fuji and they really still sound like they're in their prime.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Holy shit, can't wait for this.

Semi-related, but have y'all heard The Cure lately? Few months ago on YouTube I randomly stumbled onto a few of their live sets from last year and was shocked by how great they still sound, especially Robert's vocals. It's been so long since their last album, I guess I just hadn't been paying attention to their touring. They did a bunch of big 2019 festivals like Roksilde and Fuji and they really still sound like they're in their prime.
I saw them at Riot Fest 4 or 5 years back, and they still had it. They didn't struggle to perform one bit.