• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
The "got milk?" campaign from the Washington, D.C.-based Milk Processor Education Program (MilkPEP) is giving football fans the chance to win limited-edition non-fungible tokens (NFTs) featuring Team Milk athletes JuJu Smith-Schuster, Terry McLaurin and Justin Herbert. Now through the end of February, shoppers at grocery stores across the country will have the chance to win instantly or be one of three grand prize winners, MilkPEP said.

The "got milk?" campaign created 15 NFTs varying in rarity, from base cards (3,097 available) and uncommon cards (1,549 available) to rare cards (529 available), super-rare cards (269 available) and one-of-a-kind cards (three available). There are 5,444 chances to win instantly by completing the scratch and win found on participating milk labels, MilkPEP said. Winners will receive a base, uncommon, rare or super-rare NFT to store in their virtual wallets.

www.dairyfoods.com

‘Got milk’ campaign partners with pro footballers for NFT giveaway

The “got milk?” campaign from the Washington, D.C.-based Milk Processor Education Program (MilkPEP) is giving football fans the chance to win limited-edition non-fungible tokens (NFTs) featuring Team Milk athletes JuJu Smith-Schuster, Terry McLaurin and Justin Herbert.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Lmao

The nft market is so flooded with so much crap nobody will sell any of these to anyone. The people who get initially suckered in will find there are no other people to be next in line to buy their junk.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao

The nft market is so flooded with so much crap nobody will sell any of these to anyone. The people who get initially suckered in will find there are no other people to be next in line to buy their junk.
If only there wasn't some boom and bust in the 90s people could look at and learn from

Too bad, it's all so comically similar

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I just bought the Milk NFT, if I catch any of you dipping your oreos I'm coming after you.

Phatmanny

Nov 14, 2017
I love this, it's so indicative of how terrible nfts are. It's literally all supply and no demand.

there is literally no barrier of entry to make an nft, and the market is just so damn saturated that every time I see a new brand or org make an nft, it just further devalues the novelty of it.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017

polish-dancing-cow.gif

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I love this, it's so indicative of how terrible nfts are. It's literally all supply and no demand.

there is literally no barrier of entry to make an nft, and the market is just so damn saturated that every time I see a new brand or org make an nft, it just further devalues the novelty of it.
it's like nobody ever even considers that the digital nature of NFTs kind of devalues the collectability of this garbage? A mint condition chintzy promotional item from 1947 is interesting in part because it's so rare to see an old trivial thing in such good condition. Who is actually supposed to care about owning a certificate to Rare Milk JPG #001 that will exist in perpetuity on the blockchain? Why is it valuable?

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
it's like nobody ever even considers that the digital nature of NFTs kind of devalues the collectability of this garbage? A mint condition chintzy promotional item from 1947 is interesting in part because it's so rare to see an old trivial thing in such good condition. Who is actually supposed to care about owning a certificate to Rare Milk JPG #001 that will exist in perpetuity on the blockchain? Why is it valuable?
Because it's one of a kind!!!!
except when it's not

AstroLad

Oct 31, 2017
Makes sense they're both incredibly destructive to the environment, especially dairy, so might as well join forces

Triggs

May 3, 2019
On one hand, nfts are wasteful, pointless, generally scams, and I would argue harmful to society as a whole. On the other hand, this thread is already really funny, so it's impossible to say if they're good or bad.

Oct 27, 2017
At least 90% of people aren't going to the effort of registering a purchase online, scratching a ticket and all that. Getting even 10% of people to care is optimistic, especially for some virtual card you look at once and then never again. Not to mention NFT, having/starting a virtual wallet and all that bullshit.