• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, completely agree with that. I don't have much time to play nowadays and 6-7 days seem to be the sweet spot to let me play with the tuning and master the track

Some tips and advice:
- Always try to take different trayectories, and if you see you're losing time in a corner, try to approach it in a different way
- Use the whole width of the track and be aggresive with the curbs, take full advantage of them
- Explore the limits of your car and the track as well, some corners allow you to put almost your 4 wheels on the grass to go faster
- Always try to prioritize corner exit speed than any other thing when you go into a corner. In Yamagiwa for instance, you could gain around 0.5-1 second in each of the wide left corners if you had a nice exit speed
- I don't know if you're using it, but try to keep TC to a minimum (0 or 1). It's easier to spin and drift that way but once you get used to it you'll go faster in general
- Check the replays of other players and check their braking points and their trayectories, I have learnt a lot using this
- Use different tunings and setups until you find one you're comfortable with. Check GTPlanet for some setups advice
Thank you for the suggestions! I surely need to shape better my approach with the game and these are gold. I'm already using TC to 1 but didn't noticed that great of a difference, but probably it's because there's so much more work to do before that. As setup, I've stiffened suspensions, lowered the car and increased the aero load to max, I can see that now I'm faster on the curves but not by much.

what was your time on kyoto?

Also, I recently purchased the GR3 Porsche, but I can't join GR3 sport races with it. Am I missing something?

I'm around 1:48.100. In previous posts I mentioned 1:47 but was remembering wrong.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
what was your time on kyoto?

Also, I recently purchased the GR3 Porsche, but I can't join GR3 sport races with it. Am I missing something?

It depends what it says for entry regulations. If it says specially provided car(s), you can't enter with your own. If it says garage car(s) you can. Have you tried the Gr. 3 Suzuka race that went up today? That one is with garage cars.

Is it the full Suzuka circuit? Because if its that short one again then 8 laps is nothing.

It's the full track. 46.46 km length!

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
Guys, look at this in-game news item!

Daily Race Now Updating Every Day

From October 31, we will be updating the Daily Race event content every day, We also plan on adding long distance events into the mix to provide more fun content for our players.

We await your participation in the Daily Events!

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Thank you for the suggestions! I surely need to shape better my approach with the game and these are gold. I'm already using TC to 1 but didn't noticed that great of a difference, but probably it's because there's so much more work to do before that. As setup, I've stiffened suspensions, lowered the car and increased the aero load to max, I can see that now I'm faster on the curves but not by much.

I'm around 1:48.100. In previous posts I mentioned 1:47 but was remembering wrong.

No problem! Regarding setups, check MINKIHL's setups from GTPlanet, the guy is a top 10 driver and I always use his setups as reference with really good results (my fastest lap in Yamagiwa was 1:43.3):

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/minkihl-setups.363843/

From October 31, we will be updating the Daily Race event content every day, We also plan on adding long distance events into the mix to provide more fun content for our players.

I know most people will be quite happy about this, but honestly, I'd rather have the 4-5 days rotation. In only one day it's basically impossible to have enough time to master the track and find a good setup (unless you spend the whole day playing lol), and I really liked that feeling of becoming faster and faster and improving your fastest lap over the days

Again, the perfect situation for me would be a 4-5 days rotation with 5 different races

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Some cars are inherently better than others for specific circuits, but 15 seconds is an insane gap lol Which cars/circuit are you refering to?

I was in the Gr. 3 F-type and it looked like the others were in Gr. 1 type cars. Is it possible for a lobby to have more than one Gr. available?

Deleted member 5015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Not wanna offend you, but this is really not a great time. I have TC set to 3 and managed to get a 1.45,500 (ish) time. The best players I've seen managed to get a sub 1.45 time. One tip that helped me a lot was the basic "slow in, fast out" rule. Look at the track layout and try to take corners in a way that gives you the highest top speed on the straights after the corner. The longer the straight, the more speed you wanna carry in from the last corner. Slow in, fast out. Also watching replays helps a lot to get a general feeling of the fastest lane and how much you can actually push the cars.

Edit: also want to mention that I didn't tune the car at all (because I have no idea what I'm doing).

It depends what it says for entry regulations. If it says specially provided car(s), you can't enter with your own. If it says garage car(s) you can. Have you tried the Gr. 3 Suzuka race that went up today? That one is with garage cars.

It's the full track. 46.46 km length!

Hmm, the Porsche is in my garage, I purchased it for 450 000 Credits. Can't take part in the race though.

Last edited:

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
I was in the Gr. 3 F-type and it looked like the others were in Gr. 1 type cars. Is it possible for a lobby to have more than one Gr. available?

Oh, I thought you were talking about Sport races. Lobby rules are stablished by the lobby owner, so I think it's possible to allow for different Gr type cars to participate in the same lobby (a bit silly though)

user__

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that with 'long distance events' they mean the kind we had until now. They would be good to have together with real dailies.

Not wanna offend you, but this is really not a great time. I have TC set to 3 and managed to get a 1.45,500 (ish) time. The best players I've seen managed to get a sub 1.45 time. One tip that helped me a lot was the basic "slow in, fast out" rule. Look at the track layout and try to take corners in a way that gives you the highest top speed on the straights after the corner. The longer the straight, the more speed you wanna carry in from the last corner. Slow in, fast out. Also watching replays helps a lot to get a general feeling of the fastest lane and how much you can actually push the cars.

Edit: also want to mention that I didn't tune the car at all (because I have no idea what I'm doing).
No offence taken rest assured, thanks for the advices! Also, good to know that there's no much need to go crazy with setups for doing a time like that. What car did you use? I'm still with the Mazda.

Last edited:

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
I can't wait for those sweet endurance sport mode races that they mention, so that pit strategy can come into play.

Hmm, the Porsche is in my garage, I purchased it for 450 000 Credits. Can't take part in the race though.

The 911 RSR (991) '17? If that one, then that's weird since I have the option to enter with the one I have purchased.

darkwing

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
No problem! Regarding setups, check MINKIHL's setups from GTPlanet, the guy is a top 10 driver and I always use his setups as reference with really good results (my fastest lap in Yamagiwa was 1:43.3):

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/minkihl-setups.363843/

I know most people will be quite happy about this, but honestly, I'd rather have the 4-5 days rotation. In only one day it's basically impossible to have enough time to master the track and find a good setup (unless you spend the whole day playing lol), and I really liked that feeling of becoming faster and faster and improving your fastest lap over the days

Again, the perfect situation for me would be a 4-5 days rotation with 5 different races

FIA races are for a week I think

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
Hey guys feel free to add me. kincade is tag. Have a few buthings would like as many from the thread as possible. Can't wait to learn these new tracks.

CrayToes

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Just what I wanted to hear!

Deleted member 984

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they keep at least one weekly event (not rally or oval). I really enjoyed the length they were on. I don't always have the time to play but when I did it allowed be to learn the tracks in ways I hadn't before.

My perfect set up would be 5 races total: 3 change daily with fixed set ups. 2 weekly tracks with BoP from your garage with tuning.

I'd also like to see an open practice option for the weekly races, basically just lap with other people of the same class with up to 20 cars on track, doesn't effect your rating but shows when you would incur a deduction if it was real.

Never2fast1

Oct 30, 2017
My quest of all gold, all the time is really slowing down my single-player career. :|

Yeah, I am in the same boat right now. Haven't raced sport mode this week much because I am trying to get gold in all the single player stuff. Spent a half an hour last night trying to shave .1 of a second of my 15 second time to get gold. Was agonizing, but somehow still fun.

Oct 27, 2017
I am ok with Daily Races changing daily as long as they stick with fixed setups, even though I prefer a longer cycle (maybe 3 days?). I wonder how this will affect the quality of racing though, since you may have people with limited time in a rush to jump into races before having really learned a particular track/car. I know with the previous schedule I liked being able to take as much time as I needed to get comfortable and put down consistent, consecutive laps before finally competing.

33-Hit-Combo

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a way to reduce steering lock or boost steering sensitivity on a G29? I can't countersteer at all with 900 degrees of rotation!

Deleted member 12833

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished up Mario so it is time to jump back in. I feel like the competition is getting tougher in this game. My last few races I've just been getting outclassed.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to reduce steering lock or boost steering sensitivity on a G29? I can't countersteer at all with 900 degrees of rotation!

I read somewhere that the functional steering lock varies by car and there is no way to manually adjust it, but I am not 100% sure. I have not found a setting myself.

There is a wheel sensitivity and a torque slider in driver options while racing, it's inside the advanced settings in the bottom of driver options.

These settings are for force feedback and won't affect the steering lock.

Last edited:

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Well at least tunes are locked again. One less meta to chase. I still have to compete against the entire SR S rank pool in all of the Americas for pole position but this slightly increases my odds. More so than the track rotation and the amount of dailies available, the single biggest change that needs to happen to keep me playing is switching to a per session qualifying format. There is plenty of time to bank a few laps between races. Ideally, you match make before you qualify based on previous results, and then get to qualify in a private track session but with the leader board times displayed for everyone in that session instance. It would be so satisfying to actively qualifying against the people you will go on to race in the next session. You know, make it like how qualifying works in the majority of motorsports. Right now it is nothing more than a global TT leaderboard. Shit way to determine the starting grid over and over. Some of those top lap times at Kyoto were by legit aliens, but some others were by people who went high risk for one lap and nailed those chichane limits just right and got to sleep on a top time race after race even though they could barely drive consistently for 4 laps on that same track.

Yopis

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
East Coast
Wish tracks changed every 3 days atleast. With daily change people won't learn the tracks. Had a blast during the week seeing my performance increase.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If I watch a saved video clip (using the Share button) of HDR gameplay, is the clip...
a) representative of what the game looks like in SDR
b) going to look extra weird because it captures the HDRness but is played back in SDR

Never2fast1

Oct 30, 2017
Well at least tunes are locked again. One less meta to chase. I still have to compete against the entire SR S rank pool in all of the Americas for pole position but this slightly increases my odds. More so than the track rotation and the amount of dailies available, the single biggest change that needs to happen to keep me playing is switching to a per session qualifying format. There is plenty of time to bank a few laps between races. Ideally, you match make before you qualify based on previous results, and then get to qualify in a private track session but with the leader board times displayed for everyone in that session instance. It would be so satisfying to actively qualifying against the people you will go on to race in the next session. You know, make it like how qualifying works in the majority of motorsports. Right now it is nothing more than a global TT leaderboard. Shit way to determine the starting grid over and over. Some of those top lap times at Kyoto were by legit aliens, but some others were by people who went high risk for one lap and nailed those chichane limits just right and got to sleep on a top time race after race even though they could barely drive consistently for 4 laps on that same track.

I so agree with this. I am not able to put down that one blazing fast lap, mostly due to time constraints on my end, but I do run 4 very consistent laps. It is fun passing the people who can not run 4 good laps as they spin off the track, but I would love the chance at a pole position once in awhile. It should be before each session, I love the idea of the live qualifying board. Imagine being on the top of that board as time is running out, it would be as nerve racking as leading a race going into the final corner with 2nd on your bumper.

Gunner

Oct 29, 2017
Sooo, just hit the 30 lap Endurance race in mission challenges. Looks like about a 2 minute lap, so this will take at least an hour, assuming no screw ups. Ugh.

I have to say- this game grew on me in a completely unexpected way. Initial impressions were poor- I didn't like the non-traditional approach, I didn't like the car handling, I didn't like the lack of cars...

But I kept playing, kept shooting for those golds. And the more I played the more I looked forward to each accomplishment. THEN I bought a 4k HDR TV and WOW.

Aside from being stunningly gorgeous, the game's campaign structure is now super addicting to me. Just one more gold before bed....

Oct 27, 2017
The Audi TT race was a mistake, mostly SR A people and I'm getting rammed in the first corner and people are going from wall to wall. RIP my SR :(.

Logsi

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from being stunningly gorgeous, the game's campaign structure is now super addicting to me. Just one more gold before bed....

I totally feel you on this. I'm 96% done on golds on the challenges then I'm done. I hate to move on until I have gold. Last few challenges are really long so end up only doing them every now and then.

Yesterday for example I was doing the final Nurburgring challenge that's 4 laps including the GP track. Spun out a few corners before the chequered flag and fell right back down to 11 as I was stuck on walls frantically trying to reverse and get back on track...had to stop there. Gutted.

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I so agree with this. I am not able to put down that one blazing fast lap, mostly due to time constraints on my end, but I do run 4 very consistent laps. It is fun passing the people who can not run 4 good laps as they spin off the track, but I would love the chance at a pole position once in awhile. It should be before each session, I love the idea of the live qualifying board. Imagine being on the top of that board as time is running out, it would be as nerve racking as leading a race going into the final corner with 2nd on your bumper.
Yep, qualifying is another thrilling aspect of racing. I hope they bring it into sport mode asap. Right now it is a time trial system. I am a much better racer than TT driver. My driving style is consistent and easy on the tires, never one lap mega speed. Longer races with more tire wear would be great. Seems like they will be adding longer races soon, so that is good. Longer races need to last multiple days if not all week though. Gonna be hard to figure out what car you want to drive, what tires, what fuel strategy, when to pit, qualify well, all in one day for a longer race.

Ideally I rather have a more iRacing based season system and blocking out entires into races based on rank, but with the current system PD is going for in sport mode I would at least like to see something like this:

- 3 Daily "quick races" basically the format they have now. Races last 7-10 minutes and have a consistent car class. These change every day.
- 2 Weekly "endurance" races. Minimum of 45-60 min race time. One GR._ class one and one N___ class one. You have all week to nail down your strategy and pace.
- 1 Weekly spec race. Single car, locked tunes, the tracks rotate weekly and the car for that spec series rotates every two months. This would be a good place to start testing out a season like system to so who is the "spec race champ" at the end of that cars two month rotation. Race wins alone is not a good enough metric. You need a strength of field system a la iRacing.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Yep.

It's different, but it's not bad. Really addictive. I only need gold in the final driving school test to completely clear it all off.

Then to the missions...

It's addictive.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
I consider myself a decent/good driver in normal circuits, but boy do I suck at rallying. Like, I cannot get my head around how to properly drive a rally car and how to set good times, I've been struggling so hard to get gold on the driving school rally events. The day PD decides to introduce rally events in Sport races I'll be completely fucked lol

gutterboy44

Oct 27, 2017
NY
I consider myself a decent/good driver in normal circuits, but boy do I suck at rallying. Like, I cannot get my head around how to properly drive a rally car and how to set good times, I've been struggling so hard to get gold on the driving school rally events. The day PD decides to introduce rally events in Sport races I'll be completely fucked lol
TC off, set differential to 50/50 and be sure to be sliding through the corners, slow in fast out with late apexes. The hardest thing is getting the car to slide the way you want it. The track surface is just uniformly slidey, no "digging in" is felt.

33-Hit-Combo

Oct 30, 2017
I read somewhere that the functional steering lock varies by car and there is no way to manually adjust it, but I am not 100% sure. I have not found a setting myself.

These settings are for force feedback and won't affect the steering lock.
Thanks! Maybe I should play with driver assists on! I used to play GT5/6 with a cheap wheel that had minimal lock, so countersteering was incredibly easy

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
I just cheesed rally by moving to an automatic transmission and 2 TCS. Rallying in GTS doesn't feel accurate or good at all, and I wish PD had just scrapped it.

OldGit_Gamer

Oct 27, 2017
Rochester, UK.
Yep, qualifying is another thrilling aspect of racing. I hope they bring it into sport mode asap. Right now it is a time trial system. I am a much better racer than TT driver. My driving style is consistent and easy on the tires, never one lap mega speed. Longer races with more tire wear would be great.

Was running 10 lap races last night on my twitch stream with some of my followers with increased fuel consumption and tire wear, was interesting to see the various ways people were taking the race... Flat out and stuff the fuel to super economy mode.

Might try some 15-20 lap ones tonight, was pretty fun!

mcfizzle

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
True Daily Races is a good thing but they should also add 3 Weekly Races as well. I'm sure over time they will give us more variety, though.

LostCanuck

Oct 27, 2017
New member, glad to be here.

Played all GT games (except 6 as I had moved on from PS3) and I was hesitant on picking up GT Sport because of the removal of the old campaign style and the focus on online but the more I thought about how I played GT5 I changed my mind. Most of my time playing GT5 was just grabbing a car and track and running time trials to compare/compete with friends. My only real reason for doing the campaign was for credits which is now doable via a number of others modes (Arcade/Sport) in GTS.

After following forums/streams the past week I decided I might be up for GTS and picked it up last Friday. After playing about 10hours over the last 4 days I'm glad I did. All my time has been spent getting gold on the Driving School and I still haven't touched Missions, Circuit Experience, Arcade mode, Liveries/Scapes and Sport mode.

First, as a number of users have mentioned, the 'style' of the game is fantastic. From the menu music, the car slide show from the home screen and even the colors/fonts in the menus you can tell alot of time went into finding the right feel for every little thing in the game. The first time I leveled my driver and the little 'fireworks' animation happened I couldn't help but smile. I was also happy/surprised to receive a b-day gift the other day. Friends/colleagues were asking me what I got for my b-day and I was able to say "a black Ferrari 458 Italia" =)

Second, driving feels great. Performance even on standard PS4 feels solid. Playing with a controller at the moment as I haven't been bothered to get out my Playseat/T500RS but that will change this week. Kudos also has to go out to the sound team for finally improving the car/driving sounds. Playing this on a 100" screen with home theatre audio system is a treat.

Some things I hope Polyphony will improve on:
- Like others say, more tracks and cars will be nice. The number of real tracks missing is a shame, but I also miss the GT made tracks from past games just as much.
- Although I haven't dipped my toe online yet, I can see the criticism of others on wanting more 'daily' events. More variety (length, tire wear, fuel consumption, pit-stops). I also think adding a time trial challenge system similar to DriveClub could work well here.
- Stats. for a game priding itself on being the 'Real Driving Simulator' I find it lacking in the stats department.
- This could go under stats complaint, but more achievements/tracking. They could take a page from DriveClub here. Ex: x number of miles driven in Ferrari's gets you a Ferrari themed racing suit/helmet. How many miles driven on x track gets you something.

All said, I'm really enjoying the game and even as a mostly 'solo/offline' racer I can see myself spending as much time playing this as I have past GT games. I look forward to what they have in plan for the future.

Gunner

Oct 29, 2017
I totally feel you on this. I'm 96% done on golds on the challenges then I'm done. I hate to move on until I have gold. Last few challenges are really long so end up only doing them every now and then.

Yesterday for example I was doing the final Nurburgring challenge that's 4 laps including the GP track. Spun out a few corners before the chequered flag and fell right back down to 11 as I was stuck on walls frantically trying to reverse and get back on track...had to stop there. Gutted.

Four...laps...of the whole ring?

And I thought the 30 lap endurance was going to kick my ass :/

I have never, and I mean never, enjoyed racing on the ring. Just not my cup of tea.

bud

Oct 27, 2017
i was watching gran turismo 3 videos the other day and... i really miss seattle.

Crash331

Oct 28, 2017

I'm mixed on this. As someone who doesn't necessarily get to play for 2-3 hours EVERY night, I liked that they lasted a few days. It gave me time to concentrate on learning the car and track and to put in a good qualifying lap. I wish they had one event that was locked to a certain car with no tunes that changed every day and then some more in-depth races that let you tweak settings but they last 3-4 days.

Logsi

Oct 27, 2017

I have never, and I mean never, enjoyed racing on the ring. Just not my cup of tea.

It's not too bad...it's GT3 so the cars are good. The hot lap of the ring to get sub 6:58 or whatever it is was more time consuming.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017

The AI does 2 pit stops and you can do one. Start on hard tires, run a conservative fuel map to make it 3 laps, pit at the end of the third lap and switch to softs. Plus there's no BoP for this race so you can go in with a massive performance advantage.
It's not too bad...it's GT3 so the cars are good. The hot lap of the ring to get sub 6:58 or whatever it is was more time consuming.
Second hardest career event for me. At least I finally know how to drive the Ring in one game!