• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Thank you to hiberner toujours for sharing this
Grubb talking about SoP/Showcase next month.

View: https://clips.twitch.tv/EnergeticHilariousDelicataFreakinStinkin-6cLM1DekPgcnO9Kw

"I have heard that there will be a PlayStation... something—either a State of Play or a Showcase—in May, so this is probably going to be there."

A little later: "Does that game have a date yet? I can't remember. (Others respond: No, I don't think it does.) Right, so that's why I brought up the PlayStation thing in May... If they're not going to announce a date by then—at that point, when that thing is happening—then I would almost assume it's a guarantee we get a date for this game at that thing."

View: https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/1775279122425708844

Last edited:

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
Let's goooo

Stealth edit: For the event, not SH2.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Would usually think it's a showcase but with the Pro releasing later this year, maybe they hold off to promote the hardware + games in the best light. Dunno.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Place your bets if you think SH2 Remake will have a worse or better showing then the previous trailer.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Excited to see more of SH2 remake. The insane whining and nitpicking from the SH diehards not so much.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Showcase #1 here we go!

I'm going all-in on Showcase #2 in September (PS5 Pro reveal) and Showcase #3 in December (PSX for 30th anniversary).

#TeamThirdShowcase2023!

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Uh, probably fair to note that he actually says "this will probably be there" if the PS thing he has heard about happens in May

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
All I want is the GR2 remaster rumor being true.

Ashes of Dreams

Fallen Guardian of Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Makes sense. It felt ready to be shown off for awhile. I'd be surprised if it wasn't launching this year, either this summer or in October.

Mostly curious to see what ELSE is there.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
If they are not doing a summer whatever, Ghost 2 could be there...right?

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Showcase in may is just standard at this point. SGF is 6/7 on Friday, so Showcase will prob be like May 30

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Sony will finally announce the release date for Bloodborne 2, will come out same day as Elden Ring DLC.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Might be a little to early to get anything MH Wilds related or SF6 season 2 related. Still excited!

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
If it is may I think it could be a showcase. I hope the improve upon the last ones, I want something of the level of 2020's showcases.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Feels like this is all we get anymore, from all three console manufacturers. Call me entitled, but this is getting old.
huh. Xbox had Developer_Direct in Jan and they have first party presence at Gamescom, Tokyo Game Show, Summer Game Fest, Game Awards, and their own e3 showcase every year basically lol plus third party showcases/indies

I don't think there's been any change in cadence from any of the platform holders, really.

Oct 25, 2017
First time a hint of what's coming in a showcase made me want to watch less. That was an interesting sensation.

I'll keep observing from afar but I sure don't like what they've shown so far.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
small sop prabably. just fuck off sony
41691-m.jpg

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
Wonder if we will get another bad SH2 trailer and then Bloober will blame Konami for it again? 🍿