• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Picked this up on sale, can't decide whether I want to be a man or woman. How's the voice acting for each? Any clear standout or dud?

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Did not realise this was the same team as Technomancer, had a couple of goes at that and it just felt wrong, even though it is exactly my sort of game. Might have to have another go after this.
This game really is just a more polished version of the Technomancer.

Although GreedFall is the better game, I think I still prefer Technomancer for its setting, story, and characters. I'd definitely recommend giving it one more shot.

Picked this up on sale, can't decide whether I want to be a man or woman. How's the voice acting for each? Any clear standout or dud?
They're both good. Choose whichever you want.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have some issues with this. Everything feels really slow, in combat or movement in general. And what really bothers me is that I like to explore but 90% of the time houses only have junk and it takes a year to explore everything and open every door. It's driving me crazy. Maybe I should only run from quest to quest but I hate playing like that.

ITBEATS

Oct 30, 2017
Got this on sale and first impressions are... it's brown. Like really brown.

Feels super budget. Like I knew going in it wasn't going to be AAA but everything feels janky and off.

Disappointed as I wanted something to scratch that BioWare itch.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Got this on sale and first impressions are... it's brown. Like really brown.

Feels super budget. Like I knew going in it wasn't going to be AAA but everything feels janky and off.

Disappointed as I wanted something to scratch that BioWare itch.
Really I'm playing it now and the jank isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The door opening animation and horrible camera acceleration on a gamepad are kinda making me motion sick though.

Also am I right in thinking that the crafting talent is near useless? You can just use a blacksmith for all the upgrades at a slight cost and crafting doesn't have any dialog or exploration checks like all the other talents.

horsebite

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just picked this up on the PSN sale after eyeballing it since release. Played for a couple hours last night. I love this setting, it's amazing. Loving the world building and art direction thus far. There is some jank, but it's not as bad as I expected. The voice acting is also very good.

Is there a consensus on best/most fun class? I'm not much of a magic user in any games, so I went Technical. Looking forward to playing more!

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Just picked this up on the PSN sale after eyeballing it since release. Played for a couple hours last night. I love this setting, it's amazing. Loving the world building and art direction thus far. There is some jank, but it's not as bad as I expected. The voice acting is also very good.

Is there a consensus on best/most fun class? I'm not much of a magic user in any games, so I went Technical. Looking forward to playing more!
Repeater pistol is pretty broken OP, in my experience.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I just started playing this after downloading it last month for PS+.

The game seems like it would be totally my jam but man does it control like crap (and people complain about Witcher 3) and the 30fps is rough after playing so much 60fps on the PS5 recently. I'm sure both of these things would be alleviated by playing the PC version but since that's currently full price at $50 I think I'll just try and power through the PS4 version.

Still, I can already tell this is the type of game I'd get lost in for dozens of hours.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI

The game seems like it would be totally my jam but man does it control like crap (and people complain about Witcher 3) and the 30fps is rough after playing so much 60fps on the PS5 recently. I'm sure both of these things would be alleviated by playing the PC version but since that's currently full price at $50 I think I'll just try and power through the PS4 version.

Still, I can already tell this is the type of game I'd get lost in for dozens of hours.

It's $22 on cdkeys

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK

I'm waiting for a future PS5 patch to play this game, because the graphics and framerate really bothered me as well.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York

Hm, that is pretty tempting.

I'm waiting for a future PS5 patch to play this game, because the graphics and framerate really bothered me as well.

Did the devs actually say they are working on a PS5 patch? If so, I'd definitely wait to continue playing it then.

I don't really mind the graphics, just boost it to 60fps and I'd be satisfied. Another thing that's weird is the camera movement with the right stick is super delayed for some reason, almost as if I was streaming the game with a bad connection and it had awful input delay or something.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
Hm, that is pretty tempting.

Did the devs actually say they are working on a PS5 patch? If so, I'd definitely wait to continue playing it then.

I don't really mind the graphics, just boost it to 60fps and I'd be satisfied. Another thing that's weird is the camera movement with the right stick is super delayed for some reason, almost as if I was streaming the game with a bad connection and it had awful input delay or something.
Yes they have announced it but not release date yet!

Nov 19, 2019
Anybody playing on the PS5 patched version of the game?

Picked it up yesterday and I'm finally jumping in. It really is a more polished version of the Technomancer as devSin said above, to a shocking degree. I enjoyed Technomancer, so that's a good thing.

One thing that always gets me about Spiders games is that the combat and leveling are the best parts, but the encounters are so thin on the ground. I'm noticing this in Greedfall already. I''d really love is another Orcs and Men style experience: where it's just basically a string of combat from end-to-end.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I regret putting 40 hours into this. It started solid and the world was interesting enough, but the cracks showed very early in the game and I should have known better. The game completely falls apart in the second half with backtracking galore and fighting the same 5 enemies and 3 boss types over and over again. It's also jank as fuck. And the story takes the most generic, boring turn you can think of. Lots of wasted potential.