• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Well granted, it's a ladiva match up thing, but still.

edit: Man they need to give Percy SOMETHING.

Percy seems bad.
I wouldn't say he's bad but he's not fantastic either. I relate him to Paul Phoenix in Tekken . Easy access to high damage and conversions relative to some other cast members.

With orbs, he also controls midrange quite well and as expected with his launching command grab, he's really good at exerting corner pressure. Doesn't really have a tool as broken as the Charlottas of the world though

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Is anyone getting a weird audio glitch where the announcer and the music just...stop?

Her super is a running command grab?

So you can do her super two ways, either as a 3/4th's screen lariat, or a command grab.

Her SSA is just a command grab but it can counter non active atuff.

Have you been playing non stop since the game came out?

It's been taking up my gaming time a bit, I won't lie.

Game's fun.

Lucentto

Oct 25, 2017
Dealing with Metera or Ferry in lag is awful. I'm seriously tired of this delay based netcode shit.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
GGs Mesoian, this is what happens when you barely fight Ladivas. Goddamn.

Yeah GGs, they were good matches.

The only thing I'll say is that there were a ton of times where you were in that place where Katalina lives and Ladiva can literally do nothing, and then you would walk backwards out of it and that let me reset. That standing m, crouching m range is where Katalina thrives, don't give that space up for anything.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah GGs, they were good matches.

The only thing I'll say is that there were a ton of times where you were in that place where Katalina lives and Ladiva can literally do nothing, and then you would walk backwards out of it and that let me reset. That standing m, crouching m range is where Katalina thrives, don't give that space up for anything.

Usually I don't. Don't know what was up with me tonight. Oh well.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Ferry's whip that goes up at an angle shouldn't still have such good range when your on the ground. Feels a tad unfair.

HaremKing

Banned
Dec 20, 2018
Been watching the nightly Korean tournament streams and my goodness it seems like any time Vaseraga goes against any decent player character with decent mobility/zoning he cannot do a thing. He can't close the distance and even if he does they'll just quickly dance out and back. I feel so bad for people who chose him as their main.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Someone in the NY lobby called "trans_rights" came up to my cabinet and started playing with me. I've never been so utterly destroyed in this game. They were playing Gran, and I felt like my mind was being read and I couldn't do anything at all times. It felt so oppressive, and any touch would lead to 50%+ damage (Gran is also kinda ridiculous). I thought they might be SonicFox, but I thought that they played using their actual ID, so I wondered who they were.

Looking at my Match History, they do indeed have the Online ID "SonicFox5000." I lost 20 games in a row, and I felt great whenever I even took a round. That was nuts.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Someone in the NY lobby called "trans_rights" came up to my cabinet and started playing with me. I've never been so utterly destroyed in this game. They were playing Gran, and I felt like my mind was being read and I couldn't do anything at all times. It felt so oppressive, and any touch would lead to 50%+ damage (Gran is also kinda ridiculous). I thought they might be SonicFox, but I thought that they played using their actual ID, so I wondered who they were.

Looking at my Match History, they do indeed have the Online ID "SonicFox5000." I lost 20 games in a row, and I felt great whenever I even took a round. That was nuts.

Sounds like Sonic Fox alright

Bet he's gonna make the right kind of people salty with that name tag lmao

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I got hella salty in my matches this weekend to the point where I just had to put it down and regroup. Had to tell my SO who was watching "sometimes salt is just part of the game sometimes for fighting games and the trick is knowing when to take a break unless you want to go full LTG/DSP and full tilt"

Played a Lancelot and man his gaps are really hard to punish in delay netcode. They need to introduce some rollback stat because the inputs in this game are a lot more strict than one would expect at a first glance.

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
I get destroyed by Ferry in Ranked. During the rematch I manage to catch him with SBA and win a round and what does he do? He immediately quits, lol.

OTOH I really do feel bad for Xseed. They just can't catch a break. With this delay of western release it seems A LOT of people imported. I mean, my EU online experience has been very good. Must mean lots of lost sales for both the NA and EU publishers.

Oct 25, 2017
I get destroyed by Ferry in Ranked. During the rematch I manage to catch him with SBA and win a round and what does he do? He immediately quits, lol.

OTOH I really do feel bad for Xseed. They just can't catch a break. With this delay of western release it seems A LOT of people imported. I mean, my EU online experience has been very good. Must mean lots of lost sales for both the NA and EU publishers.
It does makes me wonder how well the sales are going to do here with so many people importing. On another note fighting Kat does indeed simulate the feeling of someone constantly poking you with a long needle a mile away.

redrohX

Nov 26, 2017
The Netherlands

They dropped the ball IMO. Outside of the release date being more than a month later, I checked the Marvelous Games website and links to physical editions were there for a bunch of European countries, but not for my country. I looked at buying from Amazon.co.uk, but for some reason (Brexit or Xseed?) I'm not allowed to buy the game from there (usually this is never an issue) (it's unavailable on amazon.de). And in local online stores they have the imported US version up for pre-order. So yes, I really wanted to buy the EU version, but if they make it this hard, getting a digital import was even easier.

Last edited:

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
Am I crazy or was there not even an official EU release date when the game came out in Japan? Made the decision a lot simpler. At least the Persona 4 Arena days are long gone.

redrohX

Nov 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I thought it was March 27th, that's what it says on amazon.co.uk. But yeah, I don't see an official date ([COMING SOON] it says) on the Marvelous Games website.

OP
OP
Kalor

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was March 27th, that's what it says on amazon.co.uk. But yeah, I don't see an official date on the Marvelous Games website.

That's a placeholder date right now. Marvelous are still saying on Twitter that they'll have news "in the coming weeks".

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
It makes me wonder what the hell happened behind the scenes. I'm sure the publishers aren't too happy about everyone playing a game they can't releast yet

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah if I would import this if I was in Europe. I mean I already did it in the US, but I wouldn't have even hesitated if I was over there.

I am in Europe and I'm waiting for the EU release. I want to have the game tied to my main account. I can wait another month if it means I don't have to go through import shenanigans every time I want to buy DLC. The situation does suck, though.
Bubs and Naru will probably be already be out by the time this releases here lol