• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017

TrojanAg

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
How many microtransactions will I need to pay to watch this movie?

Lee Morris

Oct 28, 2017
That feels like a very short turn around. They must be done with pre production and ready to shoot soon.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Honestly, this is probably about the best way to make a movie with Gran Turismo attached to it. Otherwise it's just Ford V Ferrari or something similar.
Yeah, honestly it's sort of an obvious spin on a classic sports movie setup. Unlikely amateur becomes professional, probably with a charming aging movie star guiding him along the track who then dies before the last race. Then we flash forward, the young kid has retired, and we see him pick up a PlayStation controller with his son (named after the dead mentor), and he shows him how to play Gran Turismo. Fade to black, run the credits.

also this is absolutely a tom holland/woody harrelson picture

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing it's about Lucas Ordonez.

AKedOLQQBRbrPVINHaXQTCqAtqFIE0yHHvfJKN9ci_VNri4=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Based on Jann Mardenborough?
www.theguardian.com

How Jann Mardenborough went from Gran Turismo on a PlayStation to being a racing driver

Racing driver Jann Mardenborough on how playing Gran Turismo was the launch pad to his career
Probably on Lucas Ordoñez, since he was the first GT Academy winner and they already tried making a Gran Turismo movie about his story before
www.motul.com

Lucas Ordonez: From couch to track. You can’t press restart when you crash for real!

Motul - News/ The Drum - Lucas Ordonez: From couch to track. You can’t press restart when you crash for real!

Secret Bambino

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 21, 2021
Hmm, even though it's "based on a true story," that plot description kinda sounds like Sony is just kissing its own ass. Depending on how they execute it, it can easily veer into a tacky, glorified advert for the game. But I'll still keep an eye on it, I guess. The idea of a Gran Turismo movie is interesting to me, especially if the movie carries that same obsession for the automobile industry and its history.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
No better time to release a PC port of that racing game but around that .

Sony's transmedia events taking place are a thing to note if you want to predict their upcoming schedule of games.

Either a TV show or a movie coming out or a sequel of another game coming out is decent hint to them releasing 'related game content' to that franchise.

We might get a Director's Cut version of GT7 for PS5 and PC since it would've been more than a year around time next August.

The Omega Man

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Final race for the title is everything turning into GT5 graphics with a voice over "I can do a better time as I did back then!" Cue inspiring song and his days playing Gran Turismo flashback.
He wins, credits roll.
I saved you all a movie ticket go watch SpeedRacer instead.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
For those who will inevitably ask "What the hell is a Gran Turismo movie supposed to be?" -
The premise is simple yet have potential.

GT movie in Ford v Ferrari style would be awesome.

Though what kind of new game to accompany when the film out?

New DLCs?

New Microtransactions? Lol.

Last edited:

NekoCat

May 6, 2022
New York
I was really hoping the movie would be about Luca and the origins of his bizarre cafe that serves menus of cars and is populated only by famous car experts.

Is it an alternate dimension? The afterlife? A figment of Luca's imagination?

So many possibilities.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I was really hoping the movie would be about Luca and the origins of his bizarre cafe that serves menus of cars and is populated only by famous car experts.

Is it an alternate dimension? The afterlife? A figment of Luca's imagination?

So many possibilities.
yeah, I really like that GT Cafe concept. with a few tweak, you can probably make the John Wick of Fast and Furious movies, lol

Evildeadhead

Oct 26, 2017
Blomkamp isn't the first name I'd think of for esport Rocky, but looking at his imdb and it seems Chappie really did a number on his mainstream career.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
I mean... not to doubt that they plan the movie to release in August next year, but it was in "very early development" in May this year, there's no stars attached or any casting done, they havent filmed anything - while i get that GT doesn't need a huge amount of special effects etc... lets just say it seems like a pretty optimistic target and wouldn't be surprised if they're date sitting just a little bit

Edit: Cal Kestis to star? teenage might be a stretch for him now though haha

Last edited: