Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Grilled meats are so fucking tasty. Like is anyone else enjoying beef shortrib, burgers, chicken, hot sausages, etc.?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
lighty burned meat is delicious yes. if the arrachera aint crisping up yet put that shit back on the grill

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Grilled sausage and hotdogs? Absolutely the best.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I've assimilated more of my wife's Greek side and grilled Octopus today(along with burgers for the kids). I'm not trying to shade grilled meats they can be delicious, but Grilled Octopus is one of the greatest things I've ever eaten.

DarthKamen

Keeper of the White Materia
Jun 22, 2023
I haven't had a proper grilled burger in years but god they're good.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I'm moving into my first house soon and no lie, one of the things I'm most looking forward to is having my own grill again 😂.

OP
OP
Crossing Eden

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Grilled sausage and hotdogs? Absolutely the best.
Sausages in question:
caroline_smoked_hot_sausage_beef_side_2.5lbs__38641.1506612379.jpg

If u haven't had these then pls get enlightened 🙏

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
A nice steak, medium well with this
Great-Value-Savory-Steak-Sauce-10-oz_e4eb11fc-68c0-45e2-8b68-0abc7af50168.cd9c6b06e48b04f05142b459d80bbb02.jpeg

Would fight for it

RR30

Oct 22, 2018
Grilled 3 times this week. I'm not great at it but it's enjoyable and the food is better no doubt. Gonna try smoking a pork butt next.

Mar 18, 2020
Smoked a brisket for 19 hours, rested for 3 hours and it was incredible. Third time nailing the brisket cook so my confidence is building there. Love sharing it with family and friends. Had some pickles and pickled onions out to go with it. So good.

But yeah grilling or bbqing is totally my jam. Love the communal aspect of it. Love this time of year

Aug 17, 2022
Grilled red meat, sausage etc is amazing of course. But the meat itself does the heavy lifting.

If you get good at grilling chicken on a real hot cast iron surface (and not this slow cooking thigh business, again that's easy) with the right combo of sauce, spice and char, AND keep the moisture, then you are in next level flavor town.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
grilled 2oz burger sliders over charcoal with hot dogs earlier today. The savory with charcoal flavor is damn alchemy. Grilling heightens everything about well seasoned meat.

hopeblimey

Sep 23, 2023
I love grilling. Grilled some to die for tri-tip that came out lightly charred on the outside and pink and juicy in the middle. The kids usually don't like red meat but even they loved it.

Personally I like grilling chicken thighs the most. Always turn out absolutely incredible with that great Smokey flavor.

Crissaegrim

May 23, 2018
Not sure if it technically counts, but I've been smoking a lot over the past year. Mainly Tri tip, ribs, and kabobs (chicken and steak). Absolutely love it.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Hell yeah, in spring and summer I grill something like 3-4 times a week. One of my favorite things to do on a nice warm evening

Voidance

Oct 27, 2017
Love grilled meats. Just did a tri tip and will definitely be filling my summer with burgers, brats, hot dogs, and more as I do every year. I'm a big fan of grilling season.

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
I have an uncle that makes these really mean grilled pork chops, I really hope he's cooking them again at the family get together this year.

Doorman

Oct 25, 2017
Michigan
Fun time for this thread. I've had my house for about a year and a half now and it ended up coming with a grill, the first time I've properly had one of my own. I still haven't actually used it all that often, mostly for Italian sausages, burgers like once or twice (I've become a smashburger convert lately and since most of my cooking is only for myself, it's quicker and easier to just make those in a pan inside), and a few attempts at chicken with various marinades.

Today I took a shot at something I've never done before, and made a barbecue dry rub for some thinned-out chicken breast to make a grilled bbq chicken sandwich. Having never specifically done anything like this previously (like even in the history of my family growing up, dry rub like this is something my family never made), I had some trepidation, but the end result turned out pretty dang good for a first shot, albeit with some room for improvement in the grilling technique itself. It's definitely something I'll be adding to my repertoire and trying to refine a bit more this summer. I really should aim to use the grill more in general, especially for seasoned chicken like this. Cut down on some of the fattier red meats and spice rubs can do a lot to vary the style.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
I wanted to post a Hank Hill gif but Era just refuses any link from any site that comes up on google these days (or I don't know what I'm doing, or both)

But yes, nothing like a nicely grilled meat. I tend to prefer searing stuff like steaks or burgers on cast iron these days, and would usually smoke the meat given the time, but I'll gladly throw some chicken or sausages or pork or skewered meats on the grill, and I am adamant on finishing ribs that way as well.

I also do a lot of veggies on the grill during the summer.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Katana-Blend-1.png

Gonna turn these into smash burgers tomorrow along with some grilled hot dogs and grilled corn on the cob. Another reason summer is so great. Grilling every night unless there's T-storms.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I actually just did guava and cheese empanadas yesterday. Kept to the side for just under 2hrs for that good ol' smokey flavor that no one expects from an empanada. 'cause – why would you?

Flawless.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Air fryer salmon is so great. Olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon. Just the basics.