• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Wohooo we in Video Games now!

Ah ok, I didn't realize that. So Arcade is kind of the replacement of the career mode then?

Kind of, I mean, there are no events or any kind of progression but you can still gain credits/exp/mileage points. You can also fully customize races by choosing whether you want fuel wear or fuel consumption, length of the race, mechanical damage, number of cars, etcetEra

NHale

Oct 25, 2017
Ah ok, I didn't realize that. So Arcade is kind of the replacement of the career mode then?

Not really. You can do any race you want and set the entire ruleset, so if you want to race 2 hours in Bathurst with a N200 car, you definitely can. Also the game rewards you more if you make it harder, so there is a constant incentive for improvement. But the career strucuture is not there.

They can add it of course, they would only need something like championship mode where you added a bunch of races together and start a championship. My offline needs would be completely fullfilled with that (and more tracks....), online since the change for daily rotation is all I need (still waiting for endurance races though!)

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
1.03 update changelog:

Code:
Update Details (1.03)
10/25/2017
An update for Gran Turismo Sport has been released. The following is a list 
of features:

Main Features

- Fixed an issue where repeatedly deleting your email address from [Options] 
> [Email Address] would cause the game to crash;
- Fixed an issue where participating in a Drift Trial with a car featuring an exterior 
livery created with a custom color chip (a color chip created in the Livery editor) 
would result in the game crashing after the result screen;
- Fixed an issue where excessive force feedback was applied when understeering 
using the THRUSTMASTER® T500RS steering controller;
- Fixed -an issue wherein the THRUSTMASTER® TH8A 'H pattern shifter' was not 
properly recognized when connected to a compatible steering wheel controller.

Other improvements and adjustments

- The controller steering sensitivity of the DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller 
has been increased in order to improve handling during oversteering and drifting;
- The adjustment range for a steering wheel controller's force feedback has been 
broadened: it is now possible to decrease maximum torque on steering wheels 
with strong motor torque.
- Various other issues have been addressed.

Thank you for your continued support and please continue 
to enjoy Gran Turismo Sport!

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4522498.html

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do not fear, GHG is here!

I was looking for this in the sub forum and then I did a search and saw it's in the main section now. Glad to see a lot of familiar faces/names, Exciting times.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
Do not fear a GHG is here!

I was looking for this in the sub forum and then I did a search and saw it's in the main section now. Glad to see a lot of familiar faces/names, Exciting times.
Oh hey GHG! Once again thanks for the Racing Discord invite. We were in the Hangout area until this morning. But now we are on main page. Glad to have you here.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao I'm glad I asked the question re: how the hell you get those gears. Learning a ton in that thread.

Edit: still can't get the damn gearing smh

I couldn't match my gearing exactly with that setup either. I'm wondering if it's due to an incorrect metric-English conversion. I wish we could choose which measurement system to use.

Spending way too much time taking pics.
It's not always easy with Scapes though. Sometimes the car looks out of place, you can see too clearly that this is a 3D model and the background is not.

I've found that using subtle filters (or dialing back the effect level) or even playing with the camera options can sometimes make a car sit better in the background. But yeah, there's some images that make the car look really fake no matter what.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh hey GHG! Once again thanks for the Racing Discord invite. We were in the Hangout area until this morning. But now we are on main page. Glad to have you here.

No worries man, discord was actually a nice change of pace. I'd never used it before but I turns out I actually quite like it as a secondary means of communication.

Once everyone is settled we should organise some Era races and timetrials. Having so much fun with this game when everything works as intended.

Dusk

Oct 25, 2017
Glad you found it. Could you put up your screen shots of your tuning for the GTR?

Been trying the Yamagiwa time trials and I just cant get below 1.47 whatever I do. Are people using pad or wheel to achieve those superb times?

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
ftcRvGS.gif

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Do not fear, GHG is here!

Welcome mate!

Glad you found it. Could you put up your screen shots of your tuning for the GTR?

Been trying the Yamagiwa time trials and I just cant get below 1.47 whatever I do. Are people using pad or wheel to achieve those superb times?

I did this morning 1:43.5 using a pad, I'll post my setup later. Feel free to add me as well, I shared a replay of my lap on the activity feed > JJShadow77

Dusk

Oct 25, 2017
I did this morning 1:43.5 using a pad, I'll post my setup later. Feel free to add me as well, I shared a replay of my lap on the activity feed > JJShadow77

Thanks, look forward to seeing and trying your settings. That's a great time you set, don't see how I'm going to get anywhere near that at the moment. Are you using the sticks or motion?

Going to check you lap also, might give me some clues where I'm going wrong

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
Hey GT ERA! It's great to be with you guys again. I was missing you so bad that in the meantime, I decided to gold the entire offline campaign.

Rajang

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
So apparently you can get gifted cars you've already unlocked (through gifting or buying).

Have multiple duplicates because of it. I just have the worst luck with unlocking cars, always the ones I dont want. :(

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't forget about me.

Nobody will be forgotten. If I'm organising (I've not committed, yet...) then I'll make it so that signups are open for about a week so that everybody who wants to can get involved. Then we will need to sort out times/days of the week that will suit everybody.

Worst comes to worst we can also run some weekly time trials in parallel.

So apparently you can get gifted cars you've already unlocked (through gifting or buying).

Have multiple duplicates because of it. I just have the worst luck with unlocking cars, always the ones I dont want. :(

If you get a duplicate of a car you already bought then you can sell the car you already bought to recoup some credits.

But yeh, it's a silly decision to not allow us to sell the cars we've won.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Ah so happy this thread got made. Online races have been updated for the third time since launch now. They have increased the number of laps overall and are experimenting with the car pool sizes, reducing them from 24 to 12.

There's a 10lap Nurburgring race now. That's 20+ min fighting it out.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
is the rubber band trick still work? i dont want to grind to level 20 just to play nurbugring in VR.

JJShadow

Oct 25, 2017
UK/Spain
Thanks, look forward to seeing and trying your settings. That's a great time you set, don't see how I'm going to get anywhere near that at the moment. Are you using the sticks or motion?

Going to check you lap also, might give me some clues where I'm going wrong

This is my setup (credits to MINKIHL from GT Planet), I'm using the Nissan GTR and sticks:

kylBRlE.png

44mPMMS.png

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I've never been able to get into racing games because I suck so bad at them. But I have super fond memories of GT1/2 as a kid and trying for hours on end to get the licenses. Those damn tests would get so hard after a while.

Does this game have that? I think I'd be willing to buy it just for the licensing tests.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
This is so much fun, I don't know why but I really like GT over Forza etc, even when the single player is quite barebones like this.

Have they said if they will add rain conditions for more than that one track? The lighting is so realistic that it might be quite difficult but perhaps they could add it to the cloudy ones without it looking too weird.

gzell60

Oct 26, 2017
Munich
I've never been able to get into racing games because I suck so bad at them. But I have super fond memories of GT1/2 as a kid and trying for hours on end to get the licenses. Those damn tests would get so hard after a while.

Does this game have that? I think I'd be willing to buy it just for the licensing tests.
The entire offline campaign is basically license test after license test. There's a driving school to learn the basics, missions with racing scenarios that require you to overtake cars/win races and circuit experience that allows you to learn all the tracks sector by sector. Going for gold in all of them will take you some hours. It's there to not be thrown into cold water when you participate in online races for the first time.

Blablurn

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Its difficult. But I enjoy this game a lot.

Polyphony are so full of themselves, but I love it. The menus, the sound, the random summaries about what happened in this or that year. Its absolutely bonkers. But I love it.

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
If we aren't using the PSN ID spreadsheet from the old site, someone should make a new one.

Also, Polyphony really need to bring back Laguna Seca. I miss the corkscrew.

Reckoner

Oct 26, 2017
Loving the game. A step in a good direction.

I'm having a bit of trouble now on the Fuel management lesson though as I can't seem to understand how to control the Multi-Function Display.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got this alongside Project Cars 2?

I'm loving that but I also really enjoyed the demo of GT Sport, and my friends have this.

In addition, are there any tasty rumours about upcoming updates?

Prophane33

Oct 25, 2017
尾張国
I'm having a bit of trouble now on the Fuel management lesson though as I can't seem to understand how to control the Multi-Function Display.

Use the D-Pad: Press left or right buttons to switch between things such as the Fuel Map or traction control settings. Use Up and Down to change settings. (hopefully I got this right, not at home right now).

avaya

Oct 25, 2017
London
I haven't been back into GT for a long time, had very little time. GTS rekindled something though, need to sort a wheel out and I'll be game for some ERA races

Reckoner

Oct 26, 2017
Use the D-Pad: Press left or right buttons to switch between things such as the Fuel Map or traction control settings. Use Up and Down to change settings. (hopefully I got this right, not at home right now).
I'm using the GIMX adapter with a Driving Force GT. Seems like I either have to get a new profile for it to work properly or just remap the MFD bindings, as the +/- and selection wheel are not responding. I just did the latter for now.

White Glint

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there special rewards for getting all golds on mission challenges and track lessons like there was for driving lessons? Wondering if there's much reason to put in the effort for those other than just the satisfaction of 100%ing it.

I'm halfway through the mission challenges but I've heard they get a lot harder from there.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I think we can still use it, most people from the racing community have migrated over here. This is the link:

I'd honestly be leery of posting that info publicly considering there are a lot of angry troll types out there. There's another thread here for console ID sharing and 4chan are apparently using it to collect info on people. Just something to consider.

Last edited:

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Are there special rewards for getting all golds on mission challenges and track lessons like there was for driving lessons? Wondering if there's much reason to put in the effort for those other than just the satisfaction of 100%ing it.

I'm halfway through the mission challenges but I've heard they get a lot harder from there.

Not for Mission Challenges, those it doesn't matter what rank you get.

For Track challenges you get a gift car if you complete all the individual segments & final lap with Gold.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is it ok to go into online races even if I'm not very good? Just jump in and learn 'on the job'?

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone playing mainly solo in this? Still having fun? Pretty interested still but I do not have Plus and don't really care to play online.

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone got this alongside Project Cars 2?

I'm loving that but I also really enjoyed the demo of GT Sport, and my friends have this.

In addition, are there any tasty rumours about upcoming updates?

I do and they complement each other very nicely. Almost perfectly in fact. GT is great as a more casual sim that plays well with the controller whereas PCars 2 is the kind of game you put your serious hat on with and get a wheel out for.

Also GT is one of the most polished racers in recent times whereas PCars 2 can be buggy at times.

No reason not to have both if you're into racers IMO.

D23

Oct 25, 2017
How is PSVR with this? Just some gimmick modes or actual racing?

The biggest tease ever because everything else is ace (graphics, tracks, control) but its bare bone.

i still play with a wheel+playseat+vr combo and it is sublime. I would say its still worth picking up a ps vr for other games! I also believe that Sony/PD will release a DLC for VR in the future. i hope.