• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Album up where? I read reports on a tracklist being out there?
Also, Jesus Christ the thing launches in FEBRUARY? WHY MUST YOU TORTURE US THIS MUCH ALBARN

Again, I think this is WB meddling not anything he can control.

What's interesting is they dropped The Static Channel totally and this is the shortest Gorillaz album in a long time. Hopefully there's a deluxe edition with more songs.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
open.spotify.com

New Gold (feat. Tame Impala and Bootie Brown)

Gorillaz, Tame Impala, Bootie Brown · Song · 2022

972263889ffb461203801561f0c631c5.gif

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damon just said on the radio about the release date "Well see that's the thing isn't it these days?, we finished it in May and it's not out until February, it's ridiculous"

Last edited:

Lucent

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the stuff Damon sang here. Compared to the live version, it was very muted. It's basically the same feeling I got from Momentz from the Humanz album. Live sounded great and studio was good but lost some of the energy.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little disappointed in the stuff Damon sang here. Compared to the live version, it was very muted. It's basically the same feeling I got from Momentz from the Humanz album. Live sounded great and studio was good but lost some of the energy.

I felt the same thing about Cracker Island, might be a tad biased since I saw it live personally, but I love the echoes he has when he sings it live.

Lucent

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I felt the same thing about Cracker Island, might be a tad biased since I saw it live personally, but I love the echoes he has when he sings it live.
Yeah I haven't heard it live in person, but the Live videos with good quality are great. Charger looked amazing Live. Damon seemed to go insane playing that one lmao. I think Cracker Island is still amazing either way. I'm happy with it and that music cider is great. Wish Tame Impala got more than just being the chorus and mirroring Damon. I think a back and forth with Bootie Brown would have been great.

Wurst

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus, February?!

Didn't some folk get the full version of FIFA 23 available today by mistake? Wouldn't that mean that somebody could leak Baby Queen?

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
I dont know why they don't just do a digital album release alongside preorders for physical copies that feature bonus tracks

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Kind of disappointed with the deluxe editions here but considering the $70 one even though I have no way to play vinyl currently. That wait tho, man. Track list got me hype and I'm sure it's gonna be great. Happy to finally have it announced at least.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I wonder how much Damon got edited down to 10 tracks on the main album. This is the shortest main Gorillaz album yet so I'm kinda worrying, ngl.

I have some random thoughts when listening to New Gold and smoking pot. Cracker Island seems to be tackling a ton of USA-specific issues from an LA lens, specifically the late 60s and early 70s. Cracker Island is this, our conspiracy-laden country, filled with Q-Anon to the granola tin foil fanatics. Damon loves picking guests for his projects that fit a mold, so Stevie Nicks and Thundercat make a ton of sense to hit the psychedelic rock and disco of the era. Beck's inclusion on the album is fascinating, he felt like a one-off fun collab. Since Beck is a well-known LA artist I do find it weird frequent collab Snoop isn't on here either.Oh well.

Jamie of course loves his evil shit, so this time frame also aligns with Charles Manson and Helter Skelter. Cults, death, psychedelia, and the growing fear of domestic terrorism is the mood of the era. I'm surprised Damon didn't name a song "Weather Underground" ffs. The album cover reminds me of 60s and 70s era band album covers - everyone posing in some sort of field or such. I hope they do some fun foil on the light beams.

This album will likely be the shortest but possibly the most distilled Gorillaz album yet. I'm excited to see what is up next.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I just downloaded the FIFA 23 trial to hear Baby Queen and it's pretty great on a better quality, you'd think that they'd put the track out if you can literally listen to it there, but oh well, I guess the rollout for this record will keep being dumb.
Also on topic, Stevie Nicks said on an interview that she agreed to participate on the Gorillaz song if she was "made into a Gorilla" herself, which she claims they are doing that "right now" so I reckon that has to have a video on the way as well

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I just downloaded the FIFA 23 trial to hear Baby Queen and it's pretty great on a better quality, you'd think that they'd put the track out if you can literally listen to it there, but oh well, I guess the rollout for this record will keep being dumb.
Also on topic, Stevie Nicks said on an interview that she agreed to participate on the Gorillaz song if she was "made into a Gorilla" herself, which she claims they are doing that "right now" so I reckon that has to have a video on the way as well

Taking it they'll animate her like Elton John.

trappedinsap

Jul 26, 2019
Saw them last night in Alpharetta GA.

I've been listening to Gorillaz ever since seeing the video for Clint Eastwood on MTV in 2001, and this was my first time seeing them live. Incredible show, I had tears in my eyes for so much of it! So much joy! Even here at the end of the tour they sounded amazing.

Looking forward to the new album!

Yuli Ban

Feb 1, 2021
I love how active Gorillaz have been in the past five years. I still remember when they went five years between albums with virtually nothing done in that time.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I love how active Gorillaz have been in the past five years. I still remember when they went five years between albums with virtually nothing done in that time.

We're in another golden era, plus it feels like Jamie is more free to do his own thing with the characters too away from Damon (see: art book). That could lead to some fun new stuff when Damon is off chasing Blur/solo albums/operas/etc.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
It's a lovely song, I like that many of the tracks are chill and cool, I personally can't wait to have a studio version of Possession Island, I want that track so badly I already tabbed out the chords and play it on a regular basis, but I want a better recording of it.

Spesi

Apr 26, 2022
Finland
Gotta say, these new singles have been pretty boring. Not hating or anything, just boring & I'm not feeling the current style. Oh well, hopefully next album will be different.