GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany

View: https://twitter.com/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/1573541667025526784

The cars are the Volkswagen ID.R:
id-r-nordschleifen-rekord_0.jpg

The Porsche VGT Spyder:

View: https://twitter.com/Porsche/status/1572618055062097922?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1572618055062097922%7Ctwgr%5Eaa1c6c5470ad99a63cf2613035ec0952bb6b053a%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gtplanet.net%2Fgt7-porsche-vision-gt-spyder-20220921%2F

And the third one might be a Nissan Silvia S14:
dca2065f70476c3d9a5fbe59b65b797278545eb4.jpg

Potential new tracks are always announced right before the update drops and full patch notes after!

Mung

Nov 2, 2017
Nice! Awesome that the ID.R is coming.
Like the other cars too.
I'd be surprised if there's a new track. Those were usually alternate months and we had the rallycross circuit last month.

Really happy with the free updates post launch, so many events, menus and cars. Looking forward to what's to come!

Last edited:

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Hoping we get atleast a track and some more events too, really been disappointed with their post launch support so far.

The ability to sell cars is still missing too.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The 3 car per month pace feels kinda slow, but I guess they can't just model cars any faster. Probably no track this month since we got the rally cross and some other variants last month. Hopefully they'll finally add the ability to sell cars, it's long overdue.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Right? The real-person cars are so much more interesting me than the exotic race cars. I'm getting a little worried about the direction of Forza 8 because it sounded like they're going all in on high-end race cars.

This is why I've never gotten into Forza. I wish GT7 was a better CarPG butI love the progression through the classes and license system, and its not just look at all my supercars.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Really don't care about them adding 3 cars at a slow-ass pace. Where's the big updates?

Haven't touched this game in months.

There's so much more they can do with the game.

artsi

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
This is why I've never gotten into Forza. I wish GT7 was a better CarPG butI love the progression through the classes and license system, and its not just look at all my supercars.

But Forza has way more normal cars than GT these days..

Why does Polyphony focus on these fantasy VGT vehicles when a ton of iconic road cars are missing?

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But Forza has way more normal cars than GT these days..

Why does Polyphony focus on these fantasy VGT vehicles when a ton of iconic road cars are missing?
That's good to know! I'm still interested in checking it out, the last time I played was like 5 or 6 early on in the Xbone life cycle and it was all supercars super early in the game so I fell off very quickly.

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
They gotta chill with the VGT cars. The road car selection in this game is so lacking still.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
That's good to know! I'm still interested in checking it out, the last time I played was like 5 or 6 early on in the Xbone life cycle and it was all supercars super early in the game so I fell off very quickly.
5 and 6 had relatively few cars because 5 was on a new engine and they had to drop most of the cars from 4. Since then they've built a much larger library of cars (up to ~600 now I think, up from just ~250 in 5)

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
5 and 6 had relatively few cars because 5 was on a new engine and they had to drop most of the cars from 4. Since then they've built a much larger library of cars (up to ~600 now I think, up from just ~250 in 5)

That's super cool, hopefully there is a progression though and I'm not driving a Mclaren in the first few hours.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Can Monza finally get some races in the career mode? Doesn't it still only have one?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Good selection for two of them, but oh my god I'm so sick of these vision cars

They just look like those early fan made versions of PS4/Xbox 720 cars. Really hideous and most just look the same

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
That's super cool, hopefully there is a progression though and I'm not driving a Mclaren in the first few hours.

Is there actually a problem with the game just making more cars available earlier on, including supercars, allowing players to play the games the way they want to play them?

Personally, I'm sick of this "progression" that I've done countless times already. Let me drive the fast cars.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there actually a problem with the game just making more cars available earlier on, including supercars, allowing players to play the games the way they want to play them?

Personally, I'm sick of this "progression" that I've done countless times already. Let me drive the fast cars.

Well, luckily for you every fucking racing game on the planet outside of GT showers you with fast cars. Not sure why you're complaining about "progression" (the quotes seem pointless?) when every modern racing game I've played gives you a bunch of dope cars very early in the game.

Its OK for people to enjoy having a sense of progression in their games and its ok for people to want to just drive fast cars the whole time. Chill.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, Forza Horizon is like that. "Welcome to the game! Here's a Lamborghini! Have fun!"

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I do enjoy Horizon, a LOT. But it's a totally different kind of game from GT. When I'm watching IRL racing on YouTube or whatever, and I get the itch to drive like that, it's GT that I turn to. Forza (Horizon) just doesn't scratch that itch, no matter how much fun it can be otherwise.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, definitely. I want to enjoy the Forza games but I can never get into them so I just assume theyre not for me.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I still hold that Forza Motorsport 4(not Horizon, don't confuse!) had the best solo career experience. Yes, better than any GT.

GT4 and 6 were alright but the AI was worse than what Turn 10 delivered making events feel like a slog more than a race. GT7 kept that tradition, the ai is still not up to snuff, not to mention everything else wrong with GT7's "career". Biggest bummer of 2022 for me.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017

This is going to sound weird and I know it's not the same subgenre at all, but Forza Horizon is where I look for all the cheap and cheerful street cars now. I know, it's the game that throws seventeen supercars at you at the start of the game; it's not a place you'd go for progression, exactly. But there are some legit cool non-race cars in there that I haven't seen in a GT game in a hot second. They recently put a bog-standard Chinese mini MPV in Horizon 5, fer chrissakes. The 1992 Mazda Familia/323 GT-R hatch hasn't been in Gran Turismo since the PS1 era, but it's in Forza Horizon 5 (albeit as a Car Pass car, so it did cost extra unfortunately). Same thing with the 1991 Nissan Pulsar GTI, except that one I'm pretty sure is in the base Horizon game, not DLC.

Pretty much the only class of vehicle Forza Horizon lacks in compared to Gran Turismo is kei cars. Not that Gran Turismo's doing great in that department either these days, though. I think a bunch of these cars are also in Forza Motorsport 7, but probably not all of them, as racing in smaller/less powerful cars is much less of a focus there.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Man… I hope they are working on a major patch with unlocked frame rate for VRR and other stuff in the background. But still cool that they are adding new content, will jump back in in a few months and then there will be lots of stuff to do I hope.

Full changelog
OP
OP
GTAce

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
Update is out, changelog:
A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

Main Features Implemented

1. Cars
- The following three new cars have been added:
・Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) '94 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 29 September);
・Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
・Volkswagen ID.R '19

2. Café
- The following Menu Book has been added:
・Menu Book No. 45: 'The Silvia Sisters' (Collector Level 27 and above);
- The following two Extra Menus have been added:
・Extra Menu No. 8: 'Collection: Corvette' (Collector Level 20 and above);
・Extra Menu No. 9: 'Collection: Mid-engine Porsche' (Collector Level 45 and above;

The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

3. World Circuits
- The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
・Silvia Sisters
- Willows Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
- Tsukuba Circuit
- Deep Forest Raceway Reverse
・Japanese FR Challenge 450
- Autopolis International Racing Course
・American Clubman Cup 700
- Trial Mountain Circuit
・World Touring Car 800
- Tokyo Expressway East Clockwise

'World Touring Car 800' will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending.

4. Scapes
- The 'California II' and 'Tokyo II' locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.

5. Livery Editor
- Added six MAZDA SPIRIT RACING logo decals. These can be selected in the Livery Editor when the current car is a Mazda.

Other Improvements and Adjustments

1. Lobby / Meeting Place / Sport
- Improved network connectivity;
- Fixed an issue wherein the car would not move again if stopped using the handbrake in the pitlane during a Practice on the Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Rallycross Layout;
- Fixed an issue wherein the 'My Record' time displayed during a race would be incorrect in an Online Time Trial;
- The cursor will move to 'Exit' when pressing the cancel button in the Quick Menu. When selecting 'Exit' the dialogue 'Do you want to quit?' will now be displayed.

2. Race Screen
- Fixed an issue wherein the refuelling indicator would be incorrect in races with fuel consumption enabled.

3. Licence Centre
- Fixed an issue wherein the ghost car would be positioned in a different starting position to the player if 'Display Demonstration Ghost' was turned on in Licence 'S-8' and 'S-10.'

4. Car Settings
- Changed the calculation of the Performance Points (PP) in 'Car Settings' so that measurements are taken with stock Differential Gear (LSD) and Suspension settings.

5. Garage
- Fixed an issue wherein changing the settings of the current car in 'Garage' would cause that car to be listed at the top even when the sorting order was set as 'By Date Acquired';
- Fixed an issue wherein the sorting order was incorrect when 'Last Used' was selected from the 'Change Car' menu.

6. Steering Controllers
- Added support for the Logitech® G PRO Racing Wheel;
- Added a button configuration menu for the Fanatec® Podium in 'Options' > 'Controllers';
- Added the ability to connect to a different shifter from the one currently being used for Fanatec steering controllers;
- Added rotary encoder support for Fanatec steering controllers. (Models which feature rotary encoders such as the Clubsport Steering Wheel Formula V2 can be used);

7. Others
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo 7!
www.gran-turismo.com

Update Details (1.23) - Aktualisierung - Gran Turismo 7 - gran-turismo.com

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.Main Features Implemented1. Cars - The following three new cars have been added:  ・Nissan Silvia K's Type S (S14) ’94 (Purchasable at 'Legend Cars' from 29...

Deadman

Oct 29, 2017
The VGT and the IDR are unusable in any race that uses fuel - so most of them. Lucky to get 2 laps before they are out of power. Great.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
This game has taken such a hit from my backlog. I gotta get back to it eventually.

ElukiaTV

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
So.. how many hours of grinding to get this cars this time.. or have they done something to fix the car prices since the last controversy?

pikachuizgod

Apr 19, 2019
still no way to sell cars

6 months since they said we'd get the ability to do that in the 'near-term'

especially considering the playstation store description said you could sell them up and STILL says it

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
We got Watkins Glen a few months ago, but of course the thunder to that was stolen immediately as Assetto Corsa Competizone got it around the same time.

At least they added six races this update. Finally addressing how dripfeeding the updates have been, but the game still has massive holes. How many types of cars are still functionally useless for the career mode stuff? Where's selling cars? Just by datamining alone if they follow the car release format they have updates every month for a number of years, but the issue has never been cars, it's been content around the cars the game already has. No racing location in this game should just have one race in the career mode, and it's not just Monza that is victim to this either.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
We got Watkins Glen a few months ago, but of course the thunder to that was stolen immediately as Assetto Corsa Competizone got it around the same time.

I forgot about Watkins Glen but it still seems like that have little to no intention of adding new tracks whatsoever.