AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Is the Limited Edition code from the steelbook worth redeeming? It's 2 million credits and a dozen cars that I assume I can unlock over time anyway.

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Subaru
Citroen
Porsche
Alfa Romeo
Ferrari
Nissan
Mercedes
Aston Martin

Okay we have the manufacturers. Now we need to decide how to place people in them fairly. Maybe if everyone can list their top 3?

1. Porsche
2. Subaru
3. Ferrari

Tofer
prarts
onanie
ItIsOkBro - MartialArtsFights
Gvon - vonhammer
Sejanoz - miky_magawolaz
OldGit_Gamer - AnythingBut66
Niks - Niks
Fifanutz
ruttyboy - ruttyboy
GHG - OMitchF
Oghuz - Oghuz-Khan
DHC-Shannow
eyeball_kid - tofuhero
Kaze13
Roy
Pharaoh - Pharaoh117
riveria - ninekone
JamboGT
anx10us - aanx10uss
Mobius 1
Psycho_Mantis - CloudS_20

I'm very fond of it so 1. Nissan
2. Porsche
3. Alfa

Acura/Honda should be an option instead of Nissan IMO.
I would like Nissan AND Honda in! Honda would be my first choice in that case, and Nissan second.

Last edited:

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
PD really need to do something about the Megane/Scirocco as they're ruining Sport mode for me.

I'm in a Ferrari 458 Gr.4, I'm full power down the straight and the Meganes will just scream past me. It's ridiculous how much every other car is nerfed by comparison.

I've won 5 of 23 races so far (although to be fair, my GT noob mate raced about 10 of those without a win), so it's not like I'm a terrible driver, but it's gotten to the point whereby the only means of being competitive is to run the Megane.

I don't want to run a car for the sake of it, I want to run the cars I want to run.

I guess I need to stick to the single make races.
I saw your qualifying time in the 458 and decided to do a few laps in the 458 posted pretty similar times to you but its way off the pace. It's sad really but all Id suggest for the time being is post a qualifying time in the Scirrocco or Megane then use your car of choice in the actual race at least that way you can start up the grid and have a few battles rather than scrapping it out at the back of the field

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Is the Limited Edition code from the steelbook worth redeeming? It's 2 million credits and a dozen cars that I assume I can unlock over time anyway.
I would say go for the base. I bought the base version and have accumulated more than 3 million and half after playing for two months, but the money is sitting there. I bought three or four cars so far, the rest are gifts.

OP
OP
Niks

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's because they're both FF cars and in whatever equation they run to try and balance the cars they're offsetting the downsides of FF with too much power and grip. They should understeer more than they do basically.

I think the current understeering is fine. They are just to powerful atm. But yeah they have issues with FF cars. Remember the early days of the Audi TT?

Total nightmare.

vereor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Some good pit-stop strategy for the 30 lap endurance mission? (stage 6-8) I've already wasted 3 hours trying to get the gold :/

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Maaan, I'm hankering for the GT League update - I just got this on the 30% off sale and have burned through all the SP content. Racing feels soooo fucking good in this game, and it's just absolutely gorgeous.

I have to admit: I was way off about this game's visuals based on the betas. It really underwhelmed me then, and i was particularly worried about the environments given the series history, but I find all the tracks are absolutely outstanding looking. I wish there were more of them, but hopefully that comes down the road.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm down for races this weekend.

I find it bizarre that they still haven't fixed the Megane and the Scirocco. Just had a race with 16 other players and only 4 people had something else than Megane/Scirocco.

Yeah, unless the VW Group is paying them under the table to juice their cars, I don't understand why they haven't addressed this. I don't even play many Gr.4 events now because of it.

Though I did play the Maggiore Gr.4 10 lap daily race last night with the 458. After settling in I started closing in on a Megane ahead of me, so they're not impervious, but that's only because the driver's lines were so sloppy. Still, I had to race very consistently and with good lines to even hang with a Megane who was all over the road. It's ridiculous.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
6278652301475349008_23.jpg
https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gtsport/user/notifications/livery/1221429/1/6278652301475349008

6125476046665942536_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts...lery/all/livery/1221429/1/6125476046665942536

6269587935787483672_23.jpg

https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gts...lery/all/livery/1221429/1/6269587935787483672

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
I think it is only available on certain classes of car, GT3, LMP and rally cars. You can apply the stickers when you choose what wheels you fit to your car in the livery editor.

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
After 15 attempts over the past couple of weeks I finally won my first Sport Race! It was 100% clean as well :) I usually place in the top 5 but it's exciting to take home the gold for once :D

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
After 15 attempts over the past couple of weeks I finally won my first Sport Race! It was 100% clean as well :) I usually place in the top 5 but it's exciting to take home the gold for once :D

Congrats!

Speaking of not clean, I did the FIA Alsace Gr.3 race tonight and had a collision with a McLaren on that first tight right turn. He braked early on the outside so I dove in to avoid a collision. Unfortunately at the apex he turned in and I adjusted left a bit to avoid the rumble strip (the 458 Gr.3 is not a fan of those) and my front his tail and he spun into the dirt. In the replay of his car I could see me coming beside him, so I don't know why he turned in aside from not paying attention. I felt bad and was going to apologize, but then he caught up with me eventually and tried to take me out at the end of the long straight before the uphill bit. At first I thought he was just clumsy, but no, he raced up beside me and at the end of the straight deliberately moved over into my front end. Fortunately the game ghosted him. I continued into that slow turn and turned into the apex and he tried to divebomb me but he bounced off me into the siderail. I guess he was really mad by then because he tried to catch up but kept crashing, so finally he stopped on the track. I thought he was sitting it out, but then I was shocked to see him wait until I had lapped him and then tried to catch me. Fortunately he couldn't and eventually just quit the race. I've never had someone get that mad before. If I got that upset every time someone played dirty I'd never finish a race.

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For the same money the T500RS is a better buy than the G29 right? I've just found a deal on it here in Dubai.

Buying another T300RS GT edition is out of the question because I've already sold off my T3PA pedals and it's 50% more expensive than the two wheels I mentioned above. Wheel pricing is so fucked here... the T150 is also more expensive the two I mentioned.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
So I uploaded some custom decals I made, and though the graphics are completely fine on the GT site and within the decal picker, when I apply them to my white car they are kind of washed out. Like black will be more of a medium grey, which makes me think that some sort of alpha channel is getting applied, but I can't see any way to adjust that. Anyone have this issue before?

onanie

Oct 27, 2017
So I uploaded some custom decals I made, and though the graphics are completely fine on the GT site and within the decal picker, when I apply them to my white car they are kind of washed out. Like black will be more of a medium grey, which makes me think that some sort of alpha channel is getting applied, but I can't see any way to adjust that. Anyone have this issue before?
Is your layer opacity set to 100%?

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
Congrats!

Speaking of not clean, I did the FIA Alsace Gr.3 race tonight and had a collision with a McLaren on that first tight right turn. He braked early on the outside so I dove in to avoid a collision. Unfortunately at the apex he turned in and I adjusted left a bit to avoid the rumble strip (the 458 Gr.3 is not a fan of those) and my front his tail and he spun into the dirt. In the replay of his car I could see me coming beside him, so I don't know why he turned in aside from not paying attention. I felt bad and was going to apologize, but then he caught up with me eventually and tried to take me out at the end of the long straight before the uphill bit. At first I thought he was just clumsy, but no, he raced up beside me and at the end of the straight deliberately moved over into my front end. Fortunately the game ghosted him. I continued into that slow turn and turned into the apex and he tried to divebomb me but he bounced off me into the siderail. I guess he was really mad by then because he tried to catch up but kept crashing, so finally he stopped on the track. I thought he was sitting it out, but then I was shocked to see him wait until I had lapped him and then tried to catch me. Fortunately he couldn't and eventually just quit the race. I've never had someone get that mad before. If I got that upset every time someone played dirty I'd never finish a race.

Wow that's full on psycho territory! I often have expletive outbursts if someone messes me up but thats it - the fact he caught up again yet ruined his race trying to take you out just show how ridiculous this was. I had a nightmare race on Dragon Trail in the FIA the other night (I'm back down to DR B again now because of it) - qualified 5th in the Corvette against Meganes & Sciroccos and was still there when there was a massive pile up in our favourite chicane, dropped back to 15th, fought back 11th only to make a massive error in that damn chicane and drop back to last. Anyway, I catch the guy in 19th place and go to pass him into the hairpin when he decides to friggin brake check me at the top of the hill. He then decides to chop across me, bounces off and goes into the wall. What a dick. I'm getting to know certain drivers names now and know who to look out for and who can race fairly.

Anyway I did some test qualifying times at Suzuka in case we do that race this weekend. I didn't have a Vantage or WRX so this was the first time I'd driven those cars so the results were surprising...
PS_Messages_20171215_090621.jpg

All times with BoP on and supersoft tyres. Now there is a couple of things here, despite knowing Suzuka very well my times started slow and got quicker, so other than the SLS and GTR the times improve the later we get in the night.... And I was drinking Jack Daniels too so I get quicker the more I drink! I've saved and shared the replays ingame if you want to compare, or just have a crack at the times and see how you go.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The penalty system can sometimes be infuriating, I did a lot of dailies on the BB track yesterday and of course that involved lapping slower cars. It's a lottery because only in some cases they become ghosts. If that doesn't happen you can end up getting screwed when you come across an asshole. I encountered a guy who changed his line on purpose to block me, I crashed into him and got a 10 second penalty (and a SR demotion). :/

Also it's pretty annoying how much Volkswagen cars owned in that daily. I did my first run in the Citroen and qualified at the back, then I switched to the Golf VGT and immediately improved my time by over half a second (on a 25 second track!)

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
Wow that's full on psycho territory! I often have expletive outbursts if someone messes me up but thats it - the fact he caught up again yet ruined his race trying to take you out just show how ridiculous this was. I had a nightmare race on Dragon Trail in the FIA the other night (I'm back down to DR B again now because of it) - qualified 5th in the Corvette against Meganes & Sciroccos and was still there when there was a massive pile up in our favourite chicane, dropped back to 15th, fought back 11th only to make a massive error in that damn chicane and drop back to last. Anyway, I catch the guy in 19th place and go to pass him into the hairpin when he decides to friggin brake check me at the top of the hill. He then decides to chop across me, bounces off and goes into the wall. What a dick. I'm getting to know certain drivers names now and know who to look out for and who can race fairly.

Anyway I did some test qualifying times at Suzuka in case we do that race this weekend. I didn't have a Vantage or WRX so this was the first time I'd driven those cars so the results were surprising...

All times with BoP on and supersoft tyres. Now there is a couple of things here, despite knowing Suzuka very well my times started slow and got quicker, so other than the SLS and GTR the times improve the later we get in the night.... And I was drinking Jack Daniels too so I get quicker the more I drink! I've saved and shared the replays ingame if you want to compare, or just have a crack at the times and see how you go.
I shall have a crack at these later, those times look damn quick.... Must be the SS effect lol. Im working Saturday night but I but make Sunday night

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Nice to see rear wheel drive cars on the GR4 leaderboard today! Short straights so the FF are less advantaged(Brands Hatch).

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Man drove a BMW last night for a bit and it was glued to the track. I forget which but it was a wonderful drive.

ruttyboy

Oct 29, 2017

Just spent far too long at Suzuka, I know it a lot better now than I ever have before!

O49L5gch.jpg

Raven117

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it. This game hooked me. I bought a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Wheel and a playseat challenge.....

Racing is awesome.

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
Just spent far too long at Suzuka, I know it a lot better now than I ever have before!

O49L5gch.jpg
You guys are different class. Anyone got any HUMAN times to compete with? I'm currently about 2secs off the pace. I definitely need to work on my 1st sector reckon i can scrub off at least a second through the S bends

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
Damn it. This game hooked me. I bought a Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Wheel and a playseat challenge.....

Racing is awesome.
I'd love a decent racing seat. I have a G29 and a wheel stand pro but just sitting on a dining room chair. Long sessions really do my back in. That challenge seat wouldn't last 2 mins with me though as im about 19st lol

Raven117

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love a decent racing seat. I have a G29 and a wheel stand pro but just sitting on a dining room chair. Long sessions really do my back in. That challenge seat wouldn't last 2 mins with me though as im about 19st lol
19st?

Im a tall guy, so I hope the seat works.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of the G29.. Anyone else having problems with the dial being unresponsive during gameplay? Trying to adjust brake bias, fuel map etc, I have to keep attempting to rotate the dial until it eventually registers my inputs. Dial responds as it it should in the game menus, only during gameplay it seems broken.

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I love it. Feedback has a slight deadzone when the wheel is centred ie driving straight but no other issues other than that the pedals are a big step up from my old wheel the GT Driving force but I've never tried the thrust masters so can't really compare

Raven117

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I love it. Feedback has a slight deadzone when the wheel is centred ie driving straight but no other issues other than that the pedals are a big step up from my old wheel the GT Driving force but I've never tried the thrust masters so can't really compare
Very cool. I'm excited to give the wheel a go.

Psycho_Mantis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ALFA ROMEO
ruttyboy

PORSCHE
prarts
onanie
Pharaoh
anx10us

FERRARI
eyeball_kid
SLB1904

SUBARU
GHG
Niks
OldGit_Gamer

CITROEN
DHC_Shannow
ItIsOkBro

MERCEDES
Gvon
Sejanoz

ASTON MARTIN
Oghuz
Psycho_Mantis

NISSAN
riveria
Fifanutz

I've changed from Porsche to fill Aston Martin. Any of the Porsche fans willing to change to Alfa, Nissan. If not we might have to assort you guys randomly amongst Porsche, Alfa and Nissan. Did you guys choose a track?

Last edited:

Fifanutz

Nov 2, 2017
ALFA ROMEO
ruttyboy

PORSCHE
prarts
Fifanutz
onanie
Pharaoh
anx10us

FERRARI
eyeball_kid
SLB1904

SUBARU
GHG
Niks

CITROEN
DHC_Shannow
ItIsOkBro

MERCEDES
Gvon
Sejanoz

ASTON MARTIN
Oghuz
Psycho_Mantis

NISSAN
riveria

I've changed from Porsche to fill Aston Martin. Any of the Porsche fans willing to change to Alfa, Nissan. If not we might have to assort you guys randomly amongst Porsche, Alfa and Nissan. Did you guys choose a track?
I'll happily change from Porsche to Nissan

Last edited:

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
ALFA ROMEO
ruttyboy

PORSCHE
prarts
onanie
Pharaoh
anx10us

FERRARI
eyeball_kid
SLB1904

SUBARU
GHG
Niks

CITROEN
DHC_Shannow
ItIsOkBro

MERCEDES
Gvon
Sejanoz

ASTON MARTIN
Oghuz
Psycho_Mantis

NISSAN
riveria
Fifanutz

How about this?:

Suzuka full circuit - GR3
Suzuka Short - GR4

We would need to decide on a number of laps for each that requires at least one pit stop for fuel/tires.

DHC-Shannow

Oct 29, 2017
Manchester, England
ALFA ROMEO
ruttyboy

PORSCHE
prarts
onanie
Pharaoh
anx10us

FERRARI
eyeball_kid
SLB1904

SUBARU
GHG
Niks

CITROEN
DHC_Shannow
ItIsOkBro

MERCEDES
Gvon
Sejanoz

ASTON MARTIN
Oghuz
Psycho_Mantis

NISSAN
riveria
Fifanutz

GH suggested Suzuka so that's where I did the time trials, happy to go wherever you choose tho bud.

Edit : Beaten by the man himself, not sure I fancy an endurance around Suzuka short (it'd get a bit dull with those few corners) but could do a sprint race around there?

O49L5gch.jpg

Very nice time bud, shame you did it in the Aston when you'll be using the Alpha ;-)

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
It might be better to do two different tracks, to give different cars a chance to show their strengths. But I'm fine with whatever.

--
I really wish you could change the race number placement in the livery editor. I realized the design I made is covered up by Sport mode's arbitrary placement of the number, so either I keep part of the graphic covered or have to redo the design. :(

user__

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I always place the number provisionally on the car when I'm working on my liveries, to be able to draw around them.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish you could change the race number placement in the livery editor. I realized the design I made is covered up by Sport mode's arbitrary placement of the number, so either I keep part of the graphic covered or have to redo the design. :(

I suppose you could upload your own custom number decal, so you can place it where you like. I've seen some other liveries with custom number plates too, might be able to search for those liveries/decals if you wish. ;)