• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Glad it got season 5 even if it ends up being short. Here's hoping Warner Bros shops it around to another network if they want to keep it going or perhaps add it to their streaming network. They would have a dedicated and built in audience if they moved it there even for a shorter season 6+.

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
YESSSS! Yeah man, it's a good day! :)

Glad it got season 5 even if it ends up being short. Here's hoping Warner Bros shops it around to another network if they want to keep it going or perhaps add it to their streaming network. They would have a dedicated and built in audience if they moved it there even for a shorter season 6+.
Agreed, I think a good portion of their dedicated audience (if that's enough) would follow if they can, if they do want to keep going into the next phase of the story after this is over.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
415994986329538570.png

Freddy=Legend

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 29, 2017

CW chomping at the bit to have Batman in the Arrowverse. ;) I'd actually find it hilarious if Gotham's Earth was yet another in the CW multiverse.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'm incredibly thrilled at us getting renewed for a 13-episode final season. Now I must catch back up with the 7 episodes I'm behind. Gonna do it today and tomorrow.

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yas! <3

Now we only need a proper ending. Please be similar to Person of Interest which managed to wrap pretty much everything up in a satisfying way. <3

luca

Oct 25, 2017
S04E15: The Sinking Ship, The Grand Applause
Finally getting into it again. I'm curious about Barbara's voices in her head. I also like her new hairstyle. And oh boy, what am I looking at? An adult baby carehome? Very interesting, and Penn there too! Cool to see Mr. Freeze back at it too, and you know what, Zsasz and Headhunter teaming up is the best duo of any television show! Man Sofia is gone... dammit. I really do dislike Lee. Oh lmao she's just in a coma. Only on Gotham.

S04E16: One Of My Three Soups:
Madman's back I figure. Damn, it was actually insane how he made a wrecking ball fall down on a couple. Like, some crazy shit. Kinda wish they had gone all out and made all of the people on the rooftops jump. Anyway, Scarecrow's back too, and I'm actually very surprised at how small a role he's had throughout the season, having in mind how they played him up to be the big topic of the season, or for an arc. But it seems like they've backtracked not knowing what to do with him. Jerome, Jerome, Jerome, I really dunno, never been a fan and I'll leave it at that. I did enjoy his stint at the restaurant though, with the whole dinner the title of the episode is referring too. Also, Barbara getting to command her own sisters of the league is something else. I'm really tired of league of shadows and assassins and stuff like that in these comic book shows, so I'm kind of really eh on her arc right now. I take it these coming episodes will lean heavy on Jerome.

Got 5 more episodes and I'll be caught up. Maybe I'll watch two episodes a day and I'll be ready for the finale. I see it happens on May 17.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
S04E17: Mandatory Brunch Meeting
This episode feels a lot like filler, but I'm liking it nonetheless. I actually like that all of these major goonies are out and about and led by Jerome. And though I'm really not a big fan of the Jerome character, and thinks he brings down the show a notch, I can appreciate Cameron Monaghan's acting anyway, cause he is doing good at distinguishing Jeremiah and Jerome. And hell, there's two of these "clowns" now? Damn. The action was good between hypnotized Ecco and Gordon too. The best part about this episode to me personally is Riddler though. It's my favorite Batman villain and the set design and scenery is just so well made. And the riddle given to Lee was genius lol, she so smart huh. Really liked how she was appealing to Ed and getting him to give her the answer like that. Hmm, Lee totally taking advantage of Ed Nygma. Ugh I don't like this, wake up Riddler and do something about this! And I'm not looking forward to more Jerome, but at least that little gathering with Scarecrow gassing the citizen was pretty nicely done.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Gotham S04E18: That's Entertaining
I'm enjoying this one quite a bit. I may not like Jerome, but this plan is fun to watch play out. And damn he is merciless. It was really nicely filmed when they showed Jerome on camera speaking to the audience, and then blowing off the head of one of the hostages in the background. That was very much in tone with the Batman franchise like anything else on this show. Though, I'm not sure that I like Barbara's current arc. Her becoming the head of League of Shadows and calling it her home. I liked it more when she were some kind of proto-Harley Quinn. That car Bruce got from Alfred was super slick. Wish we could get some car chases through Gotham with it but they are probably not gonna go there. I guess they could go there with next season, when they turn Bruce more into the caped crusader, let's see. And boy, I totally knew the "Joker" wasn't done here, but I kinda like their solution of intoxicating his brother to carry on the philosophy. And two factions of the League of Shadows? Hmm, kinda glad there's this one other side who thinks Barbara is an imposer and still are in contact with Ra's. I love that Joker was basically born on Bruce's birthday. And that blimp was really well made, and the zoom out of Penguin inside of it. This show continues to stun me visually.

Next few episodes are gonna be interesting. I'm actually looking forward to how Jeremiah's Joker is gonna develop.

The last three episodes of the season is its own arc right?

Last edited:

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
He needs to be main cast next season.

He just needs to.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So Gotham gets cancelled, but WB wants to do an Alfred spin-off show? Smh.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/05/16/alfred-pennyworth-tv-series-epix/

Hope this means that higher ups were atleast happy with the series and want to do more with it in the future. Really hope we get something on the upcoming DCU streaming service along the lines of Gotham Central. Excited to see the Metropolis show from the Gotham people, but would be much more interested in more GCPD stuff.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Top bad it's not this show's Alfred... I really would like to have seen his past they hinted at so much in the earlier seasons

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey, at least Gotham gets to go out with one final season... no wonder it's getting cancelled... for these other Gotham related shows.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell are they going to add
Orphan? It makes no sense chronologically.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell are they going to add
Orphan? It makes no sense chronologically.
TIMESKIP SON

Or they make her a contemporary of Bruce's rather than a ward. Or she's even more of Tykebomb than usual and even age 10 she's still taking names. There's options.

Deleted member 2842

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This final form looks pretty good.
Think I overall preferred Jerome though

Edit: give me Jeremiah's looks plus Jerome's personality

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Ra's just staring away.

Oh hey, I know that actor.

This final form looks pretty good.
Think I overall preferred Jerome though

Edit: give me Jeremiah's looks plus Jerome's personality
Yeah, Jerome brought the fun side and really stole all his scenes. Though Jeremiah's pretty good too.

I assume they intend to develop him to combine the two