Votes: 441 74.4%
  • The PB&J

Votes: 152 25.6%

• Total voters

angelgrievous

Middle fingers up
Nov 8, 2017
Ohio
If you can only have one which would it be? You can use any variation of cheese, fat, and bread to make the grilled cheese sandwich and conversely you can use any jelly/jam/preserve and nut butter to make the PB&J.

best-ever-grilled-cheese.jpg

Clean-Eating-Nut-Butter-and-Jam-Sandwich-Recipe-2.jpg

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Honestly tough decision.
Grilled cheese is a bigger treat, but I like how simple and delightful PBJ is

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
I said PB&J because a no frills PB&J trounces a basic grilled cheese, but something like a brie with fig spread on sourdough in a panini press can give even a grilled PB&J a run for its money.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
PB&J. I only like cheese in specific combinations, and a basic grilled cheese isn't it.

Especially with American cheese. That shit is whack.

edit: The bread in the OP should never be used for a good PB&J; too spongy.

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
Grilled cheese is the ultimate comfort food and a PB&J is a lazy snack, grilled cheese no contest

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I would rather eat a grilled cheese, but I rarely bother to make them, whereas PB&J has a superior effort to tastiness ratio.

So if someone else is offering, fire up the grill, but if I'm on my own, I'm just gonna pull out the peanut butter and jelly.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i want a brie, butter, salami, and apple slice sammich on baguette

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
no offense to pb&j but I think I'd pick just about any other sandwich on earth over it

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I like PB&J, but this isn't even a contest. It's grilled cheese. There is almost nothing better than what happens when cheese gets burned and crispy.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
just straight peanut butter for me. maybe peanut butter and banana. Grilled cheeses are always too greasy for me, if im gonna go greasy i just want like an actual hamburger or something.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
I don't know I've eaten so many they don't do much for me anymore.

PB&J has more variables. I could make 5 of them with the same ingredients and they would come out different. I'm sick and tired of making them.

Grilled cheese is more consistent for me. It's typically not too bad, but they dirty up a frying pan, and frying pans are constantly used around here.

As for this paring talk, PB&J goes surprisingly well with a bowl of chilli.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Probs a hot take, but I think both are super gross. However, if I had to pick one to eat it'd be grilled cheese... I guess.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Not even a close contest for me on this one. Grilled cheese every day of the week. PB&J was never really anything special to me. It's just ok. I love grilled cheese though.

Elfgore

Mar 2, 2020
I love grilled cheese, but something about getting myself a PB&J and a nice cup of milk can't be beat.

Heysoos

Prophet of Truth
Nov 3, 2017
PB&J because if I'm making any of these it's because I'm being a lazy fuck, and a good grilled cheese requires a lot more work than a simple PB&J.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
pbj is just too much, like i cant envision the thought of eating more than one pbj in a week. though i do like peanut butter on its own or with fruit/celery

meanwhile i can eat bread with cheese anytime

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Butter the bread on both sides and then add a stick of butter to the pan and then I butter it when it's done

If only there was a less greasy way!
Yeah, use less butter. A whole damn stick?

Butter both sides of bread? Good. Some butter (like one or maybe two pats) in the pan before putting the bread in? Good.
But a whole damn stick? Cut down on the butter and it won't be as greasy.

Planx

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, use less butter. A whole damn stick?

Butter both sides of bread? Good. Some butter (like one or maybe two pats) in the pan before putting the bread in? Good.
But a whole damn stick? Cut down on the butter and it won't be as greasy.
Butter comes in whole sticks though. They don't sell less butter, you have to use the whole stick.

Last time I mentioned this someone suggested using mayonnaise, but an entire jar of mayo isn't any less greasy