• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. I really like the show & the characters how they are. A revamp of everything or too many drastic change might cause the show to lose it's wacky charm that it has going on.

I'll still give it a watch & see how it goes if it does get renewed.
They say the characters will be still there so yeah it's pretty confusing what exactly they mean regarding what will change. I'm thinking they're describing changes around them and how the characters will probably have to do things differently, rather than that they'll be actually different. I agree though, that's the one thing I worry about as I love the characters and the tonal mix of the show.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Two weeks? Why? Didn't we wait long enough between the fall finale and the next episode?

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else noticed a big bald spot on David Mazouz's (Bruce) left temple during the scene on Wayne Manor with Barbara and Tabitha?

Was it a wig issue?

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
I fucking knew Jeremiah wouldn't be the Joker just yet.

Waiting 2 weeks sucks a lot.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say I didn't really like this ep too much... a lot of resetting shit, undoing deaths, alliance skipping back and forth, and Barbara's ego is hilarious, The Riddler's in love with Lee's virus ladened dark side was meh
The only saving grace was Ra's line at the end about forging Bruce into a Dark Knight of Gotham

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I liked this episode and damn I like this Ra's so much. I still don't really like the Lee part, but Ed saying in the hallucination "You won't know where you will end and I will start" imo foreshadows that The Riddler will be a single entity at some point.

And that ending. I need S5. Oh god I need it so much.

Oct 25, 2017
So are they truly fusing the characters of Two Face and Riddler?

At this point it would be redundant to have two villains with the same split personality issue.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Two Face, they already have a Harvey Dent on the show since the earlier seasons... I guess they are gonna wait to make him turn, unless the actor they picked is not cut out for the role ultimately

just_one

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This show better be renewed! dont fuck this up America!

On a curious note i´ve got an app(called TV Time) to follow which shows i see and to mark to episodes i´ve seen and they update the gotham section with a season 5 entry

Episodes are :

E1 - Year One: The Jokers Wild
E2 - Year One : Misty Apart a Place
E3 - Year One : Fear
E4 - Year One : The Demise
E5 - Year One : Crusader

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Finally saw the Rocket Launcher episode in Season 2 lol.

Best thing this show has done with the Batman Mythos imo (spoilers follow for season 2)

Having Prof. Strange implement these personas in some of the villians is a really great twist. Having people like the Mad Hatter feels alot more plausible with this idea. Its actually really smart, at least for this shows world.

Also just saw the Court of Owls tease in one of the later Season 2 episodes. Hope they are the big overarching villain for Seson 3, but are handled alot better than the Galavan stuff from season 2.

Oct 25, 2017
This show better be renewed! dont fuck this up America!

On a curious note i´ve got an app(called TV Time) to follow which shows i see and to mark to episodes i´ve seen and they update the gotham section with a season 5 entry

Episodes are :

E1 - Year One: The Jokers Wild
E2 - Year One : Misty Apart a Place
E3 - Year One : Fear
E4 - Year One : The Demise
E5 - Year One : Crusader

Yeah, I watch the series in an online page and it has the same titles. I can't find their source on them, though...

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Best thing this show has done with the Batman Mythos imo (spoilers follow for season 2)

Having Prof. Strange implement these personas in some of the villians is a really great twist. Having people like the Mad Hatter feels alot more plausible with this idea. Its actually really smart, at least for this shows world.

Also just saw the Court of Owls tease in one of the later Season 2 episodes. Hope they are the big overarching villain for Seson 3, but are handled alot better than the Galavan stuff from season 2.
You are going to enjoy this show

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gordan story was a nothingburger. Riddler seems all over the map with the side taking but at least he's good in the role.

Barbara continues to be awful. I was excited they might finally do something with her with the new twist but nah...then again she still acted like she's all that when she hasn't earned it but maybe giving her a little more of an arc would have helped. Doesn't matter now, as someone posted it was just a big reset across the board. IT all felt cheap.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, was rather annoyed with her storyline and her self-absorption with the Demon's Head thing... probably my least fave thing of that whole ep

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Lee throwing herself into the Narrows thing now makes more sense, once Riddler mentioned the virus still being a part of her.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017

Oh yes, I still remember that, that rocket launcher scene was godly lol.

Keep enjoying the rest of this greatness :)

Yeah, having Hugo Strange do that all season with multiple characters was great, and BD Wong was so damned good in the role. He felt like he was so into it.

Lee throwing herself into the Narrows thing now makes more sense, once Riddler mentioned the virus still being a part of her.
Yeah. I'm glad they mentioned something.

I liked this episode and damn I like this Ra's so much. I still don't really like the Lee part, but Ed saying in the hallucination "You won't know where you will end and I will start" imo foreshadows that The Riddler will be a single entity at some point.

And that ending. I need S5. Oh god I need it so much.
Yeah, this Ra's is awesome. Also the tone/effect on Alexander Siddig's voice when he was only halfway back was great.
The Lee part is a bit weird but I'm enjoying what Ed and Riddler have had to deal with in response to the Lee thing. Like, I liked how Riddler's side was like, I'm going to get rid of Lee, and Ed's side was like, no you won't, and then we get to the twist. I liked how Ed was now messing with Riddler back after Riddler did it to him, and yeah that was a great foreshadowing line from Ed.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really love this show, it has a Burton/TAS feeling that I love plus it just does it's own thing. I really hope we get a season 5. I hope they let the joker alone for a bit and let Bruce continue his training
This. This show is such a great mix of everything and yet also does its own thing confidently at the same time somehow. We need to keep going and see Bruce keep progressing like this. I really like David's Bruce (and this Alfred).

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Ra's now seems 100 times more menacing than he did in the early part of the season. Well done.

I'm digging the Lee and Riddler arch for as long it lasts. Glad some version of bad Lee is back.

mm04

Oct 27, 2017
Lee is so friggin' hot with her villainess look. I honestly like what they're doing with Ed / Riddler. We know he's being used. He knows it. He just don't give an F.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alex Siddig is so thin and frail looking... so when they changed his voice, and had him wear those robes, he legit was more scary and intimidating

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I hope next season they need to start building Bruce up to Batman

Maybe meet Zatara to learn to become an escape artist.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Just read about what they have planned for the finale of this season. It sounds super exciting and can't wait to catch up now lol.

—-

Bruce is a cool character to have on the show, but at some point they need to send him away from Gotham to begin his training abroad. Similar to the beginning of Batman begins, accept he's gone for years. Atleast have him getting ready to leave on the very very last episode. They are trying to rush his Batman Origin way too soon.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
Alex Siddig is so thin and frail looking... so when they changed his voice, and had him wear those robes, he legit was more scary and intimidating

That and getting to see what he can do when they make it clear it's a diminished state improved his sense of presence when he's back to normal.

Oct 25, 2017
Just read about what they have planned for the finale of this season. It sounds super exciting and can't wait to catch up now lol.

—-

Bruce is a cool character to have on the show, but at some point they need to send him away from Gotham to begin his training abroad. Similar to the beginning of Batman begins, accept he's gone for years. Atleast have him getting ready to leave on the very very last episode. They are trying to rush his Batman Origin way too soon.
Honestly my wish/idea for more of the expanded training done for Gotham would have been establishing that Bruce has learned everything possible from Alfred,
Gotham and Wayne Enterprises is hosting a world martial arts tournament, a young cute girl a few years older than Bruce comes over and introduces herself(Sandra Wu-San) while thanking him for the hospitality, she's a tad flirty and Bruce is into it, she goes on to win the entire thing while Bruce watches enticed,
Alfred being cheeky but serious offers her a job training with Bruce, she basically trains him for a majority of a season.
She eventually offers to introduce him to her master... Sensei who congratulates "Lady Shiva" for her work as the season ends.
Following season Bruce trains with them for an arc before being promoted to the League of Shadows, later finding out this was all set up by Ra's to get the son of Gotham as one of his knights.
eventually basically Batman Begins happens but more depth and inclusion of stuff like Talia.

Last edited:

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I want my season 5 announcement but the ratings keep dropping. Not sure if something is airing that is cutting off the ratings or something else. A lot of my Thursday shows have become unusually low in ratings.