• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Now breaking, huge news... no deal here we go

The Queen will be asked by the government to suspend Parliament days after MPs return to work - and a matter of weeks before the Brexit deadline.

The BBC's political editor, Laura Kuenssberg, says it will make way for Boris Johnson's new administration to hold a Queen's Speech - laying out the government's future plans - on 14 October.

But it means MPs are unlikely to have time to pass any laws that could stop the prime minister taking the UK out of the EU without a deal on 31 October.

A No 10 source said: "It's time a new government and new PM set out a plan for the country after we leave the EU."

ps3ud0

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gutless...

Look Brexiteers this is how you got your wish, hope you revel in the glory...

ps3ud0 8)

OP
OP
Garfield

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Boris was going to have to do something like this after yesterday's pact from opposition MP's

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
We're so doomed. I can really feel the doom.

I'm going to London in an hour, I wonder if it'll be on fire when I get there?

Hellers

Oct 27, 2017
He's taking a big risk there given he probably doesn't have the votes to pass a Queen's Speech. Something he needs to do to restart parliament and continue to govern.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Hold on.

Doesn't this imply that Boris could also pass a deal (instead of just "no deal") without any obstacle?

I'm a bit lost here.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
So he is basically throwing away democracy at this point

I guess the Tories have been doing that for years but even still

OP
OP
Garfield

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Hold on.

Doesn't this imply that Boris could also pass a deal (instead of just "no deal") without any obstacle?

I'm a bit lost here.

He has loaded his gun against the EU, he believed as you will know that the EU think parliament won't allow a no deal, so he is taking the U.K. on a 'let's play chicken' who dares blink first

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Laughing at all constitutional lawyers saying the UK model of having no written constitution is superior to having one. What a shitshow

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck.

Will today be the day the pound reaches parity with the euro, or will it still take a little longer, let's find out!

OP
OP
Garfield

Garfield

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Let's not forget..

Brexit is about to be decided by the high court.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So the idea of this is to prevent the remainers from passing a law that would stop No deal?

Since this is the option that the non Labour remainers have asked for instead of the VONC option that Corbyn suggested, does this move by Borris mean that the non Labour remainers will have no choice now but to support a VONC since its the only option left now?

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I dare say someone in Number 10 thinks they've pulled off a spectacular political coup de theatre here.

I wonder whether or not this might sharpen minds for the brief time that Parliament is actually going to sit.

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boris,on behalf of the scientific health industry, go fuck yourself you fucking asshole.
If she wants to no longer be Queen, sure.
Pretty sure forcing her to abdicate would require some kind of threat from parliament , and I don't think they will be cooperative if Boris tried.