nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
Over the last couple days Rockstar Games accidentally put up a new version of the GTA 6 webpage adding two new sections to it to display all videos and screenshots. While the only video for now is the first trailer, the screenshots section was entirely empty but the source code shows they prepared something as there are 4 paths to screenshots and cover art.

The website and source code is shown here starting at 1:08. Rockstar has since then taken the page down and put the original one back in place.

View: https://youtu.be/zU_fulGa2RA?si=2tPHamzejzWqBZdX

For reference, on May 16 is Take Two's next investor's call. They announced the GTA 6 trailer before one of the last calls. In early 2012 and early 2017 they showed the first screenshots of GTA V and RDR2 respectively following the reveals around 6 months earlier. Rockstar mistakingly updating their website is also a known staple of them. The last time they leaked the GTA Definitive Edition and RDR remaster weeks before they were formally announced by uploading source code changes too early.

Last edited:

Gravelord

Jul 19, 2023
big game reveals and trailers are getting prepped for the big Summer showcase events like Summer Game Fest

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
It honestly makes a lot of sense for a game that big to show before June because there are a lot of other games to take up the conversation (not that they would be on the same level exactly, but people can only talk about so much at any given time) Makes more sense to show it off earlier

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Summer seems like the right time to show this game again, if they intent to release it next year.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
All I can predict is we'll see footage sometime this summer. Numerous places this can show up.

Or Rockstar just dumps a trailer on Youtube one day.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
TWOsX7i.gif

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
Wouldn't surprise me if Playstation has a marketing deal for a trailer during one of their next showcases.

Oct 31, 2017
Cool. Was literally just thinking the other day about how it's been a bit since trailer 1 dropped and was thinking it'd probably not be too much longer before we get another glimpse into the game. So it's neat to see this.

David Matter

Banned
Apr 16, 2024
what are the possibilities of a new trailer or whatever something about GTA VI with a ps5 pro reveal? who knows, but there is a little possibility of that happening

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Hasn't this already been confirmed to be NOT happening by gta forums and the most likely theory is an intern accidentally pushed live on a default template of the gta 6 site. Then they removed it and redirected it once they realized

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Experts, what are the odds this means a showcase next week?
R* doesn't care about those events, when they do a trailer drop that is the event.
Historically they have released a trailer and then went silent before dropping another trailer a year later, we don't see gameplay and stuff until we are like a month or two from launch.

OP
OP
nicoreese

nicoreese

Jan 18, 2018
Hasn't this already been confirmed to be NOT happening by gta forums and the most likely theory is an intern accidentally pushed live on a default template of the gta 6 site. Then they removed it and redirected it once they realized

No one beside Rockstar can confirm anything on this. The reason why this was pushed live is clearly unknown but together with the image paths in the source code it definitely implies they're working on something and not just pushing a general template.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Hope this pans out, need more info ASAP. reveal trailer was a banger but I want to hear the devs talk shop
No one beside Rockstar can confirm anything on this. The reason why this was pushed live is clearly unknown but together with the image paths in the source code it definitely implies they're working on something and not just pushing a general template.
"GTA VI news incoming" is probably pretty strong for a title then no?

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
I was just about to re watch the trailer, lol.

Yeah....every day, week, month that goes by is one step closer to GTA VI launching. I cannot wait.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PS5 Pro exclusive mission, rocket ship to space at the cape canaveral equivalent

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Five months since the trailer… yeah, I can picture some news happening. Doesn't seem too crazy to me.

NateDog

"This guy are sick"
Jan 8, 2018
Suppose it really depends on how far away the intended release window realistically is. But given I've just had my new OLED TV delivered, looking forward to a game like this is getting even more exciting.