Green Arrow or Hawkeye

• Green Arrow

Votes: 85 61.6%
  • Hawkeye

Votes: 53 38.4%

• Total voters

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019
So both Green Arrow and Hawkeye are the most well known superhero archers in comics. Between the two concerning history, stories, characters, etc who do you like more?

Green Arrow:
91NIEGwNbtL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Hawkeye:

81H88ZDcESL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ollie done right is more fun than Hawkeye most of the time. But Ollie done wrong is lame.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Ollie already admitted Hawkeye is better than him.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Hawkeye is the better archer but I liked JLU GA better. CW Ollie was "we have Batman at home" and didn't have Ollie's charm.

BRsomebody

Oct 28, 2017
Doylestown, PA
Green Arrow was my Injustice 2 main so him (I also really liked the Rebirth comic). I don't really feel strongly about Hawkeye at all outside of the Matt Fraction run.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
Ollie is the better character with a lot of depth. His taking Hal on a trek across the US to show him real life is an all-time comic.

Nov 3, 2017
Oliver has actually had a great fucking media portrayal in Kin Shriner's GA on Justice League Unlimited, as well as worthwhile runs. While the closest thing worth a damn about Hawkeye ever is Matt Fraction and David Aja's run.

Drayco21

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
They're both great, but Hawkeye ended up getting morphed into a weird edgy tool and nowadays is just a punching bag loser and walking punch line that Marvel doesn't give the respect that he deserves.

By comparison, Ollie gets treated way better and it makes reading him much nicer. He usually gets to stay true to the hyper-liberal, chili cooking, well-meaning family man dork we all know and love as long as The CW isn't writing him

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
I have virtually zero interest in Green Arrow, but love several incarnations of Hawkeye.

So Clint all the way.

Lukenukem716

May 20, 2022
I feel like it's always tough to put two of the same archetypes of heroes one from DC and the other from Marvel since DC generally has such a higher power scale.
I know this is about archer's but still.

Deleted member 171

Oct 25, 2017
Hawkeye is generally the better fighter, but Green Arrow just laps him in stories and characters, imo.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I like Green Arrow more.

He had two different but good interpretations in the Justice League Unlimited and Arrow shows.

In the former he was the down-to-earth, 'human' character in comparison to the rest of the superpowered Justice Leaguers and wasn't afraid to question them. Just a fun character.

In the Arrow show it's fair to call him 'Batman-lite' but I think the backstory of 'rich boy accidentally stranded on prison island' is interesting enough to formulate a different character, and it's a reversal of the Batman origin where both Ollie's parents are fairly terrible. There's a whole lot of nonsense in the show but I enjoyed it overall, and Oliver becoming the Spectre is fun.

cowtools

Jul 20, 2020
Canada
Comic Book Archers are better than Comic Book Gun Guys.

Pre-MCU synergy Hawkeye is the overall better character with better stories, and better moments, (plus the Fraction/Aja/Wu run.)

I'd give it to Clint, but now that Clint is stuck in his 'Sunglasses and Jeans' era, Ollie just seems more fun and exciting when he shows up.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Bronze Age onward Ollie > Silver and Bronze Age Clint >>>>> MCU Hawkeye > CW Ollie > Golden and Silver Age Ollie

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Green Arrow is the GOAT - he's a commie himbo who surrounds himself with people who make him a better person, constantly fucks up, but is generally pretty good about admitting it. He's not particularly great at anything - he's not even the best archer in the "Arrow family" and has virtually no other skills beyond shooting a bow - but he's got a lot of tenacity and strong commitment to helping others.

The whole "Snowbirds Don't Fly" storyline is iconic for a reason, but I think what sells it best is that it lets Ollie be kind of the bad guy. When he finds out Speedy is on heroin, he doesn't console him or vow to help him or anything like that, he pops him in the jaw, throws him on the street, and calls him a junkie!

SiThbvQ.jpeg

And then at the end of the issue, when Speedy comes back, pops HIM in the jaw, and lectures him on it, Ollie just takes it and watches him walk off with pride.

0SAfvtP.jpeg

It's that mixture of hardheadedness and humility, that emotion that he can't always resist but can then reflect on and set aside... that's what makes him so admirable and relatable.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Judging MCU Hawkeye against JLU Green Arrow which is the only places I know these characters from, it's an easy win to Green Arrow.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Judging MCU Hawkeye against JLU Green Arrow which is the only places I know these characters from, it's an easy win to Green Arrow.

MCU Hawkeye is an extremely bland take on Ultimate Hawkeye who himself bears little resemblance to main comics Hawkeye. MCU did Clint dirty.

(Still prefer GA somewhat, but comics Hawkeye is great.)

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
MCU Hawkeye is an extremely bland take on Ultimate Hawkeye who himself bears little resemblance to main comics Hawkeye. MCU did Clint dirty.
I've never realized until today that MCU Hawkeye's Ronin arc is basically a consolidated Ultimates 3 Hawkeye arc.

Wish we could have gotten said Ultimates 3 costume out of it.