The Benz

Oct 27, 2017
It's always been a bit heartbreaking that Rockstar's worst game of the 360/PS3 era is their best selling one.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Only played through it once, but I think I've bought, been gifted, or upgraded GTA5 at least 5 times, so... yeah.

Sep 23, 2018
The most insanely profitable thingy of all time keeps on keeping on.

That's a fucking insane figure.
I only bought it once but there are for sure triple/quad dippers.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
The absolute king. Fucking crazy. It's gonna keep selling 5 million a quarter until VI drops.

5 million a quarter 10 years after its initial release!!!!!!

CenaToon

Oct 25, 2017
One starts to think if GTA6 will even be bigger than GTA5. 200 million copies of 1 game, just 1, not a whole franchise, 1 game, is insanity.

The whole pokemon franchise is around 300 million copies sold, and just GTA5 is 200 million.

Now i would like to know if the free downloads of EGS also are counted (probably yes)

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
Amazing sales wise. Wonder how many people just use GTA5 as an access to GTAOnline even though the latter can be bought by itself.

I'm probably one of the few that has zero interest in the IP. It's never hooked me in the past, and don't see it in the future either. Have played a few GTA's but its never lasted more than a couple days of interest at max before the game gets put aside. Have a couple copies of GTA5 thanks to the free monthly games that PSN/EGS/etc. have given out. But have never had the desire to boot it up, my only interest was to claim them for "free" instead of spending money on it, if I ever did in the future.

I'll probably wait until the day in the long distant future for PS+/EGS/etc. to give free copies of GTA6 before I have a copy for myself of the game lol. Which probably won't be touched either.

Last edited:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
One starts to think if GTA6 will even be bigger than GTA5. 200 million copies of 1 game, just 1, not a whole franchise, 1 game, is insanity.

The whole pokemon franchise is around 300 million copies sold, and just GTA5 is 200 million.

Now i would like to know if the free downloads of EGS also are counted (probably yes)

obviously no, neither are gamepass/ps plus redemptions

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
And someone was trying to say GTA6 won't be that big of a deal. That's gonna be the game that gets people off last gen.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't finally buy it until the PS5 version was released. Not waiting that long for GTA VI, though.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
I've bought it on PS3, PS4 (twice because I gifted it to a friend's brother) and PS5... And I have the free Epic Games Store copy on PC, so that's 45 copies I'm guessing... Holy shit.
PS: Every time I've bought it I've sold the last gen version of the game, I've basically upgraded it for 10€ each time.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Jeez I guess GTA Online can be used as a cautionary tale. That part of the game came late, was missing heists and was a mess at launch on PS3 and now look at it. 200m copies sold and still making millions if not billions 10 years later.

I'm honestly surprised GTA VI still has single player, but I guess the fortunate thing about it is that it is a necessary foundation in order to built GTA Online II upon it. Betting some gold money that they are playing for a long ride with this next one.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I remember watching the trailer during the series finale of Breaking Bad. I don't remember which trailer they showed, though. It was probably the full trailer that they later cut down to a 30 second commercial.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
who are all of these people
giphy.gif