Red Kong XIX

Oct 11, 2020
Curious if Hiroki Totoki will appear, similar like Jim Ryan did in the last showcase.

Gw08vLG.jpeg

Kinda doubt it since he is just interim CEO.

HellofaMouse

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, i just cant care about sony shows anymore. Dont even remember the last time i watched a sony thing and didnt walk away underwhelmed.

Its partly due their policy of not saying a word about their games until they're like 6 months out, but their shows totally lost the allure they had back in the e3 days.

kxs

Jul 25, 2022
I think Sony will announce a couple more games that they are publishing that are developed by external studios (similar to Rise of the Ronin and Stellar Blade). As another poster said, could be one of their China Hero Project games.

I like how there is little to no hype for Silent Hill 2 Remake.

Are people expecting Metal Gear Solid Delta to release this year? I know Sony has it as a 2024 release, but I dont feel that it will release this year.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Even if the showcase is overall a total misfire (like last year imo), it will still be a 10/10 if they reveal a new Astrobot Game for 2024. Astro's Playroom is still one of my favorite games this gen.

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Not gonna lie, i just cant care about sony shows anymore. Dont even remember the last time i watched a sony thing and didnt walk away underwhelmed.

Its partly due their policy of not saying a word about their games until they're like 6 months out, but their shows totally lost the allure they had back in the e3 days.

it's a good thing for developers. they used to have to start planning for E3 showings like a year in advance. huge time and resource sink especially earlier in the development cycle.

like if Ghost of Tsushima 2 is shown this May, I would expect it to be a 2025 game. the days of them announcing stuff years in advance is over except for the occasional mic drop like Wolverine.

kowalski

Oct 27, 2017
If the new Astrobot is not announced here with a release date in 2024, I will break my PS5.
Ok, I won't break it, but I will hit it hard.
Ok, I won't hit it hard, but I will point at it angrily.

Lionheart

Oct 26, 2017
I have too many games to play to even think of new ones lol. Miss the days of 10-15 hour games because you knew, everything they announce you can actually play.

With that said, I'll put everything aside to play NDs next game and MGS delta.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
Really hoping Sony announces a bunch of first party games. I miss E3 so much.

After that year where they highlighted 4 games with musical performances it feels like they play everything a bit closer to their chest.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'm not expecting a whole lot more from first party this year but I'd love to get a peek at what's in store for 2025. It's nice to have things to look forward to :)

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
The still have to show off Concord, so I'm expecting that at whatever their main event will be this year.

Blanquito

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I love how I don't know what SH2 is supposed to be and no one in this thread can be trusted with the correct name or a joke name either.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Where ever Playstation is, Capcom is right behind them. Expect to see Monster Hunter Wilds shown off at the next Playstation event.

dose

Oct 29, 2017
Excited to see more of SH2 remake. The insane whining and nitpicking from the SH diehards not so much.
Did you see the last trailer? It didn't look good.

I love how I don't know what SH2 is supposed to be and no one in this thread can be trusted with the correct name or a joke name either.
That's a pet hate of mine too, just using acronyms everywhere assuming everyone knows what you actually mean. It's Silent Hill 2.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like a PC version has been assumed for awhile but has that actually been confirmed? Or is that something that probably won't get confirmed until the PS5 version has been out for a bit?

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Praying and begging that, if this is legit, Square Enix will finally show off KH4 after 2 years of silence.

Otherwise I'll take that Gravity Rush 2 remaster please Sony.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
To the newcomers everything gets a pass
What? A bad game isn't suddenly good just because you haven't played the original.
It's so incredibly obvious looking in that the SH2 diehards keep the original on such a pedestal that nothing will ever be good enough. They view everything with a negative preconceived notion along with the dislike of Bloober and Konami. The stuff people were complaining about in other SH2 remake threads was just hilarious.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
What? A bad game isn't suddenly good just because you haven't played the original.
It's so incredibly obvious looking in that the SH2 diehards keep the original on such a pedestal that nothing will ever be good enough. They view everything with a negative preconceived notion along with the dislike of Bloober and Konami. The stuff people were complaining about in other SH2 remake threads was just hilarious.

And it's incredibly obvious that a lot of people just want to praise the new and shiny. We can do this kind of thing all day. A lot of people haven't seen what they've shown so far. That's all.

I stand corrected. Don't remember that

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
I need to see what kind of FPS Concord is before I get excited.

If it plays like COD/Battlefield with real ADS and sprinting - I'm all in

If it plays like Halo or Overwatch I'll let it pass right by.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I need to see what kind of FPS Concord is before I get excited.

If it plays like COD/Battlefield with real ADS and sprinting - I'm all in

If it plays like Halo or Overwatch I'll let it pass right by.
What if it is a hybrid of those games? Class based like BF, but small team like the others, real ads but heavy sci-fi themed.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
What if it is a hybrid of those games? Class based like BF, but small team like the others, real ads but heavy sci-fi themed.
I hear small team I think 3 v 3 and that's a turn off for me personally.

I need bare minimum 6 v 6, no more than 12 v 12

I just don't want aim from the hip for long distance shots or the instant buzz kill of descoping.

bitcloudrzr

May 31, 2018
I hear small team I think 3 v 3 and that's a turn off for me personally.

I need bare minimum 6 v 6, no more than 12 v 12

I just don't want aim from the hip for long distance shots or the instant buzz kill of descoping.
Small team for me is 6v6, BF style and I immediately jump to 64p. I would appreciate a sci-fi 6v6 since COD is abandoning that theme.