Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

news.xbox.com

Obsidian Announces Two Titles and Preps Release of a Third at Xbox Games Showcase - Xbox Wire

The Xbox Games Showcase was a big show for Obsidian. Not only did we get the chance to announce our first of two expansions that are coming to The Outer Worlds alongside our friends at Private Division, but we also got to show off a new trailer for Grounded, which releases into Xbox Game...

Next, we have Grounded, releasing on July 28. Shrunk down to the size of an ant, you and up to 4 of your friends will explore the familiar, yet oddly foreign environment of a backyard while trying not to get eaten. Everything that seemed to be tiny is now larger than life, and you will have to gather, build, and survive if you want to make it out of the backyard alive. Prepare to take on the yard in Grounded releasing on Xbox Game Preview, Xbox Game Pass, and Steam Early Access on July 28 for $29.99.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I'm confused about this. So even tho it starts in Game Preview, which is their separate early access, it's still available "for free" on the same day via Game Pass?

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
The early access demo (or whatever the hell it was called) was so much fun. Strangely gave me Fallout vibes but in a more unique world. Can't wait to play this next week.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm not big on survival games, but I am big on Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, and that whole conceit, so I'll give it a shot.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Wondering if I should start this next week or wait until Series X / full launch.

Love the Honey, I Shrunk the kids vibe

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
The Cyberpunk line was amazing.

It was funny. Not sure if it did the game any favors, I came away not understanding what makes it unique versus any other survival games, so it may have been wiser to focus on what makes Grounded fun. I could be wrong but if it's multiplayer I wouldn't expect humor to factor much into the actual game.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks fun but still have no idea really what it is. Is there a story? Is it just a sandbox? How multiplayer is it?( 2 people? 4 people? 30 people?). Are there game modes? I get that they want to gauge our feedback, but what is their vision beyond tiny-people/survival?

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
This honestly interests me, I can see myself having some fun with my friends here, hope we can explore the ants nest.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, I didn't know this was multiplayer based and installed it straight away after I got a notification in my XGP app the other day, I'm good without it.

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
Not much reaction here for this game?

I thought it looked fun.

Not to mention they got the best trailer last night lol

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
The demo a few weeks back was excellent. Excited for the early access release next week. This will do very well imo.

golem

Oct 25, 2017
Game looks fun but still have no idea really what it is. Is there a story? Is it just a sandbox? How multiplayer is it?( 2 people? 4 people? 30 people?). Are there game modes? I get that they want to gauge our feedback, but what is their vision beyond tiny-people/survival?
Sandbox survival game but with an overarching narrative. Can play solo or up to 4 players. The Steam demo was pretty fun and hinted at what was actually going on, will check out the early access release

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So how much story are we getting? If it's some incomplete experience, I don't want to play now.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I'm confused about this. So even tho it starts in Game Preview, which is their separate early access, it's still available "for free" on the same day via Game Pass?

There is nothing to be confused about. Game Preview/Early Access games are not free. The alternative to Game Pass is buying it on the Microsoft store or Steam.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
There is nothing to be confused about. Game Preview/Early Access games are not free. The alternative to Game Pass is buying it on the Microsoft store or Steam.

Now I'm even more confused.
Everything leads to the fact that it is indeed available on July 28th for game pass user too and now you're saying it won't?

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
Now I'm even more confused.
Everything leads to the fact that it is indeed available on July 28th for game pass user too and now you're saying it won't?

No that's not what i'm saying. I'm saying that it costs money if you want to buy it in early access and that's why it's also on Game Pass. It's not a free 2 play game.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
Any impressions from people who played the beta?

Is it like Terraria, or is it like fortnight or something else?

LycanXIII

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have they said how much content will be there at the start? One thing that gets me with survival games is the lack of things to do at the start, and then not feeling like starting over later when there's more.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Have they said how much content will be there at the start? One thing that gets me with survival games is the lack of things to do at the start, and then not feeling like starting over later when there's more.
When I played the demo a few weeks back there seemed like plenty to do. Very polished experience as well.

Edit: here is a short video from game Informer about the game:.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
not interested in the game outside of the aesthetic but that was a great trailer

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
No that's not what i'm saying. I'm saying that it costs money if you want to buy it in early access and that's why it's also on Game Pass. It's not a free 2 play game.

Ah yeah, of course.

I just was confused if it is in game pass because normally early access is something completely separate.
But I'm really exited for it to be in game pass. I would have payed for it cause I wasn't expecting it to be in, this is amazing.