Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Eh it's strange looking, but I get it. The original games were going for a more realistic style, but the low poly models probably clean up better with a more cartoony/cell shaded look

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see some gameplay as well just for the aiming and whatnot. I'm 100% day one though, this is exactly what I wanted. So excited.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
GTA San Andreas translated the best IMO, which makes sense since it is the most modern one.

unknown.png
CJ still tucking his shirt into his drawers.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
A lot work put into these, clearly

Looks weird af though

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I don`t see neither Zendaya nor Chalamet on those screenshots.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
This does make Take Two's mod DMCA rampage even more baffling as it's clear these have enhancements not really possible with the OG versions, like higher frame rates and such

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
..? The texturing is completely fine.

The cartoony looking character models in 3 and VC are the only issue I can really find, the old art style is pretty difficult to emulate without completely changing it.
It looks like this weird lambertian hellscape. The level of glossiness just isn't working for me in a lot of models

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
everything but the character models look great. They have a "game made in UE fan YouTube video" vibe to them

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I will be getting this sooner or later, so that's a win for R*. Much bigger effort was put into this than I anticipated, so kudos.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Looks way better, or at least way more effort, than expected.

Hate some of the character reworks though.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Something about it looks very Unreal Engine 4 to me. Maybe the lighting shaders on assets being so flat.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I am digging the stylized look as someone that has no nostalgia for these. As long as it runs well I may get this on switch.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
The trailer looks a lot better than the screenshots, but it looks so strange. Did they touch-up the character models in Roblox 😆

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I went for a realistic look 20 years ago and dealt with it well, now they're keeping this look but applying modern effects on it... looks kinda like a toy box, not sure to dig it :(

We'll see the gameplay!

Status
Not open for further replies.