• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
Damn we went with Sunday then grrr. I'm free all Saturday and back to work Sunday night. I'll be able to make race 1 but not race 2.
I think starting with group 4 is a decent suggestion but if it's group 3 just NO BEETLES

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another day, another unjust 10 second penalty for someone else's reckless driving.

I only whine as I feel like that's the only thing wrong with the game's core mechanics right now.

Last edited:

flonty

Oct 27, 2017
Another day, another unjust 10 second penalty for someone else's reckless driving.

I only whine as I feel like that's the only thing wrong with the game's core mechanics right now.

Same here. I quit the race midway because I can not tolerate this bullshit. Some asshole would swerve in front of me whenever I was trying to pass him. Then I bumped into him got a fucking 10 sec penalty. No more races for me today.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys I just bought the game its my first gt ever :D !! It is also the first time I'm playing a racing sim. Usually stick to arcade racing. What tips do you guys recommend for a begginer like me? I'm just starting but would like to dive deep into the game mechanics and fully explore what gt has to offer. Any Youtube channel worth following to also get some help? Hopefully we'll meet on the track :)

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
4756448896365887500_0.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/2704129/1/6197055352591089672

6053475685322753040_0.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/livery/2704129/1/6061850606812825088

My most recent liveries for those interested.

onanie

Oct 27, 2017
GT ERA Racing League

gtvtjf6.gif

DATE: 9PM GMT SUNDAY 10TH DECEMBER
SCHEDULE: 9PM - lobby opens, qualifying begins.
9:15PM - 1st race begins
Approx 9:45PM - 1st race ends
Approx 10:00PM - 2nd race qualifying begins
10:15PM - 2nd Race begins
10:30PM - END

RACE 1 : GR.3 - KYOTO DRIVING PARK YAMIGAWA - 20 LAPS - TIRE AND FUEL - NO TUNING
RACE 2: GO KARTS - KYOTO DRIVING PARK MIYABI - 10 LAPS - NO TUNING

What do you guys think? Haven't had time to test the settings for tire and fuel rate. Open for any suggestions, even track and car ones.

prarts
Sejanoz
OldGit_Gamer
Niks
Fifanutz
ruttyboy
GHG
Oghuz
DHC-Shannow
eyeball_kid
Kaze13
onanie
Roy
Pharaoh
riveria
JamboGT
anx10us
Nice!

I'm afraid I won't be able to make it to this Sunday's race, please give my spot to the next in line.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys I just bought the game its my first gt ever :D !! It is also the first time I'm playing a racing sim. Usually stick to arcade racing. What tips do you guys recommend for a begginer like me? I'm just starting but would like to dive deep into the game mechanics and fully explore what gt has to offer. Any Youtube channel worth following to also get some help? Hopefully we'll meet on the track :)

GTS is actually pretty good about teaching you the game and how to drive. The campaign does a really good job of this. The driving school teaches both the basics and advanced stuff and the circuit experience actually teaches you how to tackle each track piece by piece. Before each mission there is a video tutorial you can watch which shows you exactly what you need to be doing. It's all really well done.

In terms of outside sources I found Z28Gaming on youtube to be pretty helpful. He streams often and explains stuff along the way. He also makes vids on how to approach various tracks in detail.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
If there is any space in the league can I take a spot?

Also I was just adding some extra bits to my livery and ran out of space. I cursed the fact the uploader wasn't released. I backed out to the main menu and there was a message saying it was available for everyone lol.

Is there a way to edit and create them on mobile? I really want to finish this off :(

25012109208_f4b639a7aa_o.png

25012110068_371437b438_o.png

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I just did the FIA Huracan race on Dragon Trail. Everything was going so well, even the qualifying was mostly respectful. Nice passing, no dick moves. I qualified 12th and moved up to 8th by the 5th lap, and very close to passing 7th place. Then at the bus stop chicane (because of course) these two drivers came up on me. One tried to dive in on the turn in and rammed me but I recovered, but then hit me again hard on the way out, ramming me into the wall and then 360ing on the straight. I dropped down to 13th. Was able to move up to 12th and was closing in on 11th but ran out of race. The guy didn't even apologize after the race, just said, "great race!!"

I'm so pissed that I had to grab a drink. This kind of shit needs to be penalized harshly, especially in FIA events. You intentionally smash someone and you should be ejected from the race. Period.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watching this top time replay on Lake Maggiore shaved off a second of my time lol, I was way too conservative regarding the track limits.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
I just did the FIA Huracan race on Dragon Trail. Everything was going so well, even the qualifying was mostly respectful. Nice passing, no dick moves. I qualified 12th and moved up to 8th by the 5th lap, and very close to passing 7th place. Then at the bus stop chicane (because of course) these two drivers came up on me. One tried to dive in on the turn in and rammed me but I recovered, but then hit me again hard on the way out, ramming me into the wall and then 360ing on the straight. I dropped down to 13th. Was able to move up to 12th and was closing in on 11th but ran out of race. The guy didn't even apologize after the race, just said, "great race!!"

I'm so pissed that I had to grab a drink. This kind of shit needs to be penalized harshly, especially in FIA events. You intentionally smash someone and you should be ejected from the race. Period.
It is so frustrating when your race gets wrecked through someone else's actions, especially when they try passing through there which is pretty much impossible rather than just waiting for the nice wide bend that comes after it. It's not like you can even let them past easily through there if you don't want to get involved in a scrap.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It is so frustrating when your race gets wrecked through someone else's actions, especially when they try passing through there which is pretty much impossible rather than just waiting for the nice wide bend that comes after it. It's not like you can even let them past easily through there if you don't want to get involved in a scrap.

I was faffing about with the race settings in lobbies last night to test a few things and when you have strong drafting this is rife, very similar to what happens in Sport mode. I turned it down to real and the races were far better. I also adjusted the assist settings and that was essentially a filter between the good and bad. An aim for more realistic and more stringent settings in Sports should be the way forward as far as I'm concerned, beyond C dr anyway.

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
Absolutely fuming... Just done the daily @ Interlagos started way down in 10th had a fantastic race work my way to 5th with a couple corners to go. 3rd and 4th were scrapping it out. I had the pace on both of them so I darted down the inside of both on the long left-hander onto the final Straight and the dirty bugger smashed me 3 times so I finished in 5th. His penalties took him to 10th rather than just racing clean and he'd have finished in 4th or 5th

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Changed it to Gr.4. Sounds like a better starting point. Tyre wear will be on x2. I think that means 2-4 pit stops for the 20 laps. Haven't checked the fuel depletion yet.
Do you guys think Racing Hards should be the limit or allow Racing Mediums?

Meganes are banned ;)

Sounds great PM thanks (although I'm nervous as hell already...)!

Can we set rules around the assists? Personally I would suggest only weak ABS and a max of TC2, nothing else allowed.

If there is any space in the league can I take a spot?

a couple of people can't make it so there should be room for you two :D

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Changed it to Gr.4. Sounds like a better starting point. Tyre wear will be on x2. I think that means 2-4 pit stops for the 20 laps. Haven't checked the fuel depletion yet.

Meganes are banned ;)

I'd say allow mediums and even softs, that's the point of the tyre wear in that strategy comes into play.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Patch 1.07 is live. Sorry if that's old news, I just didn't see it posted in here.

I believe that was the Emergency Updatereleased yesterday, not the one with all the new content that is supposed to drop today.

I did see that they changed the DR rankings yesterday:
In line with the periodic maintenance, we have adjusted the Rating system for Gran Turismo Sport.

The contents of the adjustment are as follows.

・DriversRating
-We have adjusted the judgement criteria to more appropriately divide the playersby their skill.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017

Meganes are banned ;)

Cheers buddy :)

I found out a way of creating decals on my phone and getting them ingame lol. I tested it with the bmw Driving Experience logo and it came out ok.
Its only useful for text but I just saved 20 layers.

25029273198_0a486a1174_o.png

onanie

Oct 27, 2017
I believe that was the Emergency Updatereleased yesterday, not the one with all the new content that is supposed to drop today.

In line with the periodic maintenance, we have adjusted the Rating system for Gran Turismo Sport.

・DriversRating
-We have adjusted the judgement criteria to more appropriately divide the playersby their skill.

Notice any difference yet?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)

・DriversRating
Patch notes for 1.07 simply say "Bug fixes."

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Patch notes for 1.07 simply say "Bug fixes."

The site says of the update for 1.07:
This update will address the following issues:

1. Physics Simulation Model
- Control management for the TCS will be adjusted to raise stability at corner exits with throttle ON.

2. Various other issues have been addressed to increase stability.

I didn't notice any changes when I was racing last night, but I had TCS turned off. I really don't think TCS needed even more of a boost.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Misread the tire wear indicator. Tire wear rate will be x5. This should mean you will be <50% thread depth before 10 laps on Racing Hards. Fuel will be x2 which should mean you run out near 10 laps.

I'll finalise the settings tomorrow.

I'd say allow mediums and even softs, that's the point of the tyre wear in that strategy comes into play.

I think so too. Okay will do.

Definitely allow cones

Yup. I love using them as well. An evolution from the driving line imo.

onanie

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! They are a brilliant idea that adds realism and helps you learn. You also have to adapt as the cones often get knocked over during the race so you can't absolutely depend on them.

I have seen good (but devious) players knock them over during the course of the race to throw other players off :D

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
I have seen good (but devious) players knock them over during the course of the race to throw other players off :D
Lol like GC you mean :-) Yeah I've seen people deliberately knock cones over on the first lap of qualifying to mess with other drivers and give themselves an advantage :-) But I do like that it's a crutch that can be taken away at any time so forces you to learn those braking positions.

onanie

Oct 27, 2017
Lol like GC you mean :-) Yeah I've seen people deliberately knock cones over on the first lap of qualifying to mess with other drivers and give themselves an advantage :-) But I do like that it's a crutch that can be taken away at any time so forces you to learn those braking positions.
Well, you've given me an idea LOL

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Did the FIA Alsace race. Had no time to warm up before and qualified 17th. Most of the field was A,B,C DR ranks (what's the point of ranks at this point). Still, I didn't have any contact at all, moved up to 14th and on the last lap was heading for 13th. Had a Scirroco catch up to me and divebombed me. This wasn't like he was trailing me for a while, he just slammed me off the track full force from way back. Thankfully I was able to get back on the track quickly, but lost rank to him. He ended up with a blue S. I'm so tired of this shit! Fix this Kaz!!

Mobius 1

Oct 27, 2017
North Point, Osean Federation
GT ERA Racing League

gtvtjf6.gif

DATE: 9PM GMT SUNDAY 10TH DECEMBER
SCHEDULE: 9PM - lobby opens, qualifying begins.
9:15PM - 1st race begins
Approx 9:45PM - 1st race ends
Approx 10:00PM - 2nd race qualifying begins
10:15PM - 2nd Race begins
10:30PM - END

RACE 1 : GR.4 - KYOTO DRIVING PARK YAMIGAWA - 20 LAPS - TIRE AND FUEL x2 - NO TUNING (BoP)
RACE 2: GO KARTS - KYOTO DRIVING PARK MIYABI - 10 LAPS - NO TUNING

What do you guys think? Haven't had time to test the settings for tire and fuel rate. Open for any suggestions, even track and car ones.

prarts
Sejanoz
OldGit_Gamer
Niks
Fifanutz
ruttyboy
GHG
Oghuz
DHC-Shannow
eyeball_kid
Kaze13
onanie
Roy
Pharaoh
riveria
JamboGT
anx10us

Sign me up.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I had it in my head that the content update was dropping tonight, but I guess not? Is there no date for this, just "December"? Maybe they'll announce something at PSX.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Misread the tire wear indicator. Tire wear rate will be x5. This should mean you will be <50% thread depth before 10 laps on Racing Hards. Fuel will be x2 which should mean you run out near 10 laps.

I'll finalise the settings tomorrow.

I think so too. Okay will do.

Yup. I love using them as well. An evolution from the driving line imo.

I ran a trial race with these settings against the AI this morning (via vita remote playback after my kids got me up at 6am) so here's a few findings :-

Remote play is tough! Having to use stick for accelerate & brake and having that slight lag makes it a bit tricky. I fell off the track more than once...

Fuel was good for 16 laps in the Scirocco on those settings. I bet you could stretch it out to the full race if you turned it down (I ran on fuel mapping 1 the entire race).

Front right tyre on the Scirocco was pretty knackered after 11 laps - it wasn't full red but I was struggling to maintain pace. The rears were untouched however.

The AI is dead slow even on Pro - they brake for the damn sweeping esses and slow you down a lot.

The AI finishing order was 4C, Scirocco, Megane - may well be a clue on what cars to pick...

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
Just won the Daily @ Yamagiwa with 150% clean race bonus. Started in 3rd got the lead on the 1st lap gained a 3 sec lead which was slowly whittled away while I was trying to drive conservatively to make sure of no silly mistakes. I was overtaken on lap 9 of 10 i let him past in case he was a dirty driver (Spanish, say no more lol) who tried to wipe me out and thought I'd pressure him on the last lap which I did but didn't quite manage to pass him. But then his 6 second penalty meant I won. Chuffed to bits

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This may sound like a dumb question, but bear in mind I've done only like 10 short races in sport mode. Do you have to fully tune the car with mileage points to have better performance or does the game ignore all purchasable upgrades?

ruttyboy

Oct 29, 2017
The AI finishing order was 4C, Scirocco, Megane - may well be a clue on what cars to pick...

I only have a few Gr. 4 cars* and I don't think I own any of them (possibly the Megane, but f that). Should be interesting to see what cars people pick.

* I have 80 cars, but I still haven't bought a car yet, I have a stupid habit from the old GT games of getting through everything with just prize cars...

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017
This may sound like a dumb question, but bear in mind I've done only like 10 short races in sport mode. Do you have to fully tune the car with mileage points to have better performance or does the game ignore all purchasable upgrades?
No, BoP will nullify mileage point upgrades (even for torque, so GT5/6 PP trick doesn't work anymore).

1.07 broke something for me: the game hangs for a solid 30 seconds on the main menu, and takes forever to open pictures in my feed. I also can't seem to apply liveries (previously the game would take a whole minute and even give me an error, but eventually the livery would show up. Not anymore)
I also noticed the "saving" icon appears more frequently, even when there's nothing to save.

EDIT: maintenance tomorrow morning: http://www.gran-turismo.com/world/gtsport/news/00_1113898.html

Last edited:

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
I only have a few Gr. 4 cars* and I don't think I own any of them (possibly the Megane, but f that). Should be interesting to see what cars people pick.

* I have 80 cars, but I still haven't bought a car yet, I have a stupid habit from the old GT games of getting through everything with just prize cars...
I've been getting by a lot with the loan cars you get from the Manufacturer, but after using them for a week I often buy my own if I like them - I've barely used any of the GR.X cars I've won tho or the low end N cars I keep getting duplicates of :-(

Regarding the GR.4 cars :-

Megane, Scirocco and TT are very quick on the straights.
The 4C and the Porsche Caymen are great in the twisties.
I quite like the Viper and the Corvette which are a bit more stable / less agile - better on fast sweeping tracks.
The McLaren is a nice handling car but isn't really quick enough without really pushing hard, same for the SLS. Doing that for 20 laps with tyre wear would be interesting.
The Buggati was pretty good when I tried it last but I was quicker in the Viper.
I've not used the 458 but it does seem more popular now after the recent tyre tweaks.

ruttyboy

Oct 29, 2017
I've been getting by a lot with the loan cars you get from the Manufacturer, but after using them for a week I often buy my own if I like them - I've barely used any of the GR.X cars I've won tho or the low end N cars I keep getting duplicates of :-(

Regarding the GR.4 cars :-

Megane, Scirocco and TT are very quick on the straights.
The 4C and the Porsche Caymen are great in the twisties.
I quite like the Viper and the Corvette which are a bit more stable / less agile - better on fast sweeping tracks.
The McLaren is a nice handling car but isn't really quick enough without really pushing hard, same for the SLS. Doing that for 20 laps with tyre wear would be interesting.
The Buggati was pretty good when I tried it last but I was quicker in the Viper.
I've not used the 458 but it does seem more popular now after the recent tyre tweaks.
I had a quick go last night and used two cars that aren't even on your list, and people say GTS has no cars, pah!